PM Yingluck Denies Meeting Thaksin In Singapore

webfact

Anything wrong with a sister meeting her brother if they happen to be in the same country? would like to think my sister would bother if she came to Thailand, what difference would it make? its not like they don't speak on the phone regularly is it!

Her brother is a wanted man on the run, and she is a Prime Minister of the country supposedly tasked from bringing him in.

Big difference mate, bloody huge one.

Not really not in my book, bloods thicker than water.

So nepotism is okay I guess just as long as you aren't the one being dudded over by it...

You have to try and see it from her point of view, clearly she thinks his conviction is unjust otherwise she wouldn't have bothered with this whole pm charade and if she thinks its unjust then why wouldn't she see him. Anyway this wasn't the real point of my post the point was how would meeting him face to face differ than the numerous weekly phone calls she clearly takes from him make?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything wrong with a sister meeting her brother if they happen to be in the same country? would like to think my sister would bother if she came to Thailand, what difference would it make? its not like they don't speak on the phone regularly is it!

It's good to read that at least one or two members have something sensible and decent to say about Yingluck. I'd love to know what she has really done wrong!!!!!! perhaps somebody could enlighten me!!! She's only been in office a short time and I'm sure most of the stuff she did during the flood crisis was on advice from 'experts' so if anybody got it wrong it was them. And as for experience in office, wow all the western leaders are really kicking butt out there - UK pound nearly 1/2 what it was a few years back, US brought to it's knees by a giant Ponzi scheme, EU breaking up because people spending more than they have, So all the people mouthing off about Yingluck might be best served by bogging off back to their own countries and slag off your own politicians.

Edited by sysardman

It's good to read that at least one or two members have something sensible and decent to say about Yingluck. I'd love to know what she has really done wrong!!!!!! perhaps somebody could enlighten me!!! She's only been in office a short time and I'm sure most of the stuff she did during the flood crisis was on advice from 'experts' so if anybody got it wrong it was them. And as for experience in office, wow all the western leaders are really kicking butt out there - UK pound nearly 1/2 what it was a few years back, US brought to it's knees by a giant Ponzi scheme, EU breaking up because people spending more than they have, So all the people mouthing off about Yingluck might be best served by bogging off back to their own countries and slag off your own politicians.

Something sensible and me don't often get said in the same sentence, thanks for that pal! God help the brothers or sisters of these posters who wouldn't stand behind their own in times of trouble, if you can't count on family who can you count on...........

I can't fathom this stupid hatred for the PM. What is this "experience" that she has supposedly not had??

Experience in what, for fksks?

If you look around you at all the "experienced" world leaders what do we fkn find? That Putin was head of the KGB (Ok, I grant that was some experience), or the PM of Italy is a stooge of Goldman Sachs (ditto the new PM of Greece)....not a single moment's "experience" among them. Or the Republicans were about to push forward a guy, Herman Cain, whose only experience appeared to be in taking his trousers off three times a day after meals. Very able guy.

Shall we go on?

What experience of actual government did Tony Bliar have before he got into a position to ruin the UK? (Ditto G. Brown).

So, why this stupid sneering at a woman who has had at least as much "experience" in business as some of these a**h*les the world so admires. Leave her alone. It's so boring. Predictable. Have another beer.

Would the present PM be PM if not for her name ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ;)

I can't fathom this stupid hatred for the PM. What is this "experience" that she has supposedly not had??

If you look around you at all the "experienced" world leaders what do we fkn find? That Putin was head of the KGB (Ok, I grant that was some experience), or the PM of Italy is a stooge of Goldman Sachs (ditto the new PM of Greece)....not a single moment's "experience" among them. Or the Republicans were about to push forward a guy, Herman Cain, whose only experience appeared to be in taking his trousers off three times a day after meals. Very able guy.

Shall we go on?

What experience of actual government did Tony Bliar have before he got into a position to ruin the UK? (Ditto G. Brown).

So, why this stupid sneering at a woman who has had at least as much "experience" in business as some of these a**h*les the world so admires. Leave her alone. It's so boring. Predictable. Have another beer.

But she was elected by the people of Thailand

Shall we go on?

But she was elected by the people of Thailand

:lol:

Something sensible and me don't often get said in the same sentence, thanks for that pal! God help the brothers or sisters of these posters who wouldn't stand behind their own in times of trouble, if you can't count on family who can you count on...........

The whole point being if she met him why does she deny it ???????????????? something to hide ? guilty feeling ? must be something wrong with it or why not a clean open book. posters that must have read about-the promises, the helicopter excuse, the illness to avoid a meeting, and a host of other lies. why do posters think that the sun shines out of ]]] ]]]] when all this charade is taking place----truthful about this government some posters feel they shouldn't be.

Shall we go on?

Trust a welshman..!

The whole point being if she met him why does she deny it ???????????????? something to hide ? guilty feeling ? must be something wrong with it or why not a clean open book. posters that must have read about-the promises, the helicopter excuse, the illness to avoid a meeting, and a host of other lies. why do posters think that the sun shines out of ]]] ]]]] when all this charade is taking place----truthful about this government some posters feel they shouldn't be.

So where is your proof (or that of the OP come to that) that she did meet him? She denied she met him because she was asked whether she met him according to "reports" and she hadn't. End of, no conspiracy here. Most of these stories coming out from the Nation, and its ilk, of denials are because they ask questions about things she didn't say/do/imply etc so she replies in the negative, what is so suprising? They might as well have asked did she meet Elvis in Singapore and when she denied it make a story out of it. Though some on here would probably still say she was lying.

I would have thought the answer might be something quite simple, maybe there is some kind of legal issue with meeting him...... But that wouldn't stop me standing behind my brother or sister either but I may also avoid admitting it if it were going to pose legal issues for the pair off us.

but this is just speculation

What difference does it make if she met HER BROTHER or not? Move on people.

Because he is a criminal fugitive and if she was doing her job, she should be arresting him, not having a cup of tea with him while taking marching orders. Duh.

Edited by Jingthing

<br>I can't fathom this stupid hatred for the PM. What is this "experience" that she has supposedly not had??<br><br> Experience in what, for fksks? <br><br> If you  look around you at all the "experienced" world leaders what do we fkn find?  That Putin was head of the KGB (Ok, I grant that was some experience), or the PM of Italy is a stooge of Goldman Sachs (ditto the new PM of Greece)....not a single moment's "experience" among them.  Or the Republicans were about to push forward a guy, Herman Cain, whose only experience appeared to be in taking his trousers off three times a day after meals. Very able guy.<br><br>Shall we go on?  <br><br>What experience of actual government did Tony Bliar have before he got into a position to  ruin the UK?  (Ditto G. Brown).<br><br>So, why this stupid sneering at a woman who has had at least as much "experience" in business as some of these a**h*les the world so admires.  Leave her alone. It's so boring.  Predictable.  Have another beer.<br>
<br><br>

Personally from the tone of your letter I think you have had enough. They are talking about her political experience You know a big ZERO not her business experience which might not stand up under close scrutinazation.":)"

Edited by hellodolly

Well you are rite on that. Except he is a fugitive running from justice in Thailand and if they met she should have been trying to put handcuffs on him. Just another case of failing down in the carrying out of her duties. Add it to her list of broken promises.

She has accomplished a lot in four months.

1 released water from dams in the monsoon season further adding to the problems

2 built levees designed to hold the water back from a speedy exit into the sea. Thereby causing many to leave their homers because the water was being held there rather than allowed to obey the law of gravity.

3 reneged on most every promise she made during the election.

Well done Yingluck :jap:

Guess she met big Bro' before meeting the Singaporean President.... someone must have handed her her lines, to prevent her being "overcome" with embarrassment from any potential faux pas.

she probably held her tears back ,

until her brovers official return , then even more flood water :rolleyes:

let the cameras roll, a thai movie in the making .

:jap:

Well you are rite on that. Except he is a fugitive running from justice in Thailand and if they met she should have been trying to put handcuffs on him. Just another case of failing down in the carrying out of her duties. Add it to her list of broken promises.

2 built levees designed to hold the water back from a speedy exit into the sea. Thereby causing many to leave their homers because the water was being held there rather than allowed to obey the law of gravity.

I try to avoid politics as in my opinion 1 lying dirtbag is the same as another and it seems kinda pointless to me to get upset about something I can't vote to change anyhow. It just struck me as strange that an article was needed to state the obvious that A brother and sister may or maynot have met (depending on what source you take) when they were in the same country. Good on her for her family loyalty is my opinion she has gone the extra mile for her brother and she impresses me for that and that alone.

I try to avoid politics as in my opinion 1 lying dirtbag is the same as another and it seems kinda pointless to me to get upset about something I can't vote to change anyhow. It just struck me as strange that an article was needed to state the obvious that A brother and sister may or maynot have met (depending on what source you take) when they were in the same country. Good on her for her family loyalty is my opinion she has gone the extra mile for her brother and she impresses me for that and that alone.

She can meet with him all she wants. She should not have accepted the PM job then.

She can meet with him all she wants. She should not have accepted the PM job then.

thats kinda my point pal the job was the best way of helping him.

Are you saying that family loyalty is more important for a Prime Minister than Thailand?

Especially when it is supporting a proven criminal on the run from the law.

Are you saying that family loyalty is more important for a Prime Minister than Thailand?

Especially when it is supporting a proven criminal on the run from the law.

No i'm saying its the most important thing in the world imo, but you don't have to share my views on this.

if god had wanted me to think a job was more important than family he would have made me Japanese not English.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Shall we go on?

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have both had almost a working lifetime in Politics,and were both longstanding MPs before they both became Prime Ministers of the UK. So no comparison with Yinglucks experience then!

Your comment about ruining the UK is also a debatable point of view.

Edited by MAJIC

So where is your proof (or that of the OP come to that) that she did meet him? She denied she met him because she was asked whether she met him according to "reports" and she hadn't. End of, no conspiracy here. Most of these stories coming out from the Nation, and its ilk, of denials are because they ask questions about things she didn't say/do/imply etc so she replies in the negative, what is so suprising? They might as well have asked did she meet Elvis in Singapore and when she denied it make a story out of it. Though some on here would probably still say she was lying.

Ginjag doesn't need proof because he/she was making no claim one way or the other. You should have known that when he/she started with The whole point being if she met him....Notice the "if"?

Nobody seems to know how much truth there is to the speculation. The discussion is therefore one of a hypothetical nature - as follows: if she, PM of Thailand, met him, her brother, a criminal on the run, would you be ok with that, and would you also be ok with her lying about it so as to avoid legal difficulties. My feeling is that no, whatever obvious loyalty she has to family, she should put the country first, and let authorities deal with her brother's case, just as they would deal with any other case, and that she should in no way interfere - that includes meeting him. If she is going to do so, she should at least have the courage of her convictions, and honesty to the public, to not lie about it. Prime Ministers shouldn't be lying about anything for that matter, whatever the reason. OK, dodge questions you don't want to answer, say when asked if you contacted your brother via Skype that you have no comment, but don't flat out lie.

My feeling on Prime Ministers lying as being unacceptable is obviously however not one shared by some people here, Mr Bowskill for one. No doubt he will say that since in his opinion they all lie, that makes it ok and we shouldn't waste time condemning them when they get found out. With this attitude, how will standards ever get raised, when the public ceases caring or demanding?

Ginjag doesn't need proof because he/she was making no claim one way or the other. You should have known that when he/she started with The whole point being if she met him....Notice the "if"?

Nobody seems to know how much truth there is to the speculation. The discussion is therefore one of a hypothetical nature - as follows: if she, PM of Thailand, met him, her brother, a criminal on the run, would you be ok with that, and would you also be ok with her lying about it so as to avoid legal difficulties. My feeling is that no, whatever obvious loyalty she has to family, she should put the country first, and let authorities deal with her brother's case, just as they would deal with any other case, and that she should in no way interfere - that includes meeting him. If she is going to do so, she should at least have the courage of her convictions, and honesty to the public, to not lie about it. Prime Ministers shouldn't be lying about anything for that matter, whatever the reason. OK, dodge questions you don't want to answer, say when asked if you contacted your brother via Skype that you have no comment, but don't flat out lie.

My feeling on Prime Ministers lying as being unacceptable is obviously however not one shared by some people here, Mr Bowskill for one. No doubt he will say that since in his opinion they all lie, that makes it ok and we shouldn't waste time condemning them when they get found out. With this attitude, how will standards ever get raised, when the public ceases caring or demanding?

Thanks rixalex, yes IF was the word that the cleaver poster missed, and what (phi phi) stories do you expect to come out of the nation----it's political yes-but without these news opposition it would be a sad state more than it is, all that rubbish posting about Elvis made me laugh. weigh up how many truths in the 3 months of rule, and how many lies, add them up PhiPhi............which holds the balance.???

Shall we go on?

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have both had almost a working lifetime in Politics,and were both longstanding MPs before they both became Prime Ministers of the UK. So no comparison with Yinglucks experience then!

Your comment about ruining the UK is also a debatable point of view.

IMHO, a "working lifetime in Politics" is not worth a rat's arse when it comes to making decisions. Why not ask the families of dead soldiers in Iraq what they think of Bliar's great experience in throwing sand in people's eyes? (Weapons of Mass Destruction, in UK in 45 minutes!!!!!!) Lies, lies, lies.

Or ask the 2 million unemployed (and rising) in UK what they think of good ol' Gordon's love affair with the banks and the City of London all those years. Socialist? Give me a sodding break.

Yingluck is no better, no worse, than any other politician who comes into office without obvious qualifications for the job. What ARE the qualifications a politician needs? Just to lie as smoothly as possible while robbing the till. (Maybe have some nooky on the side?) And if you want to see what Americans think about "political experience" just watch sweet Newt Gingrich being trounced by the current pres next year.

IMHO, a "working lifetime in Politics" is not worth a rat's arse when it comes to making decisions. Why not ask the families of dead soldiers in Iraq what they think of Bliar's great experience in throwing sand in people's eyes? (Weapons of Mass Destruction, in UK in 45 minutes!!!!!!) Lies, lies, lies.

Or ask the 2 million unemployed (and rising) in UK what they think of good ol' Gordon's love affair with the banks and the City of London all those years. Socialist? Give me a sodding break.

Yingluck is no better, no worse, than any other politician who comes into office without obvious qualifications for the job. What ARE the qualifications a politician needs? Just to lie as smoothly as possible while robbing the till. (Maybe have some nooky on the side?) And if you want to see what Americans think about "political experience" just watch sweet Newt Gingrich being trounced by the current pres next year.

You are more scathing on the likes of Blair than i would be, as i see the good things that he did whilst in office as well as the bad, but i understand why you feel the way you do about him, and i would not think of stepping in and telling you to give him a break, or to have a go at someone else who i think is worse. I have no interest in protecting politicians from criticism, providing of course there are reasonably grounds.

I have been without a home and without a business now for almost two months. I don't blame Yingluck or the government entirely, certainly not with regards preventing the flood, but in terms of managing the crisis, she and they have been completely hopeless. I feel i have a right to be angry, as you have a right to your anger, and i don't get why it is you think i should give her or they a break, just because you have stronger feelings about other things; why it is you think she needs protecting from criticism. The criticism is with reasonable grounds, and if you think otherwise, you are either not living here or are blind.

I've long believed that a random lottery to bring ordinary citizens into government for strictly limited-term rotation would work much better than most current so-called democratic systems.

I'd much rather have ignorant fools in charge than driven megalomaniacs.

Of course some countries get the worst of all possible combinations 8-)