Thai PM Yingluck Cancels Events After Falling Sick

webfact

POLITICS

Yingluck cancels events after falling sick

THE NATION

30171102-01_big.JPG

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday developed a headache and nausea following her visit to a flooded area in Nonthaburi at around noon, forcing her to cancel her workload for the rest of the day.

According to a source close to the prime minister, Yingluck appeared faint, complained of a headache and vomited during a lunch break at Muang Thong Thani in Nonthaburi. She had earlier inspected a flooded area of Pak Kret district of the province north of Bangkok for almost two hours.

She did not look well and her smiles to welcoming local residents appeared forced.

During the lunch break, Yingluck excused herself and left shortly afterwards. Her schedule for the afternoon was cancelled, according to the source.

Government Spokeswoman Thitima Chaisang said yesterday the prime minister had a headache because she was exposed to strong sunlight while outdoor, but insisted the premier had not vomited.

According to the spokesperson, Yingluck ate only a light meal in the morning as she was recovering from a bout of food poisoning. She said that during her visit to Vietnam on Wednesday, Yingluck did not have solid food and only drank some water and glucose for refreshment.

"At Muang Thong Thani, the prime minister joined staff for a lunch break but did not eat anything. She left immediately after developing a headache," the spokeswoman said.

Yingluck was discharged from hospital on Wednesday after being treated for one day for food poisoning. She went to Vietnam on a whirlwind visit shortly after being discharged.

Yesterday morning, the prime minister presided over a ceremony at Government House where state officials gathered and vowed to serve honestly, as part of the celebrations of His Majesty the King's birthday this month. Participating in the ceremony were Cabinet members, military commanders, senior bureaucrats and civil servants, and representatives of state enterprises.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-02

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew the pressure would be too much for her. Don't worry though, big brother is to the rescue soon!

Why so nasty? GI infections can linger and significantly weaken patients. I wouldn't be surprised if the PM continued working at a brisk pace despite being advised by her physician to stay in bed for a few days and recuperate.

We all knew the pressure would be too much for her. Don't worry though, big brother is to the rescue soon!

Why so nasty? GI infections can linger and significantly weaken patients. I wouldn't be surprised if the PM continued working at a brisk pace despite being advised by her physician to stay in bed for a few days and recuperate.

Its a problem with any female, that they can only function for 3 weeks out of every 4.... She should resign... She is far too weak and immature to be the Prime Minister of this vast country. Obvious to any one who has an ounce of sense. If you cannot take the heat......... get out of the <deleted> kitchen...!

Its a problem with any female, that they can only function for 3 weeks out of every 4.... She should resign... She is far too weak and immature to be the Prime Minister of this vast country. Obvious to any one who has an ounce of sense. If you cannot take the heat......... get out of the <deleted> kitchen...!

Please pick up your award at the exit.

Julia Gillard, P.M. of Australia seems to be doing O.K. and Australia is a bit "vaster" than Thailand.

However I doubt P.M. Yingluck has the inbuilt stamina of Ms Gillard.

I hope this spate of sickness clears up soon, as she has a long and rocky road ahead, since Big Bro" isn't coming home just yet.

She should resign, because she's on her periode? Or because she is sick?

Oh no...because she is stupid and incompetent and whatever else...you just used this "news" to blubber out the usual rant!

I see!

You must be very, very bored!

Julia Gillard, P.M. of Australia seems to be doing O.K. and Australia is a bit "vaster" than Thailand.

However I doubt P.M. Yingluck has the inbuilt stamina of Ms Gillard.

I hope this spate of sickness clears up soon, as she has a long and rocky road ahead, since Big Bro" isn't coming home just yet.

Julia Gillard is a Brit, from Wales

different league.......

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday developed a headache and nausea following her visit to a flooded area in Nonthaburi at around noon, forcing her to cancel her workload for the rest of the day".

Ha Ha Ha!!!! What you deserve. After all, infections and diseases "ARE NOT" a problem from the floods!!!!

I hope you suffer for the rest of the month ahead Yingluck, at least until the all of the waters have gone!!!:D.

I think this is just a ruse to bunk off attending parliament - not that she does this much, anyway as "all of these nasty people keep on asking me awkward questions and expect me to answer them without consulting with my brother first"!!!! NOT FAIR for me, is it!!!!

she could well be verging on having a breakdown... rather sad if that is the case

Sad for her as an individual, but possibly better for the country if she steps down as a result.

Let's be honest, she isn't "The Iron Lady' is she?

Do you know any females? Sounds like you don't if you think they can only function 3 weeks out of 4. Maybe you're just a misogynist.

Her body is telling her what many of us already know about her fitness for this job. Not talking physical fitness here. I think she was sold a bill of goods of how easy it would be to smile her way through it. Nothing to do with her sex. It's the situation her brother put her in. The world has now had a number of massively strong and effective female top leaders (that clearly actually WANTED the jobs). To her defenders, have a closer look at the many signals she has sent, explicit and not.

Edited by Jingthing

Her body is telling her what many of us already know about her fitness for this job. Not talking physical fitness here. I think she was sold a bill of goods of how easy it would be to smile her way through it. Nothing to do with her sex. It's the situation her brother put her in. The world has now had a number of massively strong and effective female top leaders (that clearly actually WANTED the jobs). To her defenders, have a closer look at the many signals she has sent, explicit and not.

+1

I understand it.

I would also feel nausea if I must see all that dirty black skinned poor peasant.

Imagine they don't even have proper manicured fingernails and they even try to touch you.

I am sure she is also worried what diseases she can get if they touch her.

And me!!!!

Isn't there an age regulation for posting on TV?

Some of you guys are clearly not mature enough to post here!

What about closing threads like this one?

a) I really don't see, why anyone would discuss anybody else bowel movements.

b ) Reading 90% of the posts, the diarrhea that some folks have writing wise, is far worse than whatever the PM can ever have!

Wishing anyone and having a ball about anyones sicknesses is really a very, very low form of Schadenfreude.

No matter how much you "hate" a person, how he or she has done wrong or how much of an political opponent she/he is.

The whole display of discussion here is just very, very sad!

Edited by DocN

b ) Reading 90% of the posts, the diarrhea that some folks have writing wise, is far worse than whatever the PM can ever have!

Wishing anyone and having a ball about anyones sicknesses is really a very, very low form of Schadenfreude.

No matter how much you "hate" a person, how he or she has done wrong or how much of an political opponent she/he is.

Oh come on!!!!!!

She's hardly in a life threatening situation is she!!!! It's about time she suffered for all the damage she had done and those extra unnecessary lives lost through her negligence of duty. At least she will get over it and I'm sure she is being well looked after as she can afford it - unlike her minion peasants who ARE suffering and have lost loved ones!!!!:unsure:.

I'm sick to the teeth of her sickly "forced smile" as all she cares about and is concentrated on is getting her brother back to Thailand despite her protestations (blatant lies) otherwise!!!

Don't get well soon Yingluck - suffer some more as it will do you good!!!!

Oh come on!!!!!!

She's hardly in a life threatening situation is she!!!! It's about time she suffered for all the damage she had done and those extra unnecessary lives lost through her negligence of duty. At least she will get over it and I'm sure she is being well looked after as she can afford it - unlike her minion peasants who ARE suffering and have lost loved ones!!!!:unsure:.

I'm sick to the teeth of her sickly "forced smile" as all she cares about and is concentrated on is getting her brother back to Thailand despite her protestations (blatant lies) otherwise!!!

I rest my case!huh.gif

Yingluck chose this position she now holds, she could be said to believe it is her birth-right to have power. For this reason she has made herself available for ridicule and is playing straight into the hands of her detractors by falling apart so soon.

Maybe she is a very nice lady (though I have my doubts), but she is no leader of a country... in fact, I would object to her being the Chairperson of my Country Club!

No-one wishes Yingluck, the person, the wife and mother to be seriously ill... well no reasonable person. But, we tend to be less than reasonable at times when the mere fact that she has this position of power is as ludicrous as this reality clearly is.

There is no thinking person that can tell me that she is a world-class politician or states-person.

Thailand has some serious issues to deal with when it has come to appointing a "pretty" and a PM.

as a fence sitter either hate or schadenfreude truly was,nt a concept i had considered for the posts you refure too, I had assumed it had much to do with the blatant and seemingly endless lies that seem to flow from yingluck and many of her ministers or rather friends and relatives, But i do have to admit that the lack of embarrasment by her followers and also supporters here on tv i find rather scary.

Edited by tingtongfarang

Oh come on!!!!!!

I rest my case!huh.gif

Well said DocN, perhaps an IQ limit too!!!! How anybody can blame Yingluck is beyond belief. At least she hasn't invaded some middle east country or had protesters heads blown off like some of the world's well known leaders have done. She was unlucky to be the one in power when the Thai emergency flood measures were tested and found wanting, the only answer to that was for long term investment in flood defences and I'm sure many of the people slagging her off are the ones guilty of 'take the money and run' policies (yes - even her brother). As for the people on thaivisa with their smug comments, do you all pay taxes here? are you registered voters? what are your qualifications for such nasty comments about Yingluck. Have you all got some inside source that keeps you all up to date about Thai politics? who would have done better with the flood crisis? which superhuman hero did you all have in mind?