Thai Ex-PM Abhisit Grilled Over Deadly Rally Crackdown

webfact

Personally, I find any action which causes death and injury abhorent...the only proviso is if it was a terrible accident and had no malicious intent...is that utopia.

What you guys openly admit is that your debate is about grading the crime to suit your political leanings.........be it fact or fiction.......

And you cannot understand why you always end up with circular debate............

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...... it comes from people who will not condemn all violent action with regard to political demonstrations because it suits their particular political leanings

You just described the typical Red Shirt apologist here. How many have denounced any violence from their side? And when they did, how many didn't follow it up with the word 'but' and an explanation that Yellow Shirts 'did bad things too'?

Hello?......you make my point so well.......have all members of all sides denounced violence?

Personally, I find any action which causes death and injury abhorent...the only proviso is if it was a terrible accident and had no malicious intent...is that utopia.

What you guys openly admit is that your debate is about grading the crime to suit your political leanings.........be it fact or fiction.......

And you cannot understand why you always end up with circular debate............

With snippets ... no clear quote ... some may seem to be ... talking to themselves ... ;)

No...... it comes from people who will not condemn all violent action with regard to political demonstrations because it suits their particular political leanings

You just described the typical Red Shirt apologist here. How many have denounced any violence from their side? And when they did, how many didn't follow it up with the word 'but' and an explanation that Yellow Shirts 'did bad things too'?

Exactly the point your posts ignore in this thread.

And the likely reason why.

Double standards, buy yours today, comes with a bill of sale and...

NOTHING of substance.

Hello?......you make my point so well.......have all members of all sides denounced violence?

I know of several posters of whom you disagree that has, repeatedly, stated that violence is a bad thing and that there are morons on both sides.

Btw, I am still waiting for the Red Shirt leaders to denounce the violence that they ofcourse are opposed and is done in their organizations name.

With snippets ... no clear quote ... some may seem to be ... talking to themselves ... ;)

When you take a needle and stick it in a wound,

it makes the injury worse, it can also be torture.

When you sanitize it and stick it on a wound to remove a sliver of wood,

it makes the wound worse initially and causes increased pain, but also makes the would heal in the long run. When the needle delivers anesthetic or anti-biotic it hurts like hell, but helps you too.

Some times the medicine hurts, but you have to take it to get better.

Sticking a needle into someones body can be a violent act, and hurt the individual, even kill them, but it can also be just as invasive and not be more than a transitory pain on the way to healing. Unless the applicator twists it about in the wound for added pain and suffering.

As you can see the same action can be

both violent and helpful,

but it depends on intent and method.

Edited by animatic

Btw, I am still waiting for the Red Shirt leaders to denounce the violence that they ofcourse are opposed and is done in their organizations name.

I'm waiting to enjoy a white Christmas in Bangkok. Your wait will be longer than mine i fancy.

These threads repeatedly degenerate into juvenile squabbles about who was "badder" than whom in their protests. Why does that matter in comparison to what is needed to improve the governance of the country that so many of us have made our home?

Thailand is a divided country politically - the Democrats are not acceptable to the electorate despite having the best qualified politicians in western eyes; Thaksin was convicted of corruption; a military coup took place (something abhorrent normally to members of western democracies);Pheau Thai's previous Thaksin-oriented incarnations were overthrown by (legally valid) court rulings. Pheau Thai is in government now and is still a Thaksin creation but has an overwhelming parliamentary majority so there appears little to suggest that a military coup would again be contemplated.

The way out of this impasse can only be through a process that allows complete openness about what has occurred and a spirit of reconciliation that is seriously missing in the hostile adversarial views of so many posters here. Perhaps if we leave it to the Thais, they will find a way and we farangs can find other reasons to throw our toys at each other.

I'm waiting to enjoy a white Christmas in Bangkok. Your wait will be longer than mine i fancy.

These threads repeatedly degenerate into juvenile squabbles about who was "badder" than whom in their protests. Why does that matter in comparison to what is needed to improve the governance of the country that so many of us have made our home?

Thailand is a divided country politically - the Democrats are not acceptable to the electorate despite having the best qualified politicians in western eyes; Thaksin was convicted of corruption; a military coup took place (something abhorrent normally to members of western democracies);Pheau Thai's previous Thaksin-oriented incarnations were overthrown by (legally valid) court rulings. Pheau Thai is in government now and is still a Thaksin creation but has an overwhelming parliamentary majority so there appears little to suggest that a military coup would again be contemplated.

The way out of this impasse can only be through a process that allows complete openness about what has occurred and a spirit of reconciliation that is seriously missing in the hostile adversarial views of so many posters here. Perhaps if we leave it to the Thais, they will find a way and we farangs can find other reasons to throw our toys at each other.

Do you really think Thaksin will be open and admit he hid millions of baht in his servants' names to manipulate the stock market?

Will Thaksin admit that the 2,500 people killed in his 'drug war' were unlawfully killed and deprived of a fair trial?

The way out of this impasse is for justice to run its course,those who broke the law from Thaksin to both Sonthis to be tried in court and duly sentenced.

But Thaksin refuses to recognises the courts.

It just struck me what the heck are the police doing interrogating them. When there was a need for action they ran.

Sorry I forgot Thaksins relative is the Police Chief. Silly me.:jap:

Did you have a similar thought when these very same police were interrogating the Red Shirts?

Yes of course :)

Now back to the OP "Thai ex-PM Abhisit grilled over deadly rally crackdown"

Probably one of the questions not asked because the answer might be embarrassing "why didn't you stick to using the police, you already used them for a month or so?"

The police are a useless bunch of wasters and are impotent when it comes to something like trying to restore order!!!!

Also, there is the fact that the Thai police are supporters of Thaksin and the red shirts and it was against their interests to quell them and they failed in their duty in not doing so!!:jap:.

all violence should be condemned

... or amnestied / pardoned?

I think the grenade launcher guy attracting a sentence of 38 years for his actions, provided the correct message to people who prefer violence to support political cause

Edited by 473geo

Maybe they didn't use lethal force to evict the yellow shirts out of the airport because they were peacefully protesting without machine guns and grenade launchers.

And they were not invading hospitals and using there children as shields.

They initially took the airport by force.

The protesters turned up later, once the area was secured by the paramilitary element of the yellow shirts who were armed.

I know, because I was at the airport when the takeover began.

And how many got killed?

all violence should be condemned

... or amnestied / pardoned?

I think the grenade launcher guy attracting a sentence of 38 years for his actions, provided the correct message to people who prefer violence to support political cause

Lets hope you are right.

And next step is to handle their paymasters.

Do you really think Thaksin will be open and admit he hid millions of baht in his servants' names to manipulate the stock market?

Will Thaksin admit that the 2,500 people killed in his 'drug war' were unlawfully killed and deprived of a fair trial?

The way out of this impasse is for justice to run its course,those who broke the law from Thaksin to both Sonthis to be tried in court and duly sentenced.

But Thaksin refuses to recognises the courts.

I did not suggest any of those would happen and don't understand why you are asking what I "really think" Thaksin will do; like you I have no idea what goes on in his mind. What I have suggested is that reconciliation and openness are necessary for the THAI people to resolve THEIR difficulties and differences.