Non Imm 'O' Issued In England

I obtained my Non Imm 'O' visa in Hull providing my wifes details and original marriage cert.

I am due for my 90 day at the end of December, and am not sure whether I can go to immigration or would have to do a Visa run.

My Visa looks no different to my other 2 'O' Visas which were issued on the basis of Visiting friends. Luckily we got married last year so it made keeping an 'O' visa easier.

Even though it just states non Imm 'O' visa Multiple entry in my Passport can I just report to immigration in Jomtien with my wife for a 90 day extension?

And if so what paperwork of hers/ours will I need?

I have been looking through the posts here but the Visa wording in my Passport makes me a little confused.

Thanks in advance.

Garry

Edited by englishinsiam

You will need to do a border run unless you qualify for 1 year extension of stay based on marriage.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Paperwork needed:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

Edited by PoorSucker

I already have the 'O' Visa so shouldn't need to prove income. That's only if they are issuing a new visa isn't it?

It's just my first 90 day period up for renewal.

If you don't want to make a border run every 90 days you must apply for extension, it's not a visa.

You have a visa - that is the point - you do not have a one year extension of stay from immigration and that is what requires the financial information and the paperwork listed in post 2. Your visa only allows a 90 day stay at the end of which you must leave the country (although you can immediately return for a new 90 day stay). This is how it is used by most people. If you can qualify for extension of stay you only needed a single entry visa and visit immigration to obtain. You can, if you qualify and do not want to make exits every 90 days, make the extension during the last 30 days (60 in Jomtien) of any entry.

I already have the 'O' Visa so shouldn't need to prove income. That's only if they are issuing a new visa isn't it?

It's just my first 90 day period up for renewal.

If you don't want to make a border run every 90 days you must apply for extension, it's not a visa.

Thats what I meant

So I can go to immigration then?

And what paperwork will I need?

Thanks

Marriage Requirements

In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

You have a visa - that is the point - you do not have a one year extension of stay from immigration and that is what requires the financial information and the paperwork listed in post 2. Your visa only allows a 90 day stay at the end of which you must leave the country (although you can immediately return for a new 90 day stay). This is how it is used by most people. If you can qualify for extension of stay you only needed a single entry visa and visit immigration to obtain. You can, if you qualify and do not want to make exits every 90 days, make the extension during the last 30 days (60 in Jomtien) of any entry.

Ok thanks so unless I now prove income I will need to do the Visa run.

Thanks for the replies sadly I wont have the savings until Jan for the Marriage extension so I'll just do a Visa run for now in December.

That clarifies things for me.

If you only need 60 days you can use rule 2.24

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Ok thanks so unless I now prove income I will need to do the Visa run.

Income or bank savings of 400k for 2 months and visit immigration with wife and all documents listed above and return 30 days later for the one year extension of stay stamp.

Thanks for the replies sadly I wont have the savings until Jan for the Marriage extension so I'll just do a Visa run for now in December.

That clarifies things for me.

If you only need 60 days you can use rule 2.24

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Thanks but I'll need the 90 days as I wont get my cash in until Mid Jan and would rather not risk the fines they get pricey at 500 Baht a day :-0

Thanks for all the replies guys thats cleared things up for me.

Hi

I have a 90 day visa non o based on marriage and child.

Thanks for all the useful info, i was just wondering how they are with overseas bank statments, it's not income it;s money held overseas, would i still need to get that certifed by the embassy as proff, my thai bank account falls short .

Also to apply in hua hin would it have to be within the 60 day to 30 day window before the visa runs out.

Also is the one year the only extension i can apply for, is there other options like 2 months or 4 months?

Thanks for your help

1. Income must be what your Embassy allows and if asked you would have to support that with paperwork. I doubt bank deposits could be considered income but rents/interest and such would likely be accepted.

2. Believe only Jomtien allows more than 30 days early except as an exception on a case-by-case basis.

3. There is a 60 day extension available to stay with wife/child but only available once per entry. You could not go every 2 months for a new one. But there is no financial conditions involved - just the normal 1,900 baht fee of any extension.

3. There is a 60 day extension available to stay with wife/child but only available once per entry. You could not go every 2 months for a new one. But there is no financial conditions involved - just the normal 1,900 baht fee of any extension.

From Police order 777/2551