Vegemite

Dave9000

The Chiang Mai forum would have been a better place to ask this question...;)

Failing the Kasem store, try asking in the 'Down Under Roo Bar', eastern end of Ratchamankla Road in the old city. Aussie owned and patronised. Great place for a beer anyway.

http://www.farangfriendly.com/Company/Down-Under-Roo-Bar-Coffee-Shop-12921.aspx

No phone number, sorry.

It's got to be better than 'biscuits and gravy' that are sold by the fat-bastard-cardboard-cafe.....And, I like it....and it's good for me....and it is a well known curative for whingers. You should try some!

Why on earth do you want to eat that krap :bah:

It's got to be better than 'biscuits and gravy' that are sold by the fat-bastard-cardboard-cafe.....And, I like it....and it's good for me....and it is a well known curative for whingers. You should try some!

:lol: good answer

Thanks Dave but I'll pass, it is the most disgusting, stuff I have ever tasted :jap:

Thanks Dave but I'll pass, it is the most disgusting, stuff I have ever tasted :jap:

More disgusting than stinky 1000 year old fish that they put in there som tum. By the way vegemite arroy mak mak

Edited by robbo1

Not only do Rimping sell Vegemite but they also sell the real Marmite (from Australia!) and wonder of wonders (for me) Promite! Man, I was a happy camper when I saw that stuff on the shelves!

Add that to your Vegemite/Marmite debate!

More disgusting than stinky 1000 year old fish that they put in there som tum. By the way vegemite arroy mak mak

OK I guess only to a Aussie, it might be, they are weened on the stuff :bah:

Thanks to all those who sent me advice regarding shops which sell Vegemite. I bought it at Rimping Supermarket and I must add that the mid sized supermarket is as good as anything in Australia and not far short of the best in Japan. It was nice to find the Veg', but even better to find such a quality, clean, well stocked and friendly shop.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

This Yank started eating it as a source of B vitamins. Spread on buttered toast it's gooooooooooood unless you glob too much on, then it's savory.

That's exactly how I eat it. Can't be beaten when accompanied but a cup of tea.

I tried it on my Thai gf and she loves it too.