Todays Traffic Jam / Roads Closed

luudee

Was driving north pattaya road, and they made the entire thing

one way today (Dec 16).

Whats going on ?

Is there a pattaya city web site that has traffic info ?

E.g. what streets are scheduled to be closed on what dates ?

Or is this to much to expectfor this wonderful place ?

Thanks,

rudi

Edited by luudee

Not too bad...just returned from Naklua via North to the Farside via NPW...took about 20 mins. Both directions of North Pattaya Road have been made one-way going towards Sukhumvit (east), with the 2 left lanes (north-side) forced to make a left at Sukhumvit and the 2 right lanes (south-side) forced to make a right at Sukhumvit (you can make your lane selection at either the Dolphin roundabout or 3rd Road.

My assumption is that Central Road has been made one-way heading towards the beach (can anyone confirm this)? Though, on New Years last, it was made one-way going towards Sukhumvit. Maybe only South/Tai is one-way towards the beach and Central and North one-way going away.

Not too bad...just returned from Naklua via North to the Farside via NPW...took about 20 mins. Both directions of North Pattaya Road have been made one-way going towards Sukhumvit (east), with the 2 left lanes (north-side) forced to make a left at Sukhumvit and the 2 right lanes (south-side) forced to make a right at Sukhumvit (you can make your lane selection at either the Dolphin roundabout or 3rd Road.

My assumption is that Central Road has been made one-way heading towards the beach (can anyone confirm this)? Though, on New Years last, it was made one-way going towards Sukhumvit. Maybe only South/Tai is one-way towards the beach and Central and North one-way going away.

If you look at the map supplied on another thread Central goes both ways and Tai only towards the beach as far as second road, when you are forced into a right turn towards central road.

Edited by RabC

Everything was made more difficult than it might have been as a member of the Thai Royal family was in town tonight.

Additionally, the nationwide Police Commissioner was down from Bangkok, visiting Banglamung Police Station and perhaps elsewhere.

Formalities for both visitors created special events and motorcade routes.

Having said that, I do not expect tomorrow afternoon and evening to be much better.

i pulled out a supermarket car park at 5pm, no signs turned right as no signs to inicate anything was differnt, instant stop and confiscation of licence, god knows who drew up this traffic contol situation. BIB can keep it i will use international, talk about could not organise a piss up in a brewery.

did notice the other day in police car park 7 brand new cbr bikes all decked out ready for action. wonder where the cash came from for them. all red, suprisibly enough.

Edited by marstons

I was in Pattaya last Wednesday and Thursday with the option to extend through the weekend. As soon as I saw those vendors tents going up on the beach side of Beach Road and mention of fireworks, I got the hell out of there on Friday morning. The usual parking spot on Soi 12 was chockers at 5pm Thursday and the usual alternate at Thip Plaza... well bugger me, if they have turned that into another avenue of stalls selling sh!te and dodgy food. I mean there's never been any decent parking along Beach and Second for years so why on earth close the last parking options so more rubbish can be touted to the less interested?

Now if they only could put a sign of these enforcements at the entrance of the lanes,that would make driving a bit easier.

Or if they could announce the entrance block of north pattaya road just a few hundred meters ahead,it would ease the traffic on sukhumvith