Ukba Accepted English Test In Cm

gham

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for my wife to take a English course/test here in CM that is accepted by the UK Border Agency so she can apply for a marriage visa.

She has a good level of speaking and listening (I know this is all you need) but her reading and writing needs improvement and we would both like her to improve on them before she takes the test.

list of accepted tests : My link

Any help is very much appreciated

British Council and London House both do IELTS courses and the test.

The required score for marriage visa is surprisingly low, but the test is not cheap at around 6000B.

She'll also have to go to BKK to take the tuberculosis test, and for the visa application itself.

British Council and London House both do IELTS courses and the test.

The required score for marriage visa is surprisingly low, but the test is not cheap at around 6000B.

She'll also have to go to BKK to take the tuberculosis test, and for the visa application itself.

London House doesn't do IELTS tests. It may act as an agent however. The British Council administer them in Chiang Mai. The IDP/Australia Centre used to as well before it closed a few years ago. Now IDP just send up examiners occasionally. There's an academic and general version. Academic for studying abroad and general for working abroad. Never heard that the general version band scores can be used for the UKBA's marriage visa requirements. Check with the British Council directly though to confirm.

Ah, my mistake, you are correct.

I think both General and Academic are accepted for the visa application. However, I doubt the British Council will have much knowledge on that issue. You'd be better checking with the UKBA.

Edited by keo

The British Council, IDP Australia and Cambridge ESOL examinations are the 3 equal partners behind IELTS. The Britsh Council will be able to tell you whether IELTS is acceptable. The British Consulate next door will be able to tell you all you need to know about UK marriage visas.

TOEIC is on the list linked to by the OP. The TOEIC exam is administered by an American company called ETS. The TOEIC testing centre in CM is located in the largely unoccupied office building soi 3 Kaewnawarat Road.

Edited by Loaded