Re-Entering As Tourist After Non-B Expires

I know that I've come across several similar threads over the years, but I'm not sure if any of the situations exactly match mine (or if the info is accurate), so I'm hoping someone might have experience with my question.

I've been working in Thailand for quite awhile, so I have a visa (or is it an extension?) stamped into my passport every year. I also have a work permit, as I've been working here ever since I arrived. The current visa extension & multiple re-entry permit in my passport expire April 30th of this year. That's fine, because I am quitting my job in mid-April and plan to leave Thailand to relocate to another country.

I want to travel before I leave, though. If I leave the country towards the end of April and then try to re-enter in early May, I can just enter as a tourist, even after several years of non-immigrant visas, right? I'd only need a week or so to gather up my belongings and leave Thailand for good. If I re-enter by land I can get a 15 day tourist visa, or a 30 day tourist visa if I enter by air, correct?

I've read about people being denied back-to-back visas, but that wouldn't apply in my case? Hopefully? :rolleyes: Thanks.

You should not have a problem getting a visa or visa exempt entry but be aware your current extension of stay must be canceled on the day your employment ends. You can then depart/return or obtain a 7 day packout period for normal 1,900 bath extension fee.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure that my job considers me to be "employed" for the entire month, even though I wouldn't actually be working the last week or two. I think that's how they've always done it to help people out. I'll ask.