1263 Khun Yuam To Mae Na Chon

cornishcarlos

Parts of it are very rough with lots of potholes. We were in the truck when I ran into a couple BMWs and a KTM from Singapore on that road a few days ago and later on top of Doi Inthanon. They made it fine but complained about the condition. The last 20k up to the Inthanon road are very steep so it would be 1st gear on a Phantom. If you took it slow I guess you could find your way through the potholes. It is pretty and very remote so if you don’t mind the bad roads you could give it a try. Personally I would not do it on a Phantom but that doesn’t mean it is not doable.

I have a few pictures of the trip on my blog but no shots of the bad road. There are a couple of bike shots.

Edited by villagefarang

Thanks for that..

Think we are gonna continue south to Mai Saireng and miss out the 1263 :)

Happy days :)

Parts of it are very rough with lots of potholes. We were in the truck when I ran into a couple BMWs and a KTM from Singapore on that road a few days ago and later on top of Doi Inthanon. They made it fine but complained about the condition. The last 20k up to the Inthanon road are very steep so it would be 1st gear on a Phantom. If you took it slow I guess you could find your way through the potholes. It is pretty and very remote so if you don’t mind the bad roads you could give it a try. Personally I would not do it on a Phantom but that doesn’t mean it is not doable.

I have a few pictures of the trip on my blog but no shots of the bad road. There are a couple of bike shots.

We rode the 1263 a couple weeks ago and yeah, it's quite rough in spots, but overall it's a great road. Stunning views, very little traffic. At Phantom speeds I think you wouldn't have much trouble negotiating the rough spots.

Here we are at the junction of 1263 and 108-

384943_10151006674580710_508210709_22076333_89933425_n.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony :jap: