The Rudest Farang I'Ve Ever Seen In Mcdonalds!

JimsKnight

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in Thailand 10 years, but can't speak Thai? I now feel better about my basic Thai and 3 years in country.

I used to smile and stumble through my order in terrible Thai, but after 3 visits they knew my order and say it to me in English as soon as I walk in. I then sit outside to avoid the over-enthusiastic ac and they bring it out for me.

There was a popular Mexican restaurant in San Francisco with a sign "We don't speak English but we promise not to laugh at your bad Spanish."

Most Thais are impressed when we at least make an effort, provided it isn't accompanied by a tantrum.

looks like a woman to me assuming its the one at the sauce bottle?

A Brit wouldnt be carrying a handbag and would have been wearing his obligatoty black socks.

in all my years in thailand i find germans to be the most undesirable rude people, not only to the thai,s. Btw i cant stand the brit lager lout types either they make me cringe!!! Maybe this old git is just angry at life, maybe he,s been scorched badly in the past by his tee rak, who knows but if i were there i would of stepped in and poured a bottle of sauce over his head to teach him some manners

There's nothing like a public brawl for making clear the benefits of good manners

SC

EDIT: Suspected stray character eliminated

(that sounds more sinister than I intended... I mean I corrected a typo)

Edited by StreetCowboy

It serves you right for eating such rubbish.

In Thailand, eat good wholesome Thai food,

at a fraction of the price of the foreign rubbish

and much more healthy!!

My last food poisoning from healthy wholesome Thai food is just 2 months ago.

Maybe I should eat more often at McD. :jap:

It serves you right for eating such rubbish.

In Thailand, eat good wholesome Thai food,

at a fraction of the price of the foreign rubbish

and much more healthy!!

I completely agree. Those luk chin are only 5 baht a pop and I'm confident that the vendor changes the cooking oil at least once a week.

Edited by mca

You get this kind of response from anyone who eats McDonald's food, they get belligerent, disorientated, and loud mouthed :lol:

I think you'll find that's Heineken.

In my experience, anyway

SC

Edit: the poor fella had not even got his McDs at the time of the incident, in any case.

Or do you reckon he'd been in there all day, scoffing burger after burger, gradually getting more obnoxious

Sorry, that's Heineken again.

Edited by StreetCowboy

What was the accent on this guy? You mentioned European...like was it non-native, English speaker, British accent?? just curious.

I'm somewhat shamed to say it was British, Englishman.

A Midlander / Southerner!

hehehehehe...sorry it was one of your countrymen. ;) I suspected as much. Whenever I see such posts about "grumpy" ex pats being grumpy for the sake of being grumpy...I always suspect "British". No offence meant to the British on this board because I know there are alot of wonderful British folks on this forum who have always been kind and helpful to me throughout the years. Now if it were someone smoking pot in public, I would think "American."

So I was right he was not rude at all, he was just British.... Clears it up... :jap:

:cheesy:

Q

looks like a woman to me assuming its the one at the sauce bottle?

A Brit wouldnt be carrying a handbag and would have been wearing his obligatoty black socks.

in all my years in thailand i find germans to be the most undesirable rude people, not only to the thai,s. Btw i cant stand the brit lager lout types either they make me cringe!!! Maybe this old git is just angry at life, maybe he,s been scorched badly in the past by his tee rak, who knows but if i were there i would of stepped in and poured a bottle of sauce over his head to teach him some manners

All these guys remind me of a poem said to have been written by Kipling.

Maybe too racist, let the Mods decide.:jap:

It is not wise for the christian white to hassle the asian brown

For the christian riles while the asian smiles and wears the christian down.

At the end of the fight is a tombstone white

with the name of the late deceased

and the epitaph drear, A fool lies here

who tried to hurry the east.

On a couple of occasions I've apologised to Thai staff over the behavior of westerners where it hasn't simply been the case of a moaning foreigner but where the bag of <deleted> in question has spoken to the staff as if they were dogs. I know it's not my position to apologise but I felt better for it.

Not saying this guy wasn't a jerk, but have you ever seen a Thai apologize for the behavior of other Thais toward foreigners? I have not, in fact only seen them try to rationalize it.

Like when you get over charged at a restaurant because of the color of your skin.

If that happened in the west, other westerners would go balistic.

I guess westerner's sense of duty, honor and "saving face" are quite different than those in Thailand, TIT :)

Of course I have. Plenty of thais have gone to great lengths to help me during my time in Thailand. Several times, Thais I have been with have protested on behalf of price or otherwise helped to make sure I got to where I should be without being ripped off. Try being more positive and meet new people perhaps!

I have also sometimes apologized for other farang imbeciles and douchebags and yes, I do consider that it's important to do that as we are foreigners here and the (very) bad behaviour of a few will get stereotyped to the rest of us.

On a couple of occasions I've apologised to Thai staff over the behavior of westerners where it hasn't simply been the case of a moaning foreigner but where the bag of <deleted> in question has spoken to the staff as if they were dogs. I know it's not my position to apologise but I felt better for it.

Not saying this guy wasn't a jerk, but have you ever seen a Thai apologize for the behavior of other Thais toward foreigners? I have not, in fact only seen them try to rationalize it.

Like when you get over charged at a restaurant because of the color of your skin.

If that happened in the west, other westerners would go balistic.

I guess westerner's sense of duty, honor and "saving face" are quite different than those in Thailand, TIT :)

Of course I have. Plenty of thais have gone to great lengths to help me during my time in Thailand. Several times, Thais I have been with have protested on behalf of price or otherwise helped to make sure I got to where I should be without being ripped off. Try being more positive and meet new people perhaps!

I have also sometimes apologized for other farang imbeciles and douchebags and yes, I do consider that it's important to do that as we are foreigners here and the (very) bad behaviour of a few will get stereotyped to the rest of us.

To be fair if you saw an incident like this involving a Thai you would still feel sorrow and empathy for the poor kid on the receiving end. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour no matter the nationality, and if you have empathy ( as you have ) it just goes to show that you've been well brought up.

I've often seen Thais rush to help farangs in distress too, it just goes to show that we're all the same.