Lost Tor Tor 3 - Any Suggestion?

Hello,

I've got a friend who has just sold his house which he has owned for 10 years. However he now realises that he cannot find the TorTor3 form. That's the one that proves he brought the money into Thailand. We've already approached his bank who say that they don't keep any copies - it's up to the customer.

So down to the nitty gritty is there any way to take his money out of Thailand legally without stashing it in a suitcase. He has all the paperwork relating to the recent sale.

Over to the informed and imaginative Thaivisa members to help dig my friend out of the hole he is in.

Thanks in advance.

I suspect you could be being fobbed off by the bank. For info they do keep copies of FX transactions. The issue may be that they have passed the period the bank keeps the doc for. Try someone higher up or ask to see their manager. There should at least be an electronic record in the system of the transaction or archived somewhere, although it will take time.

My memory is a bit hazy, but I'm not sure that Tor Tor 3's were in place 10 years ago in the same format. I helped someone out with a similar issue once. It is also possible to ask the bank to write a letter stating that X amount of baht was transferred on xyz date for the purpose of buying property, and have it signed by a senior official in the bank as a replacement.

Alternatives:

If the person used to work here, he could claim repatriation of income, if their tax etc is all up to date. Or any other transfer in.

Edit: Forgot to add. If you're not getting any joy out of the Thai receiving bank, try the bank that the funds were originally transferred from overseas. they may be able to provide a record/copy of the transaction transferring out. If you have that, it makes it easier for the Thai bank to track down, and more likely you can get them to write a letter.

Edited by fletchsmile

Consult his estate agent, they should be able to get him one...but will cost approx 6,000 Baht

:blink: 6000 Baht for a piece of paper !!

Small price if it means he can transfer millions out of the country.......

Yes small price but i think it's too much.

Consult his estate agent, they should be able to get him one...but will cost approx 6,000 Baht

:blink: 6000 Baht for a piece of paper !!

Small price if it means he can transfer millions out of the country.......

Yes small price but i think it's too much.

You can't really be that dumb can you?

The poster who suggested that he go back to his foreign bank has about the best idea out there. The foreign bank will keep paper or digital records and be able to make a new form.

Also, he can request a print out of his account fro the time that he opened it.

A this may be very long, the bank may then ask about any specific dates he is interested in, and then he can have them print out the month which he brought the funds into the country.

The local bank may have to go to the head office somewhere to locate this, but that is a small price to pay.

Best of luck.

Many thanks to all who had suggestions about the way forward. We have now successfully completed the process (legally) of transferring the money overseas.

Being in Thailand as the more observant and seasoned veterans will notice, this does not mean it will happen every time but here is what we needed.

The papers relating to the house sale, including tax related items and company papers asssociating the house selling company to the individual were all that was required, apart from the obvious copies of passport and bank account details....and the rest was easy. It actually was easy!

However we did find, after going in to a few banks, that talking to the 'front desk' for information is not a positive option. Go in and ask for 'International transfers' and then you get to talk to someone who really does know what they are talking about. The rest is simple.

So to all who contributed, thank you very much and I hope that this thread helps someone else in the future.