Live-In Thai Girlfriend

cigar7

I have some friends who have a live-in Thai girlfriend. My understanding is that is customary to provide an allowance, pocket money or a stipend to one's live-in Thai girlfriend.

My friends, who all live in Pattaya, give their GF any where from 1K per week to 10k per month, plus they provide all food, drinks, entertainment and medical care. They occassionally take her for short trips to Koh Sami, her village and other places. She basically takes care of him, cleans the condo daily, cooks and shops, if required, and of course, keeps him happy in bed. She uses her stipend for makeup, clothes and gifts to her parents. Most of the GFs don't work outside of the home, but some do.

I'd love to have a live-in Thai GF. What are other guys doing for their live-in Thai girlfriends?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they are not girlfriends, they are staff & are being paid accordingly. The rate, like most in house staff is variable depending on the generosity & or desperation of the employer & the expectation & or desperation of the employee. :rolleyes:

they are not girlfriends, they are staff & are being paid accordingly. The rate, like most in house staff is variable depending on the generosity & or desperation of the employer & the expectation & or desperation of the employee. :rolleyes:

Nail, head and hammer

You're right tots, it is both taking advantage of each other. And I personally have no objection to that provided all parties involved are happy.

But why (do people like the OP) pretend it is anything other than that?

Edited by Moonrakers

I have some friends who have a live-in Thai girlfriend. My understanding is that is customary to provide an allowance, pocket money or a stipend to one's live-in Thai girlfriend.

My friends, who all live in Pattaya, give their GF any where from 1K per week to 10k per month, plus they provide all food, drinks, entertainment and medical care. They occassionally take her for short trips to Koh Sami, her village and other places. She basically takes care of him, cleans the condo daily, cooks and shops, if required, and of course, keeps him happy in bed. She uses her stipend for makeup, clothes and gifts to her parents. Most of the GFs don't work outside of the home, but some do.

I'd love to have a live-in Thai GF. What are other guys doing for their live-in Thai girlfriends?

Your friends are all NUTS do they do this with a girlfriend in their own country?

And didn't most of the posters thus far come from families where the husband worked and the wife took care of their home and wasn't she provided with money by him, the difference between what the OP and I describe being a marriage ceremony and a piece of paper! Detractors should get a life and throw fewer stones, desperation and mirrors spring to mind.

Edited by chiang mai

I can imagine the lifestyle for a bloke who's flash enough to dole out the princely sum of 1k a week as a stipend. Hate the game don't hate the playa!

Food - Can of sardines ( Not 3 Lady Cooks - too pricey )

Drinks - From free drinking water dispenser in Tesco Lotus

Entertainment - Counting the geckos on the ceiling of an evening

Medical Bills - 2 Tiffy and a pack of Fisherman's Friend

Trip to Koh Samui- check daily tides as she has to swim there

Trip to other places - next door neighbour's garden

Trip to her village - Claim GPS in car is broken so can't go.

Gift for parent's - Lighter for dad ( disposable ), Free calendar from SCB for mum.

Clothes - steal from next door neighbour's washing line whilst on aforementioned trip to other places

Makeup - Demo counter at Central

:D

( All in jest mate )

Edited by mca

Your friends are all NUTS do they do this with a girlfriend in their own country?

a lot of them -not all- do... after the girlfriend mutates to wife :whistling:

And didn't most of the posters thus far come from families where the husband worked and the wife took care of their home and wasn't she provided with money by him, the difference between what the OP and I describe being a marriage ceremony and a piece of paper! Detractors should get a life and throw fewer stones, desperation and mirrors spring to mind.

we have a winner!

thumbsup.gif

So many different names for the same thing, girlfriend, wife, partner, live-in, better half, fiance and now staff, what's in a name or a title, very little I suspect since 98% of the duties and functions are the same across all of them!

Theers a difference between home help and girlfriend and suspect many of the people you mention married for love not money but hey ho, to call her a girlfriend is stretching credibilty .Generally the wife stayed at home when kids came along I doubt she stayed at home in the 1950's with no kids.

Theers a difference between home help and girlfriend and suspect many of the people you mention married for love not money but hey ho, to call her a girlfriend is stretching credibilty .Generally the wife stayed at home when kids came along I doubt she stayed at home in the 1950's with no kids.

"So many different names for the same thing, girlfriend, wife, partner, live-in, better half, fiance and now staff, what's in a name or a title, very little I suspect since 98% of the duties and functions are the same across all of them!" - now add the title, "home help" to the list.

And the transition to from Live in Girlfriend to Wife will be Plan A in the woman's mind - It will undoubtedly come with a Sin-Sod demand and a further demand for a monthly payment to take care of the woman's aged parents (who might be younger or not much older than the OP).

As a general rule - If a relationship starts with a financial transaction, it will continue on that basis.

As a second general rule, we hear a lot about foreigners being scammed, robbed, cleaned out by Thais - I'm convinced that in almost all cases the foreigner is smiling while he hands over the money.

As a second general rule, we hear a lot about foreigners being scammed, robbed, cleaned out by Thais - I'm convinced that in almost all cases the foreigner is smiling while he hands over the money.

Telling your mates down the pub that you gave your wife all your savings, bought her a house and a car and now she wont give those things back, doesn't have the same sympathetic ring to it that a robbery or scamming story does.

I used to have girlfriends in my own country and depending upon who was working or not working at the time we did take care of eachother financially.

I used to have girlfriends in my own country and depending upon who was working or not working at the time we did take care of eachother financially.

The implication in this thread is they aint ever working, which strikes me as odd

The implication in this thread is they aint ever working, which strikes me as odd

If the guy(s) don't mind her not working and have enough money to support her who are we to judge?

:jap:

Just google "paul mccartney divorce" and you will learn what a live-in GF can cost in the West.

If the guy(s) don't mind her not working and have enough money to support her who are we to judge?

ThaiVisa members are Judge , Jury and executioners so often, they seem to live totally different lives to the vast majority of expats I know and have known for over 20 years.

I have never met many Farangs that have no knowledge of the bar scene, have never paid for sex, are all married to professional independently wealthy Thai women 20 - 30 years their junior, yet on this forum it seems to be the norm !

What singles out ThaiVisa members for preferential treatment when it comes to eductated Thai women from powerful influential families, why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??

Or do people on anonymous forums tell lies ? :)

ThaiVisa members are Judge , Jury and executioners so often, they seem to live totally different lives to the vast majority of expats I know and have known for over 20 years.

I have never met many Farangs that have no knowledge of the bar scene, have never paid for sex, are all married to professional independently wealthy Thai women 20 - 30 years their junior, yet on this forum it seems to be the norm !

What singles out ThaiVisa members for preferential treatment when it comes to eductated Thai women from powerful influential families, why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??

Or do people on anonymous forums tell lies ? :)

"why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??"

Its because they are soooo hansum and have good heart make Thai lady love them long time.