Is This Fender Electric Guitar'S Price Reasonable?

Jimmy1877

I'm Taiwanese but currently studying in Thailand, Bangkok

I live around the area of Samut Prakan, Srinakarin Rd.

I'm looking for a Fender Standard Stratocaster made from America

So far, I've already found a second-handed seller in Bangkok..

he's selling me a 'Second-handed America Fender Standard Stratocaster made in the year around 1990

he's selling me at the price of 26000 Baht including the guitar case. For any of you who's a guitarist or knows the pricing of guitars

do you think this is a reasonable price?

(NOTE: we're talking about the price in Bangkok here, because this same model selling in other area like America,

of course the price would be a lot more less. So please judge on this 26000 Baht price based on and comparing to

other used ones on sale in Thailand Bangkok only.)

PS. can anyone tell me the approximate price they're selling in Thailand in Baht

NOT looking from internet of other countries converting from Dollar or sth

for a brand new "Fender Standard Stratocaster made from America"

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out ! THANK YOU =D

The 2011 American Standard Strats are some of the best production guitars Fender have made in a long long time...the quality is superb, check the reviews.

I only just bought one about 3 weeks ago from the local distributor who have a shop called Music Concept on level 3 of central world. If you go there you will see lots of Strats. Unfortunately there is no more stock of the American Standard until Jan if you can wait.

40k baht which is about right given freight and import taxes. The US street price is $999

They come with a very nice SKB hardcase.

If you can pay the extra that will be a better buy than the 1990 one at 26000 in my opinion.

The 2011 American Standard Strats are some of the best production guitars Fender have made in a long long time...the quality is superb, check the reviews.

I only just bought one about 3 weeks ago from the local distributor who have a shop called Music Concept on level 3 of central world. If you go there you will see lots of Strats. Unfortunately there is no more stock of the American Standard until Jan if you can wait.

40k baht which is about right given freight and import taxes. The US street price is $999

They come with a very nice SKB hardcase.

If you can pay the extra that will be a better buy than the 1990 one at 26000 in my opinion.

Hi gkinbkk, what I've heard from others is also the Music Concept store in Central World,

actually I was planning for a visit next weekend, but too bad it's now out of stock...

the 1990 one at 26000, although it's second-handed, but it's actually introduced from a seller,

which a friend of mine knows, and my friend is a great guitar player who really understand abt guitars.

he got most of his second-handed guitars and all sorts of gears from this same seller

since he knows this seller is trustable and sells guitars that are in good condition.

With that said, perhaps 26000 Baht including the case as well, is a good deal?

btw, I wonder, is the guitar from 1990 in any way better/different than the new one?

SO: how do you know it's a real American Strat, not a Mexican Strat which are not bad, and most importantly... not a Chinese knock-off? Anybody knowledgeable on what to look for? I sold my Mexican Strat last year in the US, and miss having an electric axe.

SO: how do you know it's a real American Strat, not a Mexican Strat which are not bad, and most importantly... not a Chinese knock-off? Anybody knowledgeable on what to look for? I sold my Mexican Strat last year in the US, and miss having an electric axe.

Serial number will start with US and then the year. A 2011 US standard will be US11xxxxxxxxxxxx

The modern day standard strats are very fine production guitars right down to the rolled fret edges...I doubt a knock off producer would do that

• Like 1