Large, Firm And Covered In Pvc

McGarty

My old mattress is battered, beaten and bruised. Totally shagged out you might say :whistling:

While I was out on the m/c on Pattaya Thai I saw some mattresses on offer under 2,500 Baht for King size. Surely they had to be cheap and nasty at that price. On enquiring I was informed they had minor damage to one corner. More like a scuff mark to be honest and easily covered over by a fitted sheet. Covered in UPVC, firm and thick, I tried one out. They do seem very good and at 2,490 Baht inc delivery I cannot find fault with it. I had a great nights sleep last night and woke with no back ache this morning.

The shop did not have many in stock.

An added benefit of UPVC coating is that it will be stain free :unsure: A quick wipe down and it should be clean.

There is a little bit of Tongue in Cheek there.

The fact I bought one and had a good nights sleep and awoke with no back ache makes it a statement :)

Maybe someone is looking for a mattress on a budget. If so they can pop down to Pattaya Thai and look for themselves.

I use to think

the pvc is for transport only and that it should be removed for using.

While sleeping, we "produce" a lot of water (sweat) and this water needs to go somewhere .....

if you do not remove it, there is a good chance there there will be mold (แม่พิมพ์) after some time...

I use to think

While sleeping, we "produce" a lot of water (sweat) and this water needs to go somewhere .....

if you do not remove it, there is a good chance there there will be mold (แม่พิมพ์) after some time...

Yes - another main purpose for the mattress, is to absorb your sweat and let your skin breathe during your sleep.

PVC covered matresses is for children and older people who is likely to wet the bed.

I use to think

Yes - another main purpose for the mattress, is to absorb your sweat and let your skin breathe during your sleep.

PVC covered matresses is for children and older people who is likely to wet the bed.

On the other hand a quilted mattress like I had before this one would soak up the sweat and semen stains and other bodily fluids that will soak through the sheets.

Sweat alone can make clothes stink, so what might that do to your mattress after a while and then the other bodily fluids too? Look at a pillow for example and how easily they get stained from perspiration. You can see the marks on a pillow. You can also wash a pillow, you cannot wash a mattress. 1 year on, 2 years on even 5 years on all those fluids .... :bah:

Apologies for using the term UPVC in my original post as well. was a brain error ;)

Sweat alone can make clothes stink, so what might that do to your mattress after a while and then the other bodily fluids too?

Just use a mattress cover like this one?:whistling:

post-97561-0-69044700-1322529930_thumb.j

I use these covers on all my matresses, and no sweat marks or marks from "other" fluids.