Bangkok's Patpong Is Losing Its Sex Appeal

webfact

I've lived in Phuket for over 10 years now and never been ripped off once, (common sense keeps you safe), i used to travel back to the uk quite regularly in the early days and always broke up the journey with a night or two in bkk, had some gr8 fun nights in patpong (Safari, Topless and most of the ground level bars) and never been ripped off there either, just ignore the tw@ts, sorry touts and you can have a good time in any of the bar areas of thailand as long as you are mindful of where you are and who you are mixing with!.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The night market has done the area a service then with less patronage for the 'girlie' bars. I suppose I've been to Bangkok 30+ times frequently transiting for a few days and it's never occurred to me to visit Patpong, just as I've never been to Phypuket or Pattaya. I enjoy Thailand for the beautiful architecture, food, and diversity of the culture.

And I read Playboy for the interviews!

:giggle:

been to Thailand 10 or so times, never fuc_ked a whore. Am I to understand that you believe that there's something wrong with people who are still in possession of sufficient social skills that they aren't reduced to paying someone half their age to touch their cock?

Are you suggesting that everybody who "f@cks whores" has no sufficient social skills?

Ooooooooh....the arrogance......

It will be a great day when the headlines read "Thailand is losing it's sex appeal" The country will have a whole new image and attract a better class of tourist. It can unchain itself from this huge rock that it holding it back and move forward as a great family destination..

It is a great family destination. Patpong does not cover 99 percent of the entire country, more like 0.0000000001 percent. There are many many places to visit for "families" (meaning having "children" I presume?) Can't have the kids see a sexy lady and maybe figure out what mommy and daddy did together to make said kids :o ooooh, nasty! Real people don't do that! The world is overpopulated because evil scientists keep cloning more people. If ALL of Thailand is such an UnFamilyFriendly place, then "that" type of family is free to go elsewhere :lol:

A hot spot for the sex trade?

" "It was a "must see" part of the Bangkok culture for visitors to Thailand." <deleted>........

The seady side of Thailand is a must see for visitors...... Isn't prostitution ilegal in Thailand? This article seems to be promoting the ilegal activity. Come to Thailand and visit our bargirls. Nope I think the Dancing man option is a better idea promoting the real cultural heart of Thailand.

If your heart wants you to dance with men, thats your choice. This is Thailand so "up to you.":lol:

I think he means Dancing Matt (Youtube) the new thai tourism campaign.........

It will be a great day when the headlines read "Thailand is losing it's sex appeal" The country will have a whole new image and attract a better class of tourist. It can unchain itself from this huge rock that it holding it back and move forward as a great family destination..

It is a great family destination. Patpong does not cover 99 percent of the entire country, more like 0.0000000001 percent. There are many many places to visit for "families" (meaning having "children" I presume?) Can't have the kids see a sexy lady and maybe figure out what mommy and daddy did together to make said kids :o ooooh, nasty! Real people don't do that! The world is overpopulated because evil scientists keep cloning more people. If ALL of Thailand is such an UnFamilyFriendly place, then "that" type of family is free to go elsewhere :lol:

I agree with you the bars and brothels and seedy dark back alleys where these types of people thrive is no place to take children.

Are you suggesting that everybody who "f@cks whores" has no sufficient social skills?

Ooooooooh....the arrogance......

No, of course not. But also, someone who comes to Thailand in order to pay women for sex is on shaky moral high ground when criticising other people who come to Thailand for different reasons.