Getting Colder These Days

Travel2003

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to put socks on the last couple of days :bah: (Ubon).

For the first time since I arrived in Thailand years ago, I had to do the same.

The tiles on the floor are quite cold.

At least no electricity for air con is used.

Always a bright side.

:-)

Always a bright side.

Personally I haven't used the aircon since June, now I'm not using the electric fan either.

Makes sense to me ... cows produce a lot of methane, which is 100% more effective as a global warming gas than carbon dioxide. Just imagine the number of cattle needed to keep all the McDonalds and steakhouses and hotels and homes in the world supplied with beef. This is just another way that man is impacting on the planet, and the science was proven years ago, and just because farting cows causes more global warming than aircraft, does not make either a good thing for the next generation.

It might make sense to you, but then a flat earth makes sense too.

In reality most greenhouse gases are produced by termites (over 97% of methane) and volcanoes.

Man accounts for the production of less than 3% of all greenhouse gases in existence.

US EPA figures indicate 56% from fossil fuel burning. Environmental pressure groups sometimes place the figure higher. Landfill gas and farting cows togther are much more than the natural sources you mentioned. The oil companies may be sponsoring the research you have seen, but these figures belong in the flat Earth Society dustbin.

The thing is that we like air travel, burgers, a/c, cars and iPads, so we are drawn to the bad stats because it suits our personal likes, but that does not make the oil company proganda any more true.

But you must be trolling, as nobody really believes that man is not a significant in climate change these days in the same way that nobody really believes that the Earth is flat.

Makes sense to me ... cows produce a lot of methane, which is 100% more effective as a global warming gas than carbon dioxide. Just imagine the number of cattle needed to keep all the McDonalds and steakhouses and hotels and homes in the world supplied with beef. This is just another way that man is impacting on the planet, and the science was proven years ago, and just because farting cows causes more global warming than aircraft, does not make either a good thing for the next generation.

In reality most greenhouse gases are produced by termites (over 97% of methane) and volcanoes.

Man accounts for the production of less than 3% of all greenhouse gases in existence.

US EPA figures indicate 56% from fossil fuel burning. Environmental pressure groups sometimes place the figure higher. Landfill gas and farting cows togther are much more than the natural sources you mentioned. The oil companies may be sponsoring the research you have seen, but these figures belong in the flat Earth Society dustbin.

The thing is that we like air travel, burgers, a/c, cars and iPads, so we are drawn to the bad stats because it suits our personal likes, but that does not make the oil company proganda any more true.

But you must be trolling, as nobody really believes that man is not a significant in climate change these days in the same way that nobody really believes that the Earth is flat.

The oil industry does not make planes, burgers, AC, cars or iPads and still you blame the poor and innocent oil companies!

Does nobody ever wake up any more and wonder who are the nice people that provide fuel for their cars?

The cold weather makes me pee a lot.

Yep ... me too! Apparently it's becasue your kidneys work harder to produce heat and that processes more water. And we sweat less.

Wow I thought it was because our bodies stored up more to help us cool off in the heat and now doesn't need it.

Amazing I grew up in -20 winters and was just whinging to the mrs that I need to get warmer clothes lol

Yep ... me too! Apparently it's becasue your kidneys work harder to produce heat and that processes more water. And we sweat less.

It's OK to pee. Just don't fart or the Climate police will be all over you.

I think, if you read the small print, that the survey only includes greenhouse gases produced by the activities of man.

This is the normal way the alarmists work.

Edited by ludditeman

I think, if you read the small print, that the survey only includes greenhouse gases produced by the activities of man.

This is the normal way the alarmists work.

Easy to hide the facts behind meaningless percentages, please read up on the subject before copying numbers and make up your own mind.

56% of 2.75%, so about 1.54% of total.

It's OK to pee. Just don't fart or the Climate police will be all over you.

Only if they can show that hydrogen is a greenhouse gas.

Always a bright side.

Personally I haven't used the aircon since June, now I'm not using the electric fan either.

You haven't turned the fridge off as well Thad? :D

The oil industry does not make planes, burgers, AC, cars or iPads and still you blame the poor and innocent oil companies!

Does nobody ever wake up any more and wonder who are the nice people that provide fuel for their cars?

Oil is used to make many things other than petrol. I read once about much oil it takes to make a TV something like 2 barrels

A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)

http://www.ranken-energy.com/Products%20from%20Petroleum.htm

Always a bright side.

You haven't turned the fridge off as well Thad? :D

Heaven forbid mate, beer and milk should always be below room temp, when they start to solidify without the help of a fridge.... then I'll turn it off ;)

Went out for a beer or two yesterday evening here in KK.

It felt like a nice summer evening back in Scandi.

After 2 big Heineken, I just had to go back home, as I started to freeze.

This would never ever had bothered me when I lived back in Scandi.

Went out for a beer or two yesterday evening here in KK.

It felt like a nice summer evening back in Scandi.

After 2 big Heineken, I just had to go back home, as I started to freeze.

This would never ever had bothered me when I lived back in Scandi.

Heineken makes me shiver in Thailand too! :D

my missus went out to the night market looking like an Inuit - only thing missing was the team of huskies & sled!! Me? watered the garden - socks and long trousers, long sleeved shirt, beer no ice. :rolleyes:

hehehe,

Interesting to se the girls working in the bar, trying to be sexy, in thick jackets (with hoods), mini skirts, and high heels.

Felt a bit sorry for them, but then again we all sometimes suffer at work.

;-)