A Female Luk Kruengs Viewpoint

eek

(farungs) as you say is a Thai word for white foreigners, not whore-mongers.

Thanks for the clarification, I know that the word "farung" is used for western (mainly white) foreigners in general, but I'm not familiar with the vocabulary used for "whore-mongers", is there any thai word for them at all?

Yes I would also benefit from an elucidite definition of that classification/nomenclature - preferably in Thai script

:jap:

I very much doubt, because of your lack of knowledge of Thai culture, that you can read Thai. But since you ask, there are many words for this. คนเที่ยวซ่อง is one such word - excuse any mistakes, I've only been writing Thai for 20 years.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the clarification, I know that the word "farung" is used for western (mainly white) foreigners in general, but I'm not familiar with the vocabulary used for "whore-mongers", is there any thai word for them at all?

Yes I would also benefit from an elucidite definition of that classification/nomenclature - preferably in Thai script

:jap:

I very much doubt, because of your lack of knowledge of Thai culture, that you can read Thai. But since you ask, there are many words for this. คนเที่ยวซ่อง is one such word - excuse any mistakes, I've only been writing Thai for 20 years.

Amazing - not your poor use of Thai script - but your assumption about someone's , whom you have never met, experience of Thai culture - lets get back to the ironing thread - you have more kudos there.

I am not catholic, I am Buddhists, Luckily because the pope has a lot to answer for.

I am not taking the moral high ground here, i am not on my high horse, it is what is and you guys refuse to admit it because you engage in it.

ludditeman, my wife is free to leave, we are in a union by choice, don't mix words you know what slavery is, if she was free to date she would not, you may not know girls like that.

What i consider to old and this is just my opinion, when someone is old enough to be your father, people will disagree here again because many are old enough to be the father.

thats why it bugs you guys so much.as for grammer, When I write a book I will worry about that, or have my editor do so.

this is the net, who cares about grammer.lol.

You engage in something long enough it soon becames normal, but deep down you all know it's wrong, otherwise you would not even defend it.

That's a bit strange because while Christianity tends to preach having sex is bad, Buddhism only says excess is bad.

So you have held on to a Christian morality, while claiming to move to Buddhism.

Having sex is normal, you might not have been having sex long enough (for whatever reason) to have got to that stage yet, but many adult men in Thailand have.

Not caring much about Christian morality, I don't see anything wrong with sex between consenting adults, of any age or gender combination.

So how do you feel about sex between two men?

(or between a man and a man dressed up as a woman)

Does age difference matter then?

I agree.

I believe I am probably being misunderstood here.

My original words were aimed at men who are being used being foolish enough to get into that situation.

The reason I chose older men is because they are at a much greater risk, as it's rare but not impossible for a girl much younger to be with them for genuine reasons, please note I said still possible, however most are deluding themselves.

I did say if he is aware that he is being used, and likewise he is using her, fine.

As for prostitution, anyone who says no harm is done is ignorant of the facts of the lifestyle, many people are affected when a girl chooses this.

Back on topic, the girl who wrote this thing in stickman may not have been to Thailand, but she sure is not far off the mark.

You get what you pay for, thats why it's best to enter a relationship where money is not a driving factor, or better yet not a factor at all.

she is correct when she talks about laying down with dogs you will get up with fleas, although she did not use those words.

To many people became desensatised to there surrounding and accept it as the norm, mainly because they enjoy being a part of it.

You're making more sense now. I do not agree with your opinions but at least you are better supporting your views now.

BTW, I do not think a woman wrote that "article"' and it has been floating around the Internet in various forms for a few years now. It is not a bad way to generate more traffic to a website which is of course how these bloggers make their nut.

I also agree with this.

Baa Gaam,

บ้ากาม

It's all a matter of demand (farungs) and supply (bargirls). It's all driven by self-interests on both sides. There is an ugly side of the story (human trafficking), but normally, it just takes two. Everyone can live the life they chose, but as long as it doesn't harm others. In this case, it does harm the reputation of Thailand as a country, its women and those westerners who do not have the intentions described earlier.

Granted, may are sexpats, many of which are in denial, many of which post on the internet or befriend others to justify that it is quite normal to marry a prostitute in this country, hiding the fact that they are the laughing stock of normal faraung and Thai alike.

A laughing stock no doubt for those that feel the desperate need to appear superior, and find little to occupy their small narrow minds...while remaining in denial of their empty puritanical lives

Papaah.

You came here to 'avoid American females'? Probably because you couldn't have a relationship with an educated woman. You actually think Thai women like you or like your money? Pathetic

IMHO most of the older men in Thailand were perfectly capable of having relationships in the west.

Most relationships end at some time, and many women seem happy to take a lot of the man's money on their way out the door.

But if it makes you feel better ........

they certainly are capable of having relationships.

but many struggle, takes a while to get so much as a phone number, in thailand they can get several an hour rather then one a month.

I have even had men tell me they came to Thailand because they cannot get a woman.

all things considered when it takes so long to get a woman there own age and they come to thailand and have young girls falling at there feet, it sucks them right in.

they cannot believe it, they get somewhat the feeling of a superstar and our natural egos draws them in and will not let go.

but common sense is lacking in many who fail to ask, why does this young beauty who really does not know my old ass want me, after all she dont really know me at all so it must be something else she knows well but does not have. $$$$$$$$

they certainly are capable of having relationships.

That is true

but many struggle, takes a while to get so much as a phone number, in thailand they can get several an hour rather then one a month.

I have even had men tell me they came to Thailand because they cannot get a woman.

all things considered when it takes so long to get a woman there own age .....

More of a problem getting a woman in the west that I actually fancy, rather than taking much time. Why on earth would I want a woman my own age? I'm guessing you are not old enough to have had a relationship with a post-menopausal woman.

.... but common sense is lacking in many who fail to ask, why does this young beauty who really does not know my old ass want me, after all she dont really know me at all so it must be something else she knows well but does not have. $

Not sure I follow your logic here, why would I care why a younger woman sleeps with me?

I have money and am happy to pay. From my PoV, having sex with an ugly or old woman shows lack of common sense, unless she pays me.

Edited by ludditeman

I see you point ludditeman but i was talking about long term relationships rather then one nighters.

you are right I am 35 and have not had a woman in the old age range you speak of.

my wifes 32, good age for each other I feel, mature but still fun, 32 but fit.

I see you point ludditeman but i was talking about long term relationships rather then one nighters.

you are right I am 35 and have not had a woman in the old age range you speak of.

Paying, doesn't just mean for 'short-time', you can have a paid relationship for many many years, many Thais keep a girl this way too.

There are many attractive available girls in their early 30s, so you have no need to find a younger woman.

But just have a look around at women in their early 50s, how many do you fancy? are you going to drop your standards as you get older?

If you were to find yourself single in your late 50s, would you say OK, I'll get a gf in her 50s too, or would you still be looking at the women in their 30s?

I fail to understand why you need to mention the age of your wife, it is of no consequence at all. Though I think you mention it in an effort to giver yourself a superiority complex.

Happiness is the only thing that matters. If I want a girl 20 years younger or 20 years older and she wants me then if I'm happy that is all that matters. Her reasons for wanting to be with me are irrelevant to me....or anyone else. Others may look and laugh at me but why would that matter, they are only showing their own insecurities but trying to vindicate their own relationship as 'better'. But if you are in a truly happy relationship you wouldn't feel the need to be judgmental on other's relationships. If the couple are happy then that is all that matters.

well wallaby, i must be unhappy then, who are you DR phill.whats the big deal about mentioning the age, so what.never judged a relationship, only refered to the ones being used or the ones that are not real, read between the lines, maybe your not comfortable in your relationship as your a little defensive.

relax, I am sure there are legit relationships with a wide age gap, rare but yes there are, but I was not refering to them.I always say this, same are are happy, however people who are on the defencive dont read it properly as they are to busy rushing to write an attack, sorry a response.by writing her age, that is in no way showing i am superior as i am not, i dont think like that so its normal for me to write like this as i am very open, dont take it the wron way.

Edited by mataus101

your right ludditeman some do pay and pay heavily.

I call there wives bargirls with one customer.

both partners should contribute to the relationship.

mine does, sorry to point that out might offend wallaby, may seem like i am trying to be superior.

sorry if i am happy and proud of my relationship.

I wish all people the same.

your right ludditeman some do pay and pay heavily.

I call there wives bargirls with one customer.

both partners should contribute to the relationship.

mine does, sorry to point that out might offend wallaby, may seem like i am trying to be superior.

sorry if i am happy and proud of my relationship.

I wish all people the same.

You don't want to seem like you are superior.

You wish all people happiness.

But

'I would feed a dog, but not a bargirl'.

You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle. And that sir, is the kindest possible thing anyone can ever say about you.

I dont say i am superior, but i will not lie i dont like them.

there are people that do all manner of things wrong, people kill, people rape etc etc.

if I say i dont like them, does that mean i believe i am superior.

no, people just fail to tell the truth and say what is, i call it as i see it.

I don't like bar girls so i expressed that view, you can express yours, however my view does not mean i feel superior, it is what it is, and what it is i dont like what they do.

Do they care if i like it, of coarse not, but i dont have to like it.

no one likes everyone, everybody judges the actions of somebody, does not have a thing to do with feeling superior.

again relax,

I dont say i am superior, but i will not lie i dont like them.

there are people that do all manner of things wrong, people kill, people rape etc etc.

if I say i dont like them, does that mean i believe i am superior.

no, people just fail to tell the truth and say what is, i call it as i see it.

I don't like bar girls so i expressed that view, you can express yours, however my view does not mean i feel superior, it is what it is, and what it is i dont like what they do.

Do they care if i like it, of coarse not, but i dont have to like it.

no one likes everyone, everybody judges the actions of somebody, does not have a thing to do with feeling superior.

again relax,

Murders and rapists are reviled by all the community. Bar gilrs are accepted by quite a large proportion of the community (if you go by how popular Pattaya etc is) they provide a service to those that request such service. Not all bargirls are the same, I have met quite a few in both social and 'professional' circumstances. Some of them I don't like, some I do. Though I would never use a broad brushstroke to say I dislike them all and would feed a dog before I would feed them.

Bargirls should be considered the same way as any other profession. Some I wouldn't rate much higher than used car salesmen and lawyers, others are very kind and caring and just in an unfortunate life position.

Now I will be bashed by used car salesmen and lawyers. Oh well.

just like any other profession you say. ok.

why is it the world has come to a point where we must BS and keep whats real inside.

If anyones daughter came home and said they were a bargirl, a normal parent would be devastated, totaly devastated, so its not normal at all.

only thing worse then a bar girl is the people who run them, as bar girls in Australia used to tell my father when he worked in king kross, i sleep with pimps so i can wake up next to someone lower then myself.

there words not mine, many are very nice i am sure, but there is nothing nice about the industry.

Thailand doesn't seem to have pimps, different way of working to the west.

(I do have personal experience of how Thai bars, and the girls working there, operate)

Usually they come and go with a fair amount of freedom.

I would be fairly upset if one of my kids came home and said they were a cleaner or shelf stacker.

If they said they were a bar-girl, as long as the money was good and they were having fun, why not.

Edited by ludditeman

I should point out that if in the marriage between the young lady and her old old man he is aware of the fact he is being used, thats fine.

He is using her, she is using him, great,

however what I think is pathetic is when they cannot see it, and they are clearly being used but walk around with there head held high, thinking everyone is looking at them like some god, when really people are laughing at them and thinking ohhh you poor misguided fool.

Those that are aware that it is often just a business transaction, often but not always, fine, those that are not, take the blinkers off.

Why shouldn't he hold his head high, why shouldn't his girl hold her head high. You think he should cower and hide because he shouldn't have a right to be happy?

If he's happy and she is happy then who the hell is anyone else to pass judgment.

To me, he isn't the fool, he is happy and proud to be happy. You are the fool for trying to make yourself feel better at what you mistakenly see as misguided happiness.

You may feel better about yourself if you just take people as they are and enjoy in their happiness.

The problem is SHE ISNT HAPPY. A 20 year old girl with a 65 year old man is not happy. In virtually every single one of these relationships there is absolutely no chemistry. Hell, they can barely even communicate. Shes got broken, limited English and he often times cant speak a word of Thai.

And if the man is happy then I just feel sorry for him. To be happy with someone who is after your wallet and clearly doesnt love you is rather pathetic i'd say.

Clearly!?blink.gif

well if it pleases you to have no morals just remember that kama could bring such actions on your children.

you may not believe that, but would the even slightest chance that its true about kama make you rethink.

forget the hookers, i will stick to my wife.

...who is, actually, someones daughter!

Disgusting!!!cool.gif

thats the answer i expected cardholder, if i say i dont like something, its because i have baggage, i expected that.

i am happily married, have a wonderful daughter, another baby on the way.

my job is ok, not great but it pays well.

most important is our family are tight.

no baggage, but i can express an opinion still, if i express an opinion does that mean i have issues.

perhaps people are not happy with the sex tourist comments and the old men getting used comments because they see a little of themselves in there.

perhaps they have the baggage, i am highly spoken about certain moral issues.

i will say it all night, sleeping with bar girls is filthy, and sleeping with old people is filthy.

if that means i have baggage, then i want to keep that baggage.

I don't know you, so I can't say one way or the other about you specifically.

But what I can say is that when I hear people on a moral high horse about things like this is that I am immediately reminded of the Taliban, the people in Afghanistan who put a woman in prison because she was raped, the people in Nigeria who stone a woman to death because she was raped, the God Hates Fags group in the US, the Saudis stoning to death one of their princesses and beheading her French lover for having an affair, and so on.

If you personally don't like sleeping with bar girls, no problem. If you won't have sex with a younger woman, no problem. But when you make an effort to espouse your views so vehemently, taking the pulpit with such a supposedly high moral ground, well, that is why others think you have issues. I am not saying this is the case with you in particular, but this is typical of the Carrie Nation Syndrome.

Please rest assured that this post is not a flame. You are certainly welcome to your opinions. But I understand the reactions your posts have created, and I personally think it is sad when anyone is so judgmental on others when no harm is being done.

+100

just like any other profession you say. ok.

why is it the world has come to a point where we must BS and keep whats real inside.

If anyones daughter came home and said they were a bargirl, a normal parent would be devastated, totaly devastated, so its not normal at all.

only thing worse then a bar girl is the people who run them, as bar girls in Australia used to tell my father when he worked in king kross, i sleep with pimps so i can wake up next to someone lower then myself.

there words not mine, many are very nice i am sure, but there is nothing nice about the industry.

I always laugh when people say things like 'you wouldn't want your daughter doing this or that'.

Most men don't like the thought of their daughter being bent over and royally rogered by anyone, but it happens.

I don't have children but just for argument's sake, if I did I wouldn't want them being a prostitue, a cleaner, a waitress, a hairdresser. astronaut, physicist, scientist all ok. I also wouldn't want her to have sex with anyone. But guess what, I don't get a say in any of that. Her choice, I can like it or lump it. Your wife is someone's daughter, porno actors are someones children. It is going to happen whether you like it or not.

You are confusing Thai bargirls with prostitues in Oz. No camparison really. I've never been with a prostitute in any western country, nor do I want to. Most the Thai bargirls I have met do the job because of family pressure. They aren't really forced into it but the desire to take care of their family is drummed into them from an early age and I guess is just something that cannot be put to one side so they take the leap as a bargirl and hope to strike gold.

Of course there are shockers as well that are only on drugs and need to feed that habit but IMHO they are in the minority.