Pattaya Firework Celebration Dec. 16&17

toenail

The date of the firework display was changed from November to December. There is the barge out at Pattaya Bay full of explosives, so I guess the fireworks exhibition is on... Does anyone know the time (does the city know what time?):crazy:

The International Fireworks Competition will take place on Pattaya Beach from 16-17 December and will feature a 3km stretch of fireworks in honour of the 84th Birthday of His Majesty the King. Eight countries will be involved in the two day event which will include a special display featuring fireworks which will explode at a height of 600 meters.

Courtesy of the Pattaya City Expats Club, the #1 Expat group in Pattaya:

Schedule of the Pattaya Fireworksshow in Celebration of His Majesty the King’s 84th Birthday Friday& Saturday, December 16 & 17, 2011

2.00 pm. Opening ofthe stall area on Beach Road for the Public to join the event and to walkaround and shop.

5.00 pm. Opening ofthe VIP seating area across from the Hard Rock Hotel and a welcome to the VIPguests.

6.00 pm. The Masterof Ceremonies welcome speech - followed by live music by Thai Band“Subhannahongs” and a Thai Classical dance show.

7.00 pm. Officialopening of the Fireworks Show by Pattaya City Hall representatives.

7.30 pm. Fireworks show by European fireworks teams from Germany, Italy, and Denmark(20 minutes).

8.00 pm. Live Musicby Thai bands Singto Numchok, Feat , and Pangko (30 minutes).

8.30 pm. Fireworks show by Thailand, Republic of China, Japan and Australia (25minutes)

8.55 pm. Live Music by Thai Bands the Musketeers and TheRichman Toy (120 minutes)

10.55 pm. End of the first day Program.

-------------------------------------------------

Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011

2.00 pm. Opening ofthe stall area on Beach Road for the Public to join the event and to walkaround and shop.

5.00 pm. Opening ofthe VIP seating area across from the Hard Rock Hotel and a welcome to the VIPguests.

6.00 pm. The Masterof Ceremonies welcome speech - followed by a DVD of the King’s activities onbehalf of the Thai people in celebration of his 84th Birthday (60minutes)..

7.00 pm. Officialopening of the Fireworks Show by Pattaya City Hall representatives.

7.30 pm. Fireworks show by the Thai Military - the Police, the Navy and the Airforce. (15 Minutes)

7:50 pm. Live Musicby Thai artist Pijika (20 minutes)

8.20 pm. The Contest Fireworks show from theUnited Arab Emirates (Dubai) (20 minutes)

8.40 pm. Live band music from the artist “Punch Vorakarn”(20 minutes)

9.00 pm. The Contest Fireworks show from theUnited States of the America (20 minutes)

9.20 pm. Live band music from the artist “New–Jew” (30minutes)

9.50 pm. Announcement of the winner of the Fireworks contest(20 minutes)

10.10 pm. A special fireworks show from 9Countries (Australia, China, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Arab Emirates andThailand. (20 minutes)

10.30 Live band music from the artist “Bee Pirapat” (30minutes)

11.00 End of the event.

For more information in several languagescontact the Pattaya Call Center at 1337 or 038.253.127. 8. &-9 orthe Bangkok Call Center at 02.225.8262, 02.622.3179 or by email to www.pattaya.go.th

In case your interested here is a pic from Thurs showing three barges in line. Middle barge is lined up with Monteim(sp)Hotel. Pattata Klang is in line with barge on left. So for best viewing go to beach as close to water as you can get and near the middle barge. If like last time it will be spectacular.

LLL

post-11376-0-13944800-1324005112_thumb.j

Edited by threelegcowboy

Many thanks for the detailed schedule, jehricaholic

I have been searching for a schedule of the fireworks all week and couldn't find one.

This event was a magnificent show last year, so I'm really looking forward to it again.

it was a great show

we enjoyed it very much from our perch above the bay

the traffic wasn't so bad either

the worst jam for us was on Siam Country Club Road, waiting to cross the railtracks

after that it was plain sailing in to Central area via a few lesser known routes

the exit was the best ever by far

4 ONE WAY lanes up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit

then home to Mabrachan in record time

the police did a great job organizing the traffic in my opinion

Yes it was a good show last night. I was surprised how quiet it was. Had a couple of beers in the Poker bar then wandered over to the beach where there was plenty of space to sit or stand and watch the fireworks. Back to the bar before the next event and the same room available. Even beach road seemed relatively quiet but World Bar and Poker bar were heaving with bodies.

Motorbike taxi charged the same 40 Baht as usual to take me down to Soi 8 off beach road.

Road closure map for tonight/Saturday (lower map image) from a another (closed) thread:

Somewhat difficult to understand map, but I believe that:

@7,8 = Pattaya Nua/North Rd = northbound only

@5 = Pattaya Klang/Central Rd = northbound only

@3 = Pattaya Tai = southbound only

@2-3 = Walking Street???

@9 = Flyover???

Keep in mind that the barges are positioned between Pattaya Nua (Amari hotel) and Pattaya Klang, so there you will find the best fireworks vantage point on beach road. Lots of vendors/stalls, live music on stages, & Beach road is pedestrian only - a great people watching experience!

Best way to get there by motorbike is take Soi Bukhow between Klang and Tai (runs north/south) then take a Soi westbound positioned @ Hilton hotel/Central Festival to 2'nd road (northbound only), then park free at Central Festival.

Reminder that the left side of the map = north. right side = south

post-142481-0-26777700-1324115021_thumb.

Edited by jehricaholic

I don't understand how the different firework sessions/ displays "competed" against the other sessions. Most of the firework displays were financially (I guess) supported by various countries. Did these countries or organizations that were "grouped together " come up with the type and style of fireworks and how the fireworks would be displayed.. or was it simply to let some firework expert set it up for them? Also, were the fireworks set-off with remotes? I didn't see anyone running around on the barges with torches setting zillions of explosives off...

I don't understand how the different firework sessions/ displays "competed" against the other sessions. Most of the firework displays were financially (I guess) supported by various countries. Did these countries or organizations that were "grouped together " come up with the type and style of fireworks and how the fireworks would be displayed.. or was it simply to let some firework expert set it up for them? Also, were the fireworks set-off with remotes? I didn't see anyone running around on the barges with torches setting zillions of explosives off...

All these big displays are set off using computer controlled detonation these days, they can be set off in time to music and such like, no light the blue touch paper and run like f&*k now!!

There was a recent one in the news where a computer malfunction caused a whole display to go off in 11 seconds!!blink.gif

Here is my video from the event, includes also 2 min of the feeling around beach road before the firework. Same if you were there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMAEm8CNIM

Don't forget to like me to receive updates in your facebook: http://fb.com/GoPattaya

Of course more picture posted on FB too.

post-105564-0-89751100-1324210437_thumb.

post-105564-0-46389600-1324210448_thumb.

post-105564-0-57602200-1324210460_thumb.

post-105564-0-91863900-1324210477_thumb.

Edited by nikkoid66

Yes I also felt the 2nd night was better. On the first night we were further away on the beach, so although I think the music played over the p.a. speakers along the beach footpath, it was much better on the second night when we were much closer to the main stage with the big music speakers. The fireworks too seemed better to me on the second night, but both nights were good.

We have a few hundred shots from the 2 days of fireworks, all with varying levels of success/failure. Not sure if their are any money shots, would be nice to think there were. Unlike the first day, where the fireworks were released from the main big boat, on the second day many were released on the 2 smaller boats either side of the big boat. As can be seen in example photo 4 and 5, a rookie mistake of trying to squeeze everything into one shot, which failed. A bit disappointed with photo 5 that has the fireworks that looks like palm trees, if only we had a wider lens was use, never mind. Several shots on then realising that mistake, flipped the camera on it's side and just got one set of the two fireworks which worked out better under the circumstances. I won't bore you with all the other mistakes, but fortunately we got some reasonably good shots too. I'll probably post some later on.

Near the end there was a heart shaped fireworks, which I couldn't get as the camera was still processing a previous shot. However I did get the same heart fireworks from Bali High Pier on the King's Birthday, see included.

We had no problems during the event or even getting there, and there was a lot of people there to see the fireworks. Well done Pattaya.

post-105888-0-00554300-1324225354_thumb.