Why Do People That Don'T Seem To Like The Way Phuket Is, Stay Here?

Jimi007

Since many people on this forum seem to think that Thais are out to scam them, they don't like the way people drive and other assorted reasons that many on this forum like to bash the place they chose to live, why don't you get over it and adapt or leave? What are your positives here? Why is there so much negativity? I am happy! Why aren't you?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim...

we are all happy here but just voiceing our opinions about how too make it better??

There is nothing you dislike about Phuket ??

or you just not want too express yourself on here??

up too you caap

:blink:

I have found being a bit positive in your outlook makes life better. You and I are not going to change anything by whinging on this forum, but many seem to almost live for it. Are people really that bored with their life? Unfortunately it seems to be so, for many of the regular respondents on this forum these days... Life is short! Enjoy it while you can...

So, are you bitching or moaning about people moaning and bitching? Or moaning and bitching about people bitching or moaning? :whistling:

Typical response... Up to you... It's your life. You can decide whether to be a miserable bitch and moan or not... And I don't need a smug emoticon at the end to say it....

Edited by Jimi007

You are quite right Jimi but you are barking up the wrong tree.

The percentage of people who live in Phuket that don't seem to like it, or their lives very much is tiny. The percentage of that tiny percentage that spend huge amounts of time moaning on forums is huge.

It's the users of forums that you need to be analysing not the general Farang populace of Phuket. The former is a tiny percentage of the latter.

How many members of this forum have kids? How many of those send their kids to PIA or BI school? How many of them have half million pound boats in Phuket marina? How many of them live in 20/30/40 million baht houses?

I know some do but the vast majority don't. Yet there's thousands of those people I just described that live happily every day in Phuket they're just way too busy to come on a forum and argue that 'Rawai is so much better than anywhere else cos I live there' with complete strangers.

I'm not saying only rich people are happy in Phuket, I'm poor and I'm happy, I'm just saying that the bufoons that frequent forums can not be used as a cross section of every day residents of phuket, because quite simply the vast majority of people are just having way too much fun to be anywhere near a forum.

This sounds like yet another excuse, for yet another, Go Home Thread.

Or roughly translated if you don't like being scammed,or have legitimate complaints,

then don't discuss it,keep your mouth shut and "Go Home"

Edited by MAJIC

This sounds like yet another excuse for yet another Go Home Thread.

Or roughly translated if you don't like being scammed,or have legitimate complaints,

Your translation, not mine... I asked: "What are your positives here? Why is there so much negativity? I am happy! Why aren't you?" And I will refrain from responding to the negativity of your comment...

The percentage of people who live in Phuket that don't seem to like it, or their lives very much is tiny. The percentage of that tiny percentage that spend huge amounts of time moaning on forums is huge.

It's the users of forums that you need to be analysing not the general Farang populace of Phuket. The former is a tiny percentage of the latter.

How many members of this forum have kids? How many of those send their kids to PIA or BI school? How many of them have half million pound boats in Phuket marina? How many of them live in 20/30/40 million baht houses?

I know some do but the vast majority don't. Yet there's thousands of those people I just described that live happily every day in Phuket they're just way too busy to come on a forum and argue that 'Rawai is so much better than anywhere else cos I live there' with complete strangers.

I'm not saying only rich people are happy in Phuket, I'm poor and I'm happy, I'm just saying that the bufoons that frequent forums can not be used as a cross section of every day residents of phuket, because quite simply the vast majority of people are just having way too much fun to be anywhere near a forum.

:ph34r:;)

This sounds like yet another excuse for yet another Go Home Thread.

Your translation, not mine... I asked: "What are your positives here? Why is there so much negativity? I am happy! Why aren't you?" And I will refrain from responding to the negativity of your comment...

My Positives are: Thailand is for the most part,a wonderful Country to live in,but one must understand,there is no place on the Planet that is a perfect Paradise,and there will always be grievances,and things that could be improved on,and everyone should be allowed to air their views,good,bad,or indifferent.

Don't take it personal because everyone is different,and relate to Thailand and find it acceptable on a different level than yours,with some of their own personal provisos,thrown in,and their criteria of judging happiness,may also be different to yours (or mine)

Good Luck with your thread,and I hope you find some answers!

Edited by MAJIC

My Positives are: Thailand is for the most part,a wonderful Country to live in,but one must understand,there is no place on the Planet that is a perfect Paradise,and there will always be grievances,and things that could be improved on,and everyone should be allowed to air their views,good,bad,or indifferent.

Don't take it personal because everyone is different,and relate to Thailand and find it acceptable on a different level than yours,with some of their own personal provisos,thrown in,and their criterea of judging happiness,may also be different to yours (or mine)

Good Luck with your thread,and I hope you find some answers!

I really don't NEED answers. As I stated I am happy. But it would be nice if others who are happy could make positive comments. I'm sure I am not the only one sick of all the bashing that goes on...

Even the kon thai dont seem to like it. My wife has many many friends there and all seem to be unhappy and move and moved and plan to move as soon as possible, unless you can make money on the falangs, then that is your paradise :lol:

The weather is lovely, Thai people are lovely, everything is within easy reach, it is so cheap to live here, love driving here, my gf and daughter are lovely, sometimes the dogs pee me off, can't say I have ever been scammed apart from the odd baht here and there, as far as I am concerned there are no negatives, I met a guy yesterday he was scammed by his friend for a lot of money it happens all over the world. playing with the mentally challenged on here now and then is fun so for me Phuket gets the big

:Thaiflag: Do I wish I was rich, yes, do I wish I lived in a 20 million bht house, yes do I wish I had a very expensive car, yes, do I wish I had multiple golf memberships, no, I am not stupid enough to pay the ridiculous green fee's here, instead I travel to Tablamu and play a great course for a fraction of the cost here,I have none of the above but I am a happy bunny! :D

Edited by kenny999

Even the kon thai dont seem to like it. My wife has many many friends there and all seem to be unhappy and move and moved and plan to move as soon as possible, unless you can make money on the falangs, then that is your paradise :lol:

If your wifes friends are not happy maybe they could try living in the UK, they will then find out what unhappiness truly is!!!

So, are you bitching or moaning about people moaning and bitching? Or moaning and bitching about people bitching or moaning? :whistling:

Typical response... Up to you... It's your life. You can decide whether to be a miserable bitch and moan or not... And I don't need a smug emoticon at the end to say it....

Sorry about the smugness. Perhaps you could use a high colonic?:whistling: :whistling:

post-123755-0-41791200-1323389333_thumb.

Very accurate IMO. Most foreigners that I know love living in Thailand. It is only on Internet forums that you get all these Bitter Barrys that never stop whinging.

It doesn’t matter where you live in the world there is always something which is not perfect.

I live here now for more then 22 years and still loving it.

Off-course i make myself something angry about something this would be the same as anywhere in the world.

Agree with you Jimi, I'm also wondering the same sometimes. Seems to be human nature to complain though, especially here.

I also think MickyJames is right, and the vast, vast majority of people living in Thailand and Phuket is happy living there, one just doesn't hear them.

:ph34r:;)

IMHO a very good post

I had never been on ThaiVisa until 2009. Parts of my life was boring at that time, divorce and shit.

My life is great again, in Phuket, but now I have become addicted to TV. Only way to get away from it is to travel :) Time for a trip again :D

and most posters at ThaiVisa really isnt representative for the expat population in Phuket. Bunch of moaners B)

Jim. Two of my acquaintances’ on this island is very wealthy, Not only after my middleclass standards but I believe top 5 if not top on the island and both have as much wealth abroad as here. One is Thai and one is Foreigner. You should listen to what they have to say about traffic, crime, overdevelopment and the future of the environment here and you will be mildly said surprised and no I don’t think you would ask them why they stay!

Remember the saying ; he who is silent is taken to agree

People bitch about Phuket because they have problems with money, girlfriends, work,and especially with themselves. They blame everything on the island instead of themselves. Why do most people most people stay? I think because they have tried hard to make a good life for themselves, but something personal along the way didn't work out. They probably have wasted all their cash and don't want to start over again back home.

This makes them bitch and moan instead of realizing for themselves that the main problem is staring them straight in the mirror.

People need to realize they cannot run away from themselves. Be happy or be miserable. "Up to you"

I personally have enough on my plate to keep me from bitching about where I live for all things.

If people bitch about Phuket, the chances of them doing the same thing back home are pretty high.

I also think one of the main reasons people are always bitching and moaning is because of boredom.

Boredom and 45BHT drafts do not mix well.

Jim...

we are all happy here but just voiceing our opinions about how too make it better??

There is nothing you dislike about Phuket ??

or you just not want too express yourself on here??

up too you caap

:blink:

Life is short! Enjoy it while you can...

Life is the longest thing you can do :) although it could be short if you live in Phuket :unsure:

Jim. Two of my acquaintances' on this island is very wealthy, Not only after my middleclass standards but I believe top 5 if not top on the island and both have as much wealth abroad as here. One is Thai and one is Foreigner. You should listen to what they have to say about traffic, crime, overdevelopment and the future of the environment here and you will be mildly said surprised and no I don't think you would ask them why they stay!

Remember the saying ; he who is silent is taken to agree

I agree that traffic and over development has taken it's toll on Phuket. It was nicer when I first moved here. But not that much has changed in my world. I have the same neighbors and it's pretty quiet. The loudest thing I hear usually are all the birds. I still have a house full of my stuff in a nice area of California (Monterrey Bay) and I go there about once a year. I sometimes consider moving back there and I may for a while... They have laws there that make it hard to over develop, so it's still is a lot like the place I moved to back in the 1970s. Heck, I still own the house I grew up in Southern California near the beach for that matter. So maybe that is why I posted the question. I am generally happy. A place doesn't make me happy. Things can and do piss me off where ever I live, it's part of life. But constantly bitching doesn't seem to improve it!

Utopia doesn't exist.

Nothing, no one or no place is perfect.

We choose to live on Phuket because it's a hell of a lot better than where we came from for a variety of reasons. Slightly different reasons for everyone.

To complain about things that put us in physical danger or just annoy us is normal human behaviour. To pretend there are no problems in your enviroment is just plain silly.

This social network forum is the perfect place to air your grievances and discuss the problems with others hopefully with the aim of improving things.

The pro radicals, with their heads in the sand pretending it's a perfect world (Island), and who want to abuse people who air their annoyances, are just as bad as the anti radicals who want to use every little complaint expressed to proclaim Phuket to be the worst place on the planet.

I don't know what the latters' agendas are about, but wish they would go back to scunthorpe or whereever and continue their miserable little lives without internet access.

OC

This sounds like yet another excuse, for yet another, Go Home Thread.

If you repeatedly get scammed in any country any where then in my opinion you are a chump...probably best for those people to go home and have their mothers look after them.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chump