Some Good People In Pattaya

dogtim

Just been knocked off my scooter, some damage to it and a few cuts and bruises to me. Amazingly the Thai who did it stopped and admitted guilt. Left me with his ID card and arranged to meet at repair shop on Tuesday to pay for damage. Usually they just drive off or try to blame the 'Farang'. Maybe it's not so bad here in Pattaya after all!

On my first trip to Pattaya back in 2004, I was at Big C. I had to use the toilet downstairs there but did not have any small baht coins for the tissue box dispenser. I really had to go and there was not much time. One of the ladies probably a cleaning lady, gave me the 2 baht I think it was for the machine. I said I would be right back, but when I came out she was gone. Just one of those little things I won't forget. A small act on her part, but it helped me a lot.

As for motor scooters. Three years ago, one somehow managed to run into me as they zoomed across the small street out of control. Knocked my big butt forward and their scooter to the ground. Both the guy and gal said "my arm". I said my "axxxx", you hit me! They put their heads down, climbed on the scooter and moved on.

Have had many pleasant chats with the gals in many of the laundry places (Soi Yume is a doll),and foot massage places too. Not quite on topic, but just mentioning some pleasant people.

On my first trip to Pattaya back in 2004, I was at Big C. I had to use the toilet downstairs there but did not have any small baht coins for the tissue box dispenser. I really had to go and there was not much time. One of the ladies probably a cleaning lady, gave me the 2 baht I think it was for the machine. I said I would be right back, but when I came out she was gone. Just one of those little things I won't forget. A small act on her part, but it helped me a lot.

You use paper to wipe your ass.... yuck.

Paper is the only thing that will clean you 'just inside', these spray hoses are good for outside but will not prevent a $h!t stain later in the day.

Paper is the only thing that will clean you 'just inside', these spray hoses are good for outside but will not prevent a $h!t stain later in the day.

i am thinking this is getting way off topic.........................

Your fingers aren't just for picking your nose with.

You obviously have never used a spray gun,since it is exactly the opposite from what you comment.

I posted this purely to point out as the title says. Pattaya people aren't all bad. What is wrong with the mentality of so many sad old men on here, that their responses are so purile? Those that live here, get off your <deleted> and meet real people, not just sit at home with the current 'wife' 30 years younger than you while you hide behind your computer screen. Those of you who are unable to live here, don't believe most of the crap posted here!

I posted this purely to point out as the title says. Pattaya people aren't all bad. What is wrong with the mentality of so many sad old men on here, that their responses are so purile? Those that live here, get off your <deleted> and meet real people, not just sit at home with the current 'wife' 30 years younger than you while you hide behind your computer screen. Those of you who are unable to live here, don't believe most of the crap posted here!

The problem is that they are so negative to Thai's that they get the negative back.

totster :D

The problem is that they are so negative to Thai's that they get the negative back.

Thanks.

I very much concur. :thumbsup:

That is good advice. However, I think most of us have a real love/hate relationship with Thais and Thailand , irritated by many small things and the "Thai logic" but when it comes down to it it is still the place where we want to be. And then some Thai will come up with some unexpected act of honesty or kindness and make all those irritations seem irrelevant. We grumble and whinge about them but if it wasn't the Thais , it would be some other group or something else and the grumbling serves it purpose as a a method of letting off some steam at times.

That is good advice. However, I think most of us have a real love/hate relationship with Thais and Thailand , irritated by many small things and the "Thai logic" but when it comes down to it it is still the place where we want to be.

And this is what it comes down to... 'thai logic'

consider their logic is what counts.. not your weird farang logic !!