Pattaya Foreigners Demand Consumer Protection

Rimmer

Foreigners demand consumer protection

PATTAYA: -- Around 40 foreigners – Brits, Russians, Finns and Canadians – are up in arms after turning up to move into their Pattaya dream homes only to find that they had allegedly been scammed.

They claim that their paid-for apartments at Emerald Palace in a popular area of the resort had been used to secure a large loan from the Kasikorn Bank by a British executive

Full story and picture HERE

--PATTAYA TODAY 2011-12-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I would definitely recommend being ultra-careful when dealing with any sort of real estate agent in Thailand.

They are a totally unqualified and unregulated lot in most countries, and more so here. About as honest as used car salesmen, which of course they are very similar to.

I would definitely recommend being ultra-careful when dealing with any sort of real estate agent in Thailand.

They are a totally unqualified and unregulated lot in most countries, and more so here. About as honest as used car salesmen, which of course they are very similar to.

Quite frightening how easy it can be to fall into these pits of despair and I agree with you 100% Darrel.

I fell into a time share shamble about 13 years ago in Pattaya. The place turned out to be a field, now its called View Talay Villas.

Funny old game??.....believe it!