Suphoth Still Mum On Origin Of Bt18 Million Stolen From Home

webfact

This thread is cracking me up...

And those Thai police are really on the ball... They're going to interview the Transport perm sec. NEXT WEEK??? The media report talking about that was today (Monday), so presumably that means a whole week ahead, next week.... No rush guys...

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if the daughter's dowry story is going to hold... Whether it's 18 million baht or 200 million baht, she must be quite a catch! B)

Only those without money and contacts will go to jail in this matter.

Those posters who continually bang on about how the rule of law is routinely ridden roughshod over simply fail to take the full extent of the context into account. This is Thailand. And it's no good saying something like 'we know Thailand isn't perfect but surely adherence to the rule of law is something they should aim at'. The way things are done in this country will change at a rate measured in generations. At a rate decided by Thais.

All this constant exasperation among farangs on this forum whenever the most brazen BS is successfully used to get influential people out of trouble is just a waste of energy. Relax. Thailand is changing. It will continue to change. But not because of your ranting or the attitudes of the Thais you might know and influence. It will change slowly, with improved education. Nothing will stop that, and nothing will accelerate it.

We're still in an era where when Suphoth gets away with this, his escape act alone will bring him a lot of respect from his peers.

The same transparency and checks and balances that exist in our own countries will not be comparable to those in Thailand within our lifetimes. Accept it and discover a whole new angle on your life here.

Some old man has sms sent from his phone and gets 20 years. Here is a criminal of epic proportions and he will never spend one day in jail. Welcome to Thailand.

Like I said, if he had sufficient money or contacts you would never had heard of him.

I don't think that's the issue in that particular case. He appears to be just some random fall guy to 1) mock LM laws and highlight how it can be abused 2) Back handedly show loyalty to the institution.

Only those without money and contacts will go to jail in this matter.

Those posters who continually bang on about how the rule of law is routinely ridden roughshod over simply fail to take the full extent of the context into account. This is Thailand. And it's no good saying something like 'we know Thailand isn't perfect but surely adherence to the rule of law is something they should aim at'. The way things are done in this country will change at a rate measured in generations. At a rate decided by Thais.

All this constant exasperation among farangs on this forum whenever the most brazen BS is successfully used to get influential people out of trouble is just a waste of energy. Relax. Thailand is changing. It will continue to change. But not because of your ranting or the attitudes of the Thais you might know and influence. It will change slowly, with improved education. Nothing will stop that, and nothing will accelerate it.

We're still in an era where when Suphoth gets away with this, his escape act alone will bring him a lot of respect from his peers.

The same transparency and checks and balances that exist in our own countries will not be comparable to those in Thailand within our lifetimes. Accept it and discover a whole new angle on your life here.

I agree with you in the main and specifically that change will come in a generational manner.

This thread is cracking me up...

And those Thai police are really on the ball... They're going to interview the Transport perm sec. NEXT WEEK??? The media report talking about that was today (Monday), so presumably that means a whole week ahead, next week.... No rush guys...

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if the daughter's dowry story is going to hold... Whether it's 18 million baht or 200 million baht, she must be quite a catch! B)

At least they are going to search his house now - hopefully he has had enough time to destroy/remove any more evidence left lieing around.

TAN News Network

@TAN_Network TAN News Network

NACC gets warrant to search home of Transport perm-sec Supoj for evidence of graft; media barred from entering premises

21 minutes ago via TweetDeck