Web Check In For Air Asia

Latindancer

I am flying Air Asia and have nominated for a web check-in, which I have never done before. My current baggage weight allowance is 20 kg. I'd like to take more, but am not sure if I can upgrade my weight allowance. Is it possible ?

Where do I take my bag in Suvarnabhumi ? And when I do, will someone check my actual bag weight with my current allowance ? I will be sneaking heavy stuff on board in my cabin bag, of course. But I am wondering how much more than 20 kg I can get away with for my checked bag.

^when I was at the airport last Saturday ALL counters were for 'bag drop' so there aren't any separate luggage only counters anymore, only a separate counter for document check if you have no luggage.

But yes you can upgrade your luggage allowance when you do the web check-in online.

Yes, this is the advantage of web check-in, you can upgrade things like luggage allowance and still get the cheaper web rates. I did this in KL a few months back, added 5 kg of luggage for just RM10 (100 baht).

Do the web check-in, then you'll have to print it out (I had to save it to a flash drive then go to an internet place for the printout), then at the airport just go right up to the counter.

I believe Air Asia are now charging you 100 baht if you do NOT check in online - any way to gouge you! Don't get me wrong they are good value but I hate the website trying to scrape money out of you on every page - just tell me the real <deleted> price at the start. I will pay it but do not need the BS of navigating your site.

I believe Air Asia are now charging you 100 baht if you do NOT check in online - any way to gouge you! Don't get me wrong they are good value but I hate the website trying to scrape money out of you on every page - just tell me the real <deleted> price at the start. I will pay it but do not need the BS of navigating your site.

Your belief is totally incorrect, you obviously have not flown Air Asia recently.

OF COURSE they charge 100 Baht extra for all bookings made after 2oth of September or so.......

it seems it is PATTAYAPARENT who hasn't flown FD or AK lately.

or he / she made his / her booking before 20th of September and doesn't know of the changes.

But there is already a new one:

since YESTERDAY, 22nd of Dec. they have again ABOLISHED the counter check-in fee for INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.

See this:

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/latestnews/check-in-fee-abolished.page

It has not actively been announced on the Thailand version of AK/FD's website yet.

the web-check in fee will remain for all domestic flights, though.

For the OP:

You can add additional luggae at reasonable cost, when you click on the "manage my booking" button.

Up to 30 KG, me thinks.

Do NOT EXPECT to be allowed to check-.in 33 KG or so, if you pay for 30 !

they are - as are all budget carriers worldwide - strict when it comes to check-in luggage.

HAND LUGGAGE:

If your carry-on-luggage looks to big or bulky, they may as well check the size and weight (some budget airlines ALWAYS do that - even some major carrier such as EVA, PAL, Qatar, LH at least when checking in in KUL).

So pack all SMALL BUT HEAVY things in your carry-on, or - even better - give it to somebody before checking in so they don't even get to see it. If you are traveling alone, you may even consider to leave it at the LEFT LUGGAGE COUNTER and reclaim it shortly after you performed your check-in / Baggage-drop. That is what I sometimes did in my home country when traveling on a very strict airline.

That may cost a few Baht but is definitely cheaper than to pay over the top for excess-luggage. there is a very efficient and centrally located left-luggage counter at BKK's check-in hall.

Always be prepared for the worst

OF COURSE they charge 100 Baht extra for all bookings made after 2oth of September or so.......

it seems it is PATTAYAPARENT who hasn't flown FD or AK lately.

or he / she made his / her booking before 20th of September and doesn't know of the changes.

But there is already a new one:

since YESTERDAY, 22nd of Dec. they have again ABOLISHED the counter check-in fee for INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.

See this:

http://www.airasia.c...-abolished.page

It has not actively been announced on the Thailand version of AK/FD's website yet.

the web-check in fee will remain for all domestic flights, though.

For the OP:

You can add additional luggae at reasonable cost, when you click on the "manage my booking" button.

Up to 30 KG, me thinks.

Do NOT EXPECT to be allowed to check-.in 33 KG or so, if you pay for 30 !

they are - as are all budget carriers worldwide - strict when it comes to check-in luggage.

HAND LUGGAGE:

If your carry-on-luggage looks to big or bulky, they may as well check the size and weight (some budget airlines ALWAYS do that - even some major carrier such as EVA, PAL, Qatar, LH at least when checking in in KUL).

So pack all SMALL BUT HEAVY things in your carry-on, or - even better - give it to somebody before checking in so they don't even get to see it. If you are traveling alone, you may even consider to leave it at the LEFT LUGGAGE COUNTER and reclaim it shortly after you performed your check-in / Baggage-drop. That is what I sometimes did in my home country when traveling on a very strict airline.

That may cost a few Baht but is definitely cheaper than to pay over the top for excess-luggage. there is a very efficient and centrally located left-luggage counter at BKK's check-in hall.

Always be prepared for the worst

Another internet 'expert' with an axe to grind who has obviously never flown Air Asia