Shoelaces

kuma

Where can you buy shoelaces in Pattaya - or Bkk for that matter.

Getting worried now, one pair of shoes out of action as laces are shot and I have never come across a shop that sells shoelaces... I have not gone on an intense hunt yet, but I thought that over three months of just regular getting around I would find some but have found none.

Looking for standard black laces, not lime green or some other trend lace - those i see from time to time on the street.

Cheers

I looked in because I thought the thread was about Haribo sweets - sorry.

To try and be constructive I would have thought that one of the shoe shops in Central Festival might have them. Failing that I would try Foodland or Friendship or one of the stalls on the left-hand side of 3rd road before Xzyte coming from Pattaya Tai.

NEVER seen them for sale. You would think shoe stores. Ha ha. They're something to bring back from trips abroad. Anyway, here is an idea. Sometimes I have run across rough shops selling USED sneakers. I never checked the laces, but either they might be good condition or replacements. If they are replacements you could ask the vendor where he gets them. Don't currently know of an existing used sneaker shop though but probably someone here does.

NEVER seen them for sale. You would think shoe stores. Ha ha. They're something to bring back from trips abroad.

Most shoe shops in Thailand probably dont bother selling them because shoes sold in Thailand rarely outlast the laces anyway.

There's probably a guy living on a tip somewhere who removes the (hardly used) laces from disintegrated Thai shoes and sells them back to the factory.

Thanks all for the comments - positive or not, it was entertaining.

Those who agree are in the know I figure, laces just are not to be easily had - pretty sure there are none in central festival (black dress) but would love to be proved wrong.

I also have some ropers with 13 eyelets per side that I need lases for - but I will for sue need to wait til I get home for those.

Cheers all for the replies

thanks for this topic, shoelaces - as funny as it sounds - are indeed one of the most difficult to obtain commodities in town. cool.gif

Thanks all for the comments - positive or not, it was entertaining.

Those who agree are in the know I figure, laces just are not to be easily had - pretty sure there are none in central festival (black dress) but would love to be proved wrong.

I also have some ropers with 13 eyelets per side that I need lases for - but I will for sue need to wait til I get home for those.

Cheers all for the replies

thanks for this topic, shoelaces - as funny as it sounds - are indeed one of the most difficult to obtain commodities in town. cool.gif

As I said before,the big sports shop on the higher floor in Central festival,has the laces for sports shoes as I bought them twice already.The same shop has a branch at royal garden as well.If I recall correctly they were about 30 baht.

The shoe department of Central itself had also laces but only the short ones,which I didn't need.

• 5 months later...

I spent half the day searching for shoe laces for my work shoes and had no luck. All I heard was "not hab". I bought the shoes (Timberline) in Central, but they do not carry any laces, which is really odd. My wife had one of her friends buy them at the night market tonight. The ones she purchased where purple. Guess I will be looking again tomorrow. Really amazing that you cannot find them easily.

In BKK, Chatuchak market sells them.

Good luck finding the stall that sells them.

Inquire at the information office and they'll draw a path for you on map you can take w/ you.