Manhunt Launched For American Martial Arts Brawler Junie Browning: Phuket

webfact

Manhunt launched for Phuket MMA brawler

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-11697UnphssHvbrbxtbduKQCDEsIpBv.jpg

An image of Junie Browning that appears on his Facebook page.

PHUKET: -- American Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Junie Browning is the subject of an island-wide manhunt following two brawls in Phuket on Sunday and his subsequent escape from Patong Hospital.

The manhunt was launched following local media reports that an unnamed American man had been involved in a brawl at a bar in Karon.

The man then continued fighting with several foes at Patong Hospital, where all the people involved in the fracas had been sent for treatment. He later escaped the facility and has not been seen since.

The identity of the man has now been confirmed as Junie Allen Browning, a 27-year-old originally from Lexington in the US state of Kentucky.

Tianchai Duangsuwan of the Chalong Police told the Gazette this morning, “We have searched everywhere, but we still haven’t found him. I have heard that he was at one boxing stadium in Chalong, but we couldn't find him there.”

The search has now been expanded outside of Chalong Police District, which covers the south of the island. Mr Browning’s Facebook page lists his current place of residence as Thalang, the district that covers the north.

Lt Tianchai confirmed that Immigration Police have been contacted and are closely monitoring Immigration checkpoints at both Phuket International Airport and the land checkpoint at Tah Chat Chai.

An MMA insider on the island told the Gazette that Mr Browning had an anger management problem that worsened considerably when he drank alcohol.

“This does not shock me at all. I was just waiting for him to screw up and get caught. It’s really too bad. When sober he can be a really nice guy, and he is a very talented fighter when he applies himself,” said the source.

Browning, who once appeared in the reality TV series The Ultimate Fighter, is known to have been in training at a long-established Muay Thai camp in Chalong. However, he has not appeared at the camp in months, a source there confirmed.

According to a report on the MMA Weekly website, Browning posted an update on his Facebook page after the alleged brawl.

“Wow what a helluva weekend,” wrote Browning “Some [expletive] named Sie Menzies and about 10 of his friends started a fight with me. I guess just to test a ‘UFC fighter guy’ at this [expletive] little bar in Karon, Thailand. Had a beer bottle and glass mug shattered on my head, then to make everything better, stabbed severely by some crazy Thai [expletive].

“On a positive note, I managed to break a few orbital bones, at least a couple jaws, and (left) some unconscious bodies laying on the ground before I blacked out from loss of blood and apparently had to be resuscitated in the ambulance. So, how was your weekend?”

Browning has run afoul of the law before, MMA Weekly reported.

In 2009, he was arrested after taking a handful of pills in an alleged suicide attempt, before assaulting several nurses at a local Las Vegas hospital.

The brawl in Karon also reportedly involved his attacking some female bar staff.

However, Browning adamantly denied this in his most recent Facebook posting, which reads:

“Apparently in the news they are saying their were women involved, that is 100% a croc of sh*t! The only women involved was a Thai women friend of theirs that sliced my forearm open with a 6-inch blade. At no point was any women involved. Even at the hospital I was nothing but polite to every member of their staff. Not until a little birdy told me that the person that hit me with the mug was in the next room did I explode. I immediately sprinted over there and knocked him unconscious with one blow. Phuket law enforcement are very corrupt and apparently the guys that jumped me know more people than I do. I have multiple stitches over my head and body, you don’t have to be [expletive] Stephen Hawkins to realize a women did not do this to me.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2011/article11697.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-12-14

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like your typical arshole. To bad the suicide attempt in 2009 was not successful.

Agreed. Just another piece of pond scum.

And Phuket is just the place for bottom feeders like this, god why do they let these types get a passport or pass on their DNA for that matter.

How come they never launch man hunts for the tuk tuk drivers? Well he better not fly home or go over the brdige. Best option die his hair and take the ferry to Trang.

The police only care because they lost face not because he hurt someone, especially tourist with tourist.

Pity he does not know about Privacy settings on FB.

Edited by MisterMan

unfortunately, Ive seen more and more of these guys, who sadly fall into my age group... they come out, get hammered, and because of their lack of control and sense of reality decide the world is against them and attack anyone that even looks at them sideways...

it has been particularly notocable the past few years, and ruined more than a few nights out with my friends. sadly that is the way it seems to be in the under 30 age bracket... thought it is only a minority they are noticed far more often than the majority...

Looks like your typical arshole. To bad the suicide attempt in 2009 was not successful.

yep ... but actually an atypical one. Very dangerous and needs to be put down, quickly.

Edited by TechnikaIII

How come they never launch man hunts for the tuk tuk drivers? Well he better not fly home or go over the brdige. Best option die his hair and take the ferry to Trang.

The police only care because they lost face not because he hurt someone, especially tourist with tourist.

They don't hide.

Obviously you have no respect for the folk who live at Trang.

If you want him to escape, do Thailand a favour and join him.

How come they never launch man hunts for the tuk tuk drivers? Well he better not fly home or go over the bridge. Best option die his hair and take the ferry to Trang.

Obviously you have no respect for the folk who live at Trang.

If you want him to escape, do Thailand a favour and join him.

Uh I think you missed the point! I was being sarcastic .. as the article stated they had alerts at 2 check points. Sort of like the whole Lee Adlehouse fiasco.. Besides who is to say he started it first? Sounds like he was certainly numbered and he wasnt the one with the knife was he.

So who is to say the other guy is not really the a*s hole here?

Just saying we don't really know do we?

"Some [expletive] named Sie and about 10 of his friends started a fight with me. I guess just to test a ‘UFC fighter guy’ at this [expletive] little bar in Karon, Thailand. Had a beer bottle and glass mug shattered on my head, then to make everything better, stabbed severely by some crazy Thai"

Edited by MisterMan

An actual man hunt was launched over a brawl with no deaths?????? This is a first. The police must think they are missing out on a big pay day here. Sounds to me like the chap was defending himself at the bar. Although, I can't say the same about the attack in the hospital. On another note, if you and your mates decide to attack me, don't consider yourself safe when I catch you alone, even if it is in a hospital bed.

My 10c

Sure it's most likely true about his anger management, having said that, but how often do you see

a group of "troublemakers" wanting to pick on / test someone? A big friend of mine used to often get picked

on so some here could prove themselfs, I used to bodybuild and often have armwrestling heroes approach me

and when declined start to get nasty.. If your a bit different its a chickenpen out there indeed..

Surely everybody has heard of or at least suspects Thai prisons are not much fun either.. I guess they forget

that when on the plonk.. and what about getting shot/stabbed properly?.. I shutup now.. blah blah..

From one of his Facebook page: Looks like he has a soft spot for nurses and is not the man he likes to think he is. "dam_n it sucks that he got fired from the ufc after his arrest and assult charges against nurses. He was a very good fighter and he could have done very well" Looks like he has a soft spot for nurses and is not the man he likes to think he is. When he is caught I hope he is dealt some serious justice.

Looks like another case of Yank bashing.

Isn't it clear? This poor emaciated country boy got mixed up with some bad-ass city dudes and had to give'm what for.

That mean ol' Thai girl, who wasn't involved except that she cut him, was not the focus of these attacks on this polite Yankee youth.

It's obvious, isn't it? Poor li'l country boy, just tryin' to get by.

I actually have the Ultimate Fighter reality TV series that this idiot was fighting on. He was completely out of control on the programme too. Everytime he got a bit of alcohol inside him he tried to fight everyone he was sharing the house with on the programme (FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON). Bad bad attitude, he needs a wake up call, Bangkok Hilton style :ph34r:

Hummmm, and the next thing we'll see is:

"PHUKET POLICE SHOOT & KILL CRAZED AMERICAN MMA FIGHTER"

Phuket police today were forced to shoot American MMA fighter, Junie Browning, after finally locating him hiding out with his girl friend, Suzie Feelgood, in a local 'love motel' on the island. Police state they tried to reason with the fighter, stating they only wanted to question him, but he suddenly became enraged and tried to attack all 10 of the police officers at once, which forced them to shoot him 27 times, as they feared for their lives. The police went on to say that after the shooting, they found 300 yaba tablets in the motel room, and conclude that Mr. Browning was "high" at the time of the attempted arrest, despite the denials of Ms. Feelgood that there were no drugs at all in the room, other than her birth control pills.

The body has been sent to the local hospital to determine the exact cause of death, and will be cremated in 2 days.

Ok, on a more serious note, no one can tell what a person is like when they are issued a passport, or an entry visa. No one carries cards around with them that says: "I'm stupid, reckless, short tempered and prone to violence", so there is no way for any government to tell. It's not until something such as this happens that we find out what type of individual the person is/was. Nor can anything really be done by authorities until the person does something such as this to attract their attention.

We don't know who actually started the fight, only that there was one, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions over that. Despite that, it would appear that this guy was a loose cannon with a short fuse. I guess the only good news out of this mess is that no one was critically injured or killed. I hope they find him, and are able to deal with him appropriately, but we'll see what happens.

(i deleted skyblustu's video post here to save re-posting. see bottom of page 1)

nice post!

90% of those guys were great. really cool. he deserved them not to be but they really didn't want to stoop to his level.

age old saying "if you CAN'T drink then DON'T drink"

Edited by Randee