An Open Letter To Bangkok Airways

ChiangMaiThai

Sorry fellas I like bangkok Airlines have always treated me well and give me a exit seat without asking. I also donot pay extra for my 2 bags checked which would cost me more than the ticket on Asia Air.

At present most airlines charge you for a change of flight to the tune of 100 dollars. Southwest Airlines in the states refused to do this but it cost them about half a million a year to so.

They are a business following what has become standard business pratices in the airline industry.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fellas I like bangkok Airlines have always treated me well and give me a exit seat without asking. I also donot pay extra for my 2 bags checked which would cost me more than the ticket on Asia Air.

At present most airlines charge you for a change of flight to the tune of 100 dollars. Southwest Airlines in the states refused to do this but it cost them about half a million a year to so.

They are a business following what has become standard business pratices in the airline industry.

Sorry, but when it comes to "Premier" level flyers, other non-budget airlines are simply superior to Bangkok Airways. Sure, it's nice that you can check bags for free.

• 3 weeks later...

I just called them to change my ticket again. The fair difference was over 2,000 Baht and of course as I have said here before, they are within their rights to insist that I pay this. However, today the manager who had called me before waived the fee and allowed me to change the ticket free of charge. So I wanted to make that known here. I doubt it will cost them anything and I feel a little better about Bangkok Airways already. So that's one point to Bangkok Airways.

I just called them to change my ticket again. The fair difference was over 2,000 Baht and of course as I have said here before, they are within their rights to insist that I pay this. However, today the manager who had called me before waived the fee and allowed me to change the ticket free of charge. So I wanted to make that known here. I doubt it will cost them anything and I feel a little better about Bangkok Airways already. So that's one point to Bangkok Airways.

Did you change the same ticket as the one which prompted this thread? If so, this was the second change you made to this itin.? What is the routing? 2,000 baht seems steep for yet another fare difference.

It is great that this simple allowance has appeased you, allowing you to forget all the other issues you have with PG, and re-instated your loyalty. It looks like this was a win-win for both you and PG. They get more money, from your first change, and you feel better.

Maybe you should ask a Mod to change the thread sub-title?

Edited by lomatopo

Did you change the same ticket as the one which prompted this thread? If so, this was the second change you made to this itin.? What is the routing? 2,000 baht seems steep for yet another fare difference.

It is great that this simple allowance has appeased you, allowing you to forget all the other issues you have with PG, and re-instated your loyalty. It looks like this was a win-win for both you and PG. They get more money, from your first change, and you feel better.

Maybe you should ask a Mod to change the thread sub-title?

Different ticket. This one was BKK - CNX.

Not sure where I stated that I now love BKK Airways and have forgotten about all their pitfalls. I was simply remarking that a small act on their part that costs them nothing can help to foster a more positive impression. They are still severely lacking in so many areas and I suspect that they always will be until they are actually forced to compete rather than rely on their monopoly routes. If you owned the only restaurant in town, how far out of your way would you go to make sure that the food was excellent?

Last two times I flew Bangkok Airways on a morning flight to Chiang Mai, most recently last week, there must have been at least 200 people queueing for check-in. The queue snaked around in front of the counters, past that, out into the main departure hall and farther down. I've never seen anything like it. Fortunately I was able to bypass that and check in at business class using my AIS serenade platinum card.

Another thing about last week's flight: after I had booked and paid for the ticket, the website came back saying that the flight was operated by Nok Air. What? Why didn't they say that before I booked and paid? If I wanted to fly Nok Air I would have booked with Nok Air AND paid less. When I checked in, the counter agent informed me the flight would be Nok Air aircraft and service, and sure enough, it was indeed the oldest 737-400 in the Nok Air fleet. Honestly, that was really unfair, Bangkok Airways. How would you like it if you booked a flight on Singapore and then after you paid, you found out it would actually be done with Indian Airlines aircraft and service?

So from those last two observations, my thoughts on Bangkok Airways: never again, thanks.

Hi All,

I just got back from USM. My experience with Bangkok Airways was a positive one. Basically, I'd booked three flights from Bangkok to Samui. I made one booking for me and a friend, and a later booking for another friend who'd decided to come along after I'd made the initial booking.

Anyway, there was an oversight on the second booking and I'd got the date wrong - we were supposed to be travelling to Samui on the 19th, but I'd booked my other friend's flight for the 18th. When we turned up on the 19th, we were obviously informed that one of our party should have flown the previous day.

So, expecting to have to pay for another flight and/or some ludicrously over-priced admin fee, we were instead advised that my friend was to be placed on the stand-by list BUT, should nothing become available, that he was ALSO confirmed on a flight to travel later on in the day (should he fail to be squeezed on to a flight leaving earlier).

This was all done free of charge!!

As it happens, my friend was able to travel on a flight earlier than the one we were going on!! He was fortunate that one seat had become available on the very next flight so gladly accepted.

Anyway, that's my experience of the airline. It's the first time I'd used them and I was quite impressed with the service.

wife just booked 3 rt tickets to bkk for the end of january, cost for all 3 rt ticks just under 10, 000 baht. nok air out of surathani. i will drive and do some business in HH and drop them in Surathani on the way there and back. quite a savings and it feels good to keep the extra baht say <deleted> bkk air.

Please don't mistake "loosing" money with "not making" money. This is a retarded term in the business world that everyone likes throwing around. It doesn't cost them anything to make that change. They simply not making the $$ they could have but they keep their customers happy.

I fly Nok air for my business trip once a month and occasionly for my personal trips as well. Many times I did changes to my itinerary and only once I was asked to pay for the change. My personal opinion is that Nok Air is very customer oriented and they always have fair prices and deals that even Air Asia can't compare with.