Battery For Dell Streak/ Mini 5

pacman

hi anyone know where i can get a battery for the dell streak in bangkok, i have tried mbk, one stall owner went around the other stalls and said none of them had it, he said try a dell shop, so went to fortune mall which had a few shops selling dell computers but didnt have the battery.

any ideas need one asap as it wont charge.

or does anyone know where the sell the dell streak in bangkok?

I got my streak in the UK and am here for a few weeks so not too sure where to go.

many thanks..

I have seen some shops here selling Dell Android products. You may just have to walk around many malls until you see a shop selling a Dell Streak?

Alternatively you could look for a copy (not OEM) battery which meets the power and physical requirements. Get a few photos of the battery, Google the Dell part number for compatible part numbers, understand the specs and physical dimensions, then hunt the shops.

Have you tried USB charging? The AC Charger could be broken?

Edited by lomatopo

I know you said you went to the Dell shop at Fortune Town but did you try the laptop battery shop on the 2nd floor near the side where their renovating, you recognise it as they've got stacks of batteries in brown cardboard boxes stacked high on the shelves.

Batteries: I priced a second battery for my Sony A330 DSLR at the Sony store yesterday, 3,150 bt.

eBay price from a well established Hong Kong dealer was 300 bt. (three hundred) Full warrente, free

shipping and PayPal protection. With last years FTA with China even large ticket items are often easily moved

here now. In many areas the quality of Chinese products has risen sharply to comply with US and EU

import specifications. Even a OEM Sony battery from HK was less than 1k bt.

Sometimes it's worth checking eBay for a Hong Kong dealer, at least that has been my experience.

Edited by tpthai2