'No Thaksin Role' In Cabinet Reshuffle: Noppadon

webfact

How could he have a position if he can't come in the country? Seems like another waste of space article to me....................

The wonders of modern communications. Maybe a little catchup is required.

Did I miss something Why? its very possible im not the sharpest knife in the drawer.....

All in favour say......................AYE!!:rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhhh got it now, silly me heres me thinking you actually had to not only be born in a country but also reside in it to hold office..... who knew with technology like email and mobile phones (pure black magic in my book) those stipulations went out the window!! watch out Cameron im buying a phone today and i'm coming after yer job!!!

I assume that one of your first tasks when you get the job would be to get BiB to round up all the rascally Brits in Pattaya and send them home to sit on the green benches in the Palace of Westminster. We could have a competition then with the US about who has the most crooks representing the people.

Sounds like a plan my man! do I get yer vote? might leave walking street a bit empty....... but according to yesterdays story tourism is up so much it shouldn't matter.

How could he have a position if he can't come in the country? Seems like another waste of space article to me....................

He already has the position through his sister. Where have you been?

I take it you couldn't be bothered to read my second post? don't blame you its all the rantings of a mad man!!

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would have no role in any Cabinet reshuffle, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said.

He's never had anything to do with the Cabinet....

Thaksin Calls In To 'Instruct' Thai Cabinet

http://www.thaivisa....t-thai-cabinet/

Thai Cabinet Endorses Thaksin Amnesty Plan

http://www.thaivisa....y-plan-reports/

Cabinet Line-Up To Show Thaksin's Resolve

http://www.thaivisa....aksins-resolve/

Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai Ministers To Resign Party-List MPs

http://www.thaivisa....party-list-mps/

Interior Ministry Reshuffle Waiting On Thaksin

http://www.thaivisa....ing-on-thaksin/

Thai PM-Elect Yingluck Denies Thaksin Picking Cabinet

http://www.thaivisa....icking-cabinet/

Although Yingluck has lied before about insisting Thaksin had no input into the initial government cabinet (which everyone knew was a farcical untruth).........all they are saying here is that he will have no input into the reshuffle!!!!

I think he WILL have a big, big say and is only trying to bolster Yingluck's standing and authority by making out that she is the boss and is a capable prime minister who has picked the new cabinet on merit!!!!:lol:.

On this, surely EVERY cabinet SHOULD be picked on merit, or does that only apply after Thaksin's personal interests are sorted (what a shame that he was forced into handing over the reins to his sister before this could happen) in order to salvage whatever tiny respect Yingluck still maintains!!!:jap:

If there was one person who could out-perform Thaksin for lying chronically and consistently, it would be Noppadon.

If Noppadon says 'no Thaksin role' .....then you can bet your first-born that it's a lie.

Have you heard of the telephone or email?

Or Skype?

Yingluck first target for Cabinet reshuffle: Democrat

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should stand first in the line to be shuffled out of the Cabinet, Democrat MP Warong Dechgitvikrom said on Wednesday.

"The prime minister does not fit to serve due to lack of information since she has been delegating ministers to answer questions on her behalf," he said.

Warong said the government had no justification to cite the flood crisis as shield for its lack of achievements since assuming office in August.

He said he could not speculate on the extent of the Cabinet reshuffle because this would hinge on the job performance of each minister and the perception of the man who gave them the job.

He was making a veiled attack on former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra who reported played a decisive role in forming the government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-07

Could that be because she hasen´t a brain big enough to answer the questions her self?B)

The level of debt his government got the coutnry into and saddled it with for years swamped governments from the past. Even the military government didnt manage that and as most know Thaksin was redcuing debt.

We shouldnt mention the menaingless statements on the bomb sniffer box thing.

Quite a few people countrywide have him down as a Suchinda style character.

Usual corrupt goverment with nothing done inspite of the usual Dem style promise to be different.

Disappearing at a time of national crisis.

Investigations into certain things seen as white wash attempts internationally.

Choosing a cabinet that was largely seen as inept

The way the government was formed and what uit was linked to even though he had personally demanded elections only shortly before.

Mishandling the red shirts thing and then mishandling the subsequesnt investiagtion which links directly to the point above.

Squashing dems with alternative ideas

Police chief problem

Changing the constitution in a gerrymandering way and one that made vote buying easier according to just about every analyst

Kasit

Cambodia

Damaging Thailand's interantional standing

Etc.

I would say that is a pretty good description of inept and a portfolio that probably aided in the 100 seat loss to his main opponents to lead government. Lets see whether Yingluck can achieve a litany of such abhorence and see her party then lose by a 100 seat margin to the main opponent for government. I think it will take some doing

Well, if you want to make comparisons with Yingluck, i would say she has already ticked a lot of the above boxes... spending going up (if delivering populist promises), usual corrupt government, disappearing at time of national crisis, choosing inept cabinet.... as well as some new boxes, such as mismanaged, if managed at all, disaster relief, dodging questioning and passing responsibility, crying on TV... and this is only a few months in.

But i wouldn't call her utterly inept, uselss or discredited... well, not yet. She needs time to prove herself. And as for Abhisit, i think he did prove himself in many areas, those you choose to ignore. His term was of course dogged with continual violent disruption, masterminded by his opposition and with the intention of stopping him working - which allowed them to accuse him of not getting stuff done - and attempting to topple him. The way in which he worked through all this trouble - trouble that Yingluck will not be made to endure if she can simply refrain from whitewashing her brother, or blatantly bending the law in his favour - was in the most part extremely restrained and diplomatic, and i can't think of one other Thai politician who would have handled it any better - most would have handled it much worse.

The other achievement which few before Abhisit can claim to make, is he made it through his term with not a single personal accusation - at least not one with substance or that could stick - of in some way enriching himself or his family. Yes the Dems may be as dirty and as corrupt as the rest of them, but Abhisit set a new and fresh example of how it is possible to rise to the top, but remain clean - well as clean as you are ever going to get for a politician. Perhaps this didn't mean a lot to you. I think you have to start somewhere though, and having the leader of the country set an example is massive.

Perhaps Yingluck can follow this trend of cleanliness, in spite of her family. Would be nice.

Getting back to Abhisit, i think for you to right him and his term off so thoroughly and completely, as if all his positive contributions meant nothing, reflects less in the job he did and more in the sudden post election swing we have all witnessed in your political persuasions.

He had me going there for a while. I thought he had changed horses in the middle of the stream then I realized he was not talking about the PT just cherry picking things he did not like that if looked into would be justified. Or not. He has only looked at things through red colored glasses.

The level of debt his government got the coutnry into and saddled it with for years swamped governments from the past. Even the military government didnt manage that and as most know Thaksin was redcuing debt.

Usual corrupt goverment with nothing done inspite of the usual Dem style promise to be different.

The way the government was formed and what uit was linked to even though he had personally demanded elections only shortly before.

Mishandling the red shirts thing and then mishandling the subsequesnt investiagtion which links directly to the point above.

Police chief problem

Changing the constitution in a gerrymandering way and one that made vote buying easier according to just about every analyst

Kasit

Cambodia

Etc.

I would say that is a pretty good description of inept and a portfolio that probably aided in the 100 seat loss to his main opponents to lead government. Lets see whether Yingluck can achieve a litany of such abhorence and see her party then lose by a 100 seat margin to the main opponent for government. I think it will take some doing

Well, if you want to make comparisons with Yingluck, i would say she has already ticked a lot of the above boxes... spending going up (if delivering populist promises), usual corrupt government, disappearing at time of national crisis, choosing inept cabinet.... as well as some new boxes, such as mismanaged, if managed at all, disaster relief, dodging questioning and passing responsibility, crying on TV... and this is only a few months in.

But i wouldn't call her utterly inept, uselss or discredited... well, not yet. She needs time to prove herself. And as for Abhisit, i think he did prove himself in many areas, those you choose to ignore. His term was of course dogged with continual violent disruption, masterminded by his opposition and with the intention of stopping him working - which allowed them to accuse him of not getting stuff done - and attempting to topple him. The way in which he worked through all this trouble - trouble that Yingluck will not be made to endure if she can simply refrain from whitewashing her brother, or blatantly bending the law in his favour - was in the most part extremely restrained and diplomatic, and i can't think of one other Thai politician who would have handled it any better - most would have handled it much worse.

The other achievement which few before Abhisit can claim to make, is he made it through his term with not a single personal accusation - at least not one with substance or that could stick - of in some way enriching himself or his family. Yes the Dems may be as dirty and as corrupt as the rest of them, but Abhisit set a new and fresh example of how it is possible to rise to the top, but remain clean - well as clean as you are ever going to get for a politician. Perhaps this didn't mean a lot to you. I think you have to start somewhere though, and having the leader of the country set an example is massive.

Perhaps Yingluck can follow this trend of cleanliness, in spite of her family. Would be nice.

Getting back to Abhisit, i think for you to right him and his term off so thoroughly and completely, as if all his positive contributions meant nothing, reflects less in the job he did and more in the sudden post election swing we have all witnessed in your political persuasions.

with no shortage of polar opposite descriptions of the Abhisit administration available for viewing with simple searches of a few months ago

Edited by Buchholz

I take it you couldn't be bothered to read my second post? don't blame you its all the rantings of a mad man!!

..Or third,fourth,fifth or sixth.

Think you got enough egg on your face with your first post.

..Or third,fourth,fifth or sixth.

Think you got enough egg on your face with your first post.

Who took the jam outa your doughnut????

anyone with an I.Q above a goldfish would know that if you don't reside in a country it would be impossible to hold a position of office was my point. As plan A (kings pardon) FAILED. and then plan B. (getting passport back) failed then it would be obvious to anyone who bothered to use their tiny grey matter he couldn't possible hold a position of office for a country he doesn't and cannot reside in. hope thats cleared it up for the simple minded.......

anyone with an I.Q above a goldfish would know that if you don't reside in a country it would be impossible to hold a position of office was my point. As plan A (kings pardon) FAILED. and then plan B. (getting passport back) failed then it would be obvious to anyone who bothered to use their tiny grey matter he couldn't possible hold a position of office for a country he doesn't and cannot reside in. hope thats cleared it up for the simple minded.......

Since when has Plan B (getting passport back) failed?

Since when has Plan B (getting passport back) failed?

was supposed to say failing sorry. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/517349-returning-thaksins-passport-would-be-illegal/

So Thaksin is having nothing to do with picking the new Cabinet?

Is that why he called PTP MPs to Hong Kong then?

Oh! sorry, it was just to advise them,due to his vast experience! :whistling:

And he doesn't need a position in the Party...........

He owns it.:D

Methinks you remain confused Sir. Point of article was that Thaksin

would have "no role" to play in choosing cabinet members in a reshuffle,

not that he would be given a role or position in the cabinet.

Methinks you remain confused Sir. Point of article was that Thaksin

would have "no role" to play in choosing cabinet members in a reshuffle,

not that he would be given a role or position in the cabinet.

100% correct Dick I stand corrected, sorry.

Nobody listens to what the Democrats say excepting the converted. Still they have amusement value in their utter inability to understand how the country os changing, their utter inability to wion elections, their delusional attempts to think they can win an election without ever changing, their inability to be economically serious, and seeing no need to change a leader proven utterly inept while in office and who remains totally discredited and hated across much of the country.

While the oppositions job is to critiicse government, it is also to offer a credible and electable alternative and it is here that the democrats are letting the entire country down by pandering to outmoded concepts that the people repeatedly reject. If they want to do the country a service, while knocking goevrenment they should look to their own failaings and change rather than delusionally thinking the coutnry will change back to the way they want them. Short of this the Democrats will be repeatedly rejected at the ballot box enabling the veryu one party system they fear to have a better chanc eof taking root. A good start would be to remove their useless leader and pick someone more acceptable to people across the poltical divide. As PTP have shown, you can change leader sfairly easily and still win elections.

Can you actually make a case citing examples, for the utterly inept, totally discredited, hated and useless comments you direct at Abhisit, without simply resorting to, well he got comprehensively beaten, so therefore he must have been all those things?

Yes the man failed miserably in terms of getting re-elected, no question, but that was not necessarily a barometer of how he did whilst in charge, it could as easily be a barometer of who people preferred to take them forward.

Police chief problem

Kasit

Cambodia

Etc.

I thought the Debate was about a Cabinet Reshuffle! but we can always rely on Hammered to go on the defensive and start blaming the Democrats,just to take the heat away from Thaksins mob the PTP.

Keep it up Hammered you are fooling nobody!

Nobody listens to what the Democrats say excepting the converted. Still they have amusement value in their utter inability to understand how the country os changing, their utter inability to wion elections, their delusional attempts to think they can win an election without ever changing, their inability to be economically serious, and seeing no need to change a leader proven utterly inept while in office and who remains totally discredited and hated across much of the country.

While the oppositions job is to critiicse government, it is also to offer a credible and electable alternative and it is here that the democrats are letting the entire country down by pandering to outmoded concepts that the people repeatedly reject. If they want to do the country a service, while knocking goevrenment they should look to their own failaings and change rather than delusionally thinking the coutnry will change back to the way they want them. Short of this the Democrats will be repeatedly rejected at the ballot box enabling the veryu one party system they fear to have a better chanc eof taking root. A good start would be to remove their useless leader and pick someone more acceptable to people across the poltical divide. As PTP have shown, you can change leader sfairly easily and still win elections.

Can you actually make a case citing examples, for the utterly inept, totally discredited, hated and useless comments you direct at Abhisit, without simply resorting to, well he got comprehensively beaten, so therefore he must have been all those things?

Yes the man failed miserably in terms of getting re-elected, no question, but that was not necessarily a barometer of how he did whilst in charge, it could as easily be a barometer of who people preferred to take them forward.

Police chief problem

Kasit

Cambodia

Etc.

I thought the Debate was about a Cabinet Reshuffle! but we can always rely on Hammered to go on the defensive and start blaming the Democrats,just to take the heat away from Thaksins mob the PTP.

Keep it up Hammered you are fooling nobody!

Funny how Khun Korn won several highly recognized international awards for his economic polices and for guiding Thailand well through an international economic crisis.

Yingluck first target for Cabinet reshuffle: Democrat

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should stand first in the line to be shuffled out of the Cabinet, Democrat MP Warong Dechgitvikrom said on Wednesday.

"The prime minister does not fit to serve due to lack of information since she has been delegating ministers to answer questions on her behalf," he said.

Warong said the government had no justification to cite the flood crisis as shield for its lack of achievements since assuming office in August.

He said he could not speculate on the extent of the Cabinet reshuffle because this would hinge on the job performance of each minister and the perception of the man who gave them the job.

He was making a veiled attack on former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra who reported played a decisive role in forming the government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-07

I like your last sentence- 'PTP have changed leader often and still win elections'. There has never been a 'leader' of

PTP since Thaksin- Samak, Somchai, Yingluk- all clones or stand-ins for Thaksin.

The fact is if Thaksin was not around tomorrow PTP would collapse like a house of cards. Look at the Ministry of Transport- at each other's throats, Thaksin's minion, retired Police General Chat, Deputy Minister, flew to Dubai to complain to his boss about the Minister.

'Boss, please help out with your old style nepotism'.............

The 'mass movement' of red shirts- they are nothing without Thaksin's money, just a diverse collection of leaders with vested interests, all pandering to Thaksin because they know the vast majority of their support base love Thaksin because of his populist policies.

The Democrats with their middle-class support base are far more discerning, their executive members have to prove themselves to be elected, unlike Yingluk who runs away from any difficult questions, Apisit can answer almost any question posed to him. The quality of the Democrats' shadow cabinet is far superior to Pheua Thai in both knowledge and expertise.

Until Thaksin is no longer part of Thai politics there will be no genuine progress or advancement of democracy, he is a serious obstruction and obstacle.

......it would be obvious to anyone who bothered to use their tiny grey matter he couldn't possible hold a position of office for a country he doesn't and cannot reside in.

perhaps true, though there are some gray areas. Example: Ayotolla Khomeini (sp?) was living in exile in France when the Iran imploded and the Shah and his family got kicked out. For months prior, the Ayotolla had been formenting dissent in Iran - big time. He came back in triumph. Months later, the US embassy was sacked and its staff taken hostage. Then they went to war with Iraq. The rest is dark history.

Thaksin doesn't need to officially hold office, he essentially controls major upper level decisions in Thailand as it is, including this upcoming cabinet re-shuffle - despite bleatings by his paid lawyer to the contrary. This is how I see things unfolding: For starters, Yingluck is probably already tired of being PM. She doesn't much care to show up at meetings, and she seems relieved to delegate decisions to others - often. Thaksin will return. No one will dare arrest him. The Yellows will protest. The Reds will rejoice. Lo and behold, either Chalerm or Thaksin will be sitting in the PM's seat in a year's time.

I can't think of a more devisive force (for the Thai people) than Thaksin. He should have stuck with his repeated pledges of 7 years ago, and quit politics.

P.S. Actually Jutapon and Arisman are nearly as devisive, but they're not quite rich enough to have as much negative influence on Thailand as their guru.

Edited by maidu

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would have no role in any Cabinet reshuffle, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said.

Sure, of course not, he's a criminal in self-exile, why would he even figure in?

Any particular reason you brought this up?

Who will be the lucky ones?

[email protected] December 8, 2011 1:00 am

The sign that the Yingluck Shinawatra government is heading for a Cabinet reshuffle has become clearer after "The Big Boss" - former premier Thaksin Shinawatra - signalled from Hong Kong that "The Cabinnet reshuffle will take place after the New Year. No need to wait until May when the political ban on 111 [former Thai Rak Thai Party executives] ends."

Thaksin has already settled conflicts with coalition partners, including Chart Thai Pattana's de-facto leader Banharn Silapa-archa relating to Agriculture Minister Theera Wongsamut, and Ruam Chart Pattana's Suwat Liptapanlop related to Industry Minister Wannarat Charnnukul.

As always, factions in the Pheu Thai Party have been meeting Thaksin to seek favour, and spread rumours through the media.

Those who expect some ministerial posts, and some who have been "promised" positions when the three-month reshuffle cycle comes, work especially hard.

"Rumours about a Cabinet reshuffle were spread earlier, before the no-confidence debate against Justice Miister Pracha Promnok who was the director of the Flood Relief Operations Centre on November 27, saying Thaksin was very angry with the Cabinet for not helping the premier and letting her work alone. While she felt disheartened, Thaksin asked her to stay in the position and promised he would take care of the reshuffle. It was agreed that many ministers' performance is not satisfying," a source, who asked not to be named, said.

However, after the debate, the reshuffle news was muffled amid speculation that it would wait until the suspended 111 former Thai Rak Thai executives are freed from their political ban.

"But I still believe that each time the report of a reshuffle is spread, it means the Big Boss wants to shake up Cabinet members, especially from the Pheu Thai Party, to do their job," a key Pheu Thai member said.

Ministers from Pheu Thai who are the targets this time include the Social Development and Human Security minister and PM's Office ministers. Other ministries targeted are also under Pheu Thai, including Education Ministry and Transport Ministry, whose deputy ministers flew to Hong Kong many times to complain to Thaksin that the minister had "monopolised power". Deputy Transport Minister Kittisakdi Hathasongkroh also flew to see Thaksin this time. The ministers later joined a press conference rebutting the reports of conflict.

Education Minister Worawat Auapinyakul might have made a name according to the party's policies, but his two deputies Boonreun Srithares and Surapong Ueng-ampornvilai remain unrecognised and have no achievement to show the public.

No worries for Pracha and Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit who, despite no clear achievement, have been taking the blame for Yingluck and stood beside her many times.

Defence Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapha is also very strong and irreplaceable due to his connections with the military and Privy Council president General Prem Tinsulanond who has been seen as opposed to Thaksin.

Any minister removed this time will face double jeopardy as he will lose both ministerial and MP seats. Most of the Cabinet members had resigned as MP to pave the way for Pheu Thai party-list MP candidates to get the MP posts.

Looking at the other side, many people in Pheu Thai Party are excited to get the ministerial seats.

Wattana Muangsuk is one of them. He was earlier a justice minister candidate before Pracha took the seat. In and outside the House, he is still secretly working on reconciliation.

Meanwhile, party secretary-general Jarupong Ruangsuwan was a candidate for labour minister before Phadermchai Sasomsap got the seat according to the quota of MPs from the Central.

Jarupong made his name when he mended the rifts between the government and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration on solving flood problems.

"Following reports of a Cabinet reshuffle plan, all factions in Pheu Thai will unavoidably do everything to get the seats. This might be a minor reshuffle for the Yingluck government. But the major reshuffle expected in May would be for the members of the House No 111 who are the "real players". Missing this chance could mean missing the seat forever," a key Pheu Thai member, who asked not to be named, said.

All eyes are now on Thaksin's decision as to who will be the lucky ones this time.nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-08

Police chief problem

Kasit

Cambodia

Etc.

You should finish your posts with "Boom boom" - it will give the reader the cue that you are joking.

The wonders of modern communications. Maybe a little catchup is required.

Did I miss something Why? its very possible im not the sharpest knife in the drawer.....

All in favour say......................AYE!!:rolleyes:

Aye, The light is on but no one is home.

The elevator dosen´t go all the way up.

He dosen´t have all the horses in the stable.

Imagine if Thailand had a Cabinet composed of people who were actually well-suited for the job in terms of skills, intelligence, and knowledge pertaining to prospective positions.

Imagine if the selection process had nothing to do with the social hierchy of a candidate's family, the size of his/her purse, nor the chummy connection between candidates and the person selecting (in this case, Mr. Thaksin).

Ok, pardon me for dreaming. I just woke up and realized, this is Thailand, and such concepts are impossible.

Sure, of course not, he's a criminal in self-exile, why would he even figure in?

Today's Bangkok Post mentions that former Thai Rak Thai executives and Pheu Thai MP's have flown to Singapore to meet Thaksin today to discuss the reshuffle.

Today's Bangkok Post mentions that former Thai Rak Thai executives and Pheu Thai MP's have flown to Singapore to meet Thaksin today to discuss the reshuffle.

Disgusting, yet not surprising, to read her sister, porker banned from politics Yaowapa, was the first to arrive at the Pheu Thai Party Politics in Singapore Symposium cum Shinawatra Family Reunion.

Edited by Buchholz