Thaksin Passport Takes Us Out Of The Water, Into The Fire:

Lite Beer

If the issuance and continuing possession of a passport was based on not having a criminal record then 50% of the farang population of Thailand would not be in the country.

It's not about the criminal record. It's about being on the run.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows that only one side of the story is allowed to be told in Thailand, no?

The Nation tells it.

Shocking that some read that stuff and believe it.

Check out the banned information then form an educated opinion on the situation.

Here is a test:

Who ordered the 2006 coup?

If the issuance and continuing possession of a passport was based on not having a criminal record then 50% of the farang population of Thailand would not be in the country.

The legally elected PM gets thrown out by the Army, run thru a politicized court filled with Thaksin enemies,, then take his money.

Now he is a FUGITIVE.

What about the Army and their illegal coup? The Airport occupiers. The yellow shirts that shot the cops and ransacked Gov House?

Why are they not being held for their crimes..

O yea..they gave themselves amnesty...

All this talk of Civil War, I cerntainly hope there isnt one. Simply Thaksin has a passport and it maybe wrong. But if we keep talking Civil War and agrovating everyone at this point, this is where it will lead. Here is to thinking peace in TIT.

caribbeanman--#75

Because majority of TVF posters are seemingly anti government, isn't it telling you something, there are a vast lot of different posters from many nationalities here, and to your way of thinking along with a smuttering of others think most are ganging together. WRONG, to my mind posters are usually seeing what is unfolding in LOS, looking at the problems head on and constructive criticism is healthy, my attitude is calling a spade a spade-being honest,open about subjects. If you cannot see there is something horribly wrong here, I dont understand. Trying to find the good points from this regime-and it is getting there-is difficult.

You are quite entitled to Have Your Say........BUT if all is good here say it, not get back at posters who think it's wrong.

The funny thing is that i still have said nothing, and still you guys are putting words in my mouth that i have said not, so let's make a point clear, i don't care about Thai politics, i think that it is up to Thai people to find solutions for their owns problems, and yes , if Thaksin comes back, i don't care, if he stays in Dubai i don't care, the only to things that i care about are: my family and my business the rest..........biggrin.gif, for me this forum is just a joke, a place to get fun, nothing morecool.gif

Edited by caribbeanman

The legally elected PM gets thrown out by the Army, run thru a politicized court filled with Thaksin enemies,, then take his money.

Now he is a FUGITIVE.

What about the Army and their illegal coup? The Airport occupiers. The yellow shirts that shot the cops and ransacked Gov House?

He wasn't legally elected when the coup occurred. Legally, he wasn't even PM.

Now he is a FUGITIVE.

And his two year sentence to jail was for abuse of power, a serious law which have been on the statute books of Thailand for decades and are the same laws which exist in almost every country in the world. His abuse of power conviction had nothing whatever to do with the current political matters, and the case was heard and he was convicted and sentenced to two years jail during the tenure of a thaksin puttet pm.

And it's true that anybody who has committed a crime, no matter what their allegiances are, should be subject to standard judicial processes, and for your enlightenment pauljones many yellow shirt folks have been charged, many trials have been completed and many are in process of trial now.

Dear pauljones, you have tried all these same comments many times before (and many other red apologists also), the solid facts (repeat solid facts) of the matter have been posted numerous time which prove your argument is based on total untruths, and therefore totally cancel your argument. But you keep posting the same stuff. Why?

Edited by scorecard

All this talk of Civil War, I cerntainly hope there isnt one. Simply Thaksin has a passport and it maybe wrong. But if we keep talking Civil War and agrovating everyone at this point, this is where it will lead. Here is to thinking peace in TIT.

There won't be a civil war. There may be a some ugly protests, some people dying, but Thais aren't going to form armies and systematically kill each other over Thaksin.

With or without a passport, T can just show up in Thailand and continue grandstanding and being divisive. No one will dare arrest him. His sister will smile and acquiesque. His lap dog Chalerm will huff and puff and do nothing tangible, as usual. Come on back Mr. ex-caretaker PM. You want your mug in the newspapers everyday - what better way to ensure that? Come on, Mr. 'I'm thru with politics' Thaksin. It's not good enough for you to hire thugs to riot from afar, which you've already done several times - you want to come to Thailand and mastermind the riots in situ, as you masterminded the botched trucking of Muslim demonstrators in the South.

from the OP:

Last but not least, why did Surapong say just over a week ago that he "will" give Thaksin back his passport as a New Year or even Christmas gift? Why did he use the future tense when talking about something that he had already done?

The writer puts it a lot more nicely than I would. It's lying, plain and simple. Who is surprised? Remember PT's motto; "Thaksin Thinks, Puea Thai Acts." ....still true.

PT party cannot help but lie. Their guru lies every time he makes a statement. His lawyers are even worse, if that's possible.

In case anyone is still being successfully flicked by PT's forked tongue, let me clue you in: Yingluck, Chalerm, the FM and everyone in PT party and all the Reds want one thing more than any other: THEY WANT THAKSIN BACK IN THE PM's CHAIR. and they want it to happen a.s.a.p. If that ship of fools deny it, then it's simply one added lie - mai pen rai. As long as the sheeple of Thailand believe it, that's all that counts for them. Thaitanic, here we come.

Or put it another way, the scaly members of the 'pt get rich quick pyramid club' want the leader back because the leader can generate more unscrupulous no morals get rich quick opportunities.

Edited by scorecard

caribbeanman--#75

Because majority of TVF posters are seemingly anti government, isn't it telling you something, there are a vast lot of different posters from many nationalities here, and to your way of thinking along with a smuttering of others think most are ganging together. WRONG, to my mind posters are usually seeing what is unfolding in LOS, looking at the problems head on and constructive criticism is healthy, my attitude is calling a spade a spade-being honest,open about subjects. If you cannot see there is something horribly wrong here, I dont understand. Trying to find the good points from this regime-and it is getting there-is difficult.

You are quite entitled to Have Your Say........BUT if all is good here say it, not get back at posters who think it's wrong.

The funny thing is that i still have said nothing, and still you guys are putting words in my mouth that i have said not, so let's make a point clear, i don't care about Thai politics, i think that it is up to Thai people to find solutions for their owns problems, and yes , if Thaksin comes back, i don't care, if he stays in Dubai i don't care, the only to things that i care about are: my family and my business the rest..........biggrin.gif, for me this forum is just a joke, a place to get fun, nothing morecool.gif

The only thing you care about is your family and business-well thats not a bad thing, a little self centered.

You also do not care about politics here, you will when it affects your business SURE. How crazy for you to comment on TVF as just a joke, it's a source of learning, exchanging views, and of course there are some extreme posters, but in general it's informative.

Thailand has to sort it's own problems, agreed but that could affect you. If you think TVF is such a joke, don't post surely you could use the valuable time with your business, instead of your short remarks about posters comments, that tend to be-in your words "" less fertile'' The Thaksin family related matters are important if you live here, especially for business posters.

Dear pauljones, you have tried all these same comments many times before (and many other red apologists also), the solid facts (repeat solid facts) of the matter have been posted numerous time which prove your argument is based on total untruths, and therefore totally cancel your argument. But you keep posting the same stuff. Why?

Because it's the only drum they have to bang..... and they haven't worked out yet or will not admit that even that drum is fake.

Because it's the only drum they have to bang..... and they haven't worked out yet or will not admit that even that drum is fake.

Just to add, what tends to dribble from their mouths and actions give one feeling they are on local Laos whiskey. is pauljones for real? has he just arrived and has been told the wrong stories?? amazing.

At the moment, I cannot think of a single former Head of State in a democracy who has served time in jail ...

You are so cute...

Alberto Fujimori?

Katsav?

And that is only from the last years.

How touching, ...

Fujimori, that is a bit of a stretch, but technically, correct.

on 5 April 1992, Fujimori with the support of the military carried out a presidential coup,[43] also known as the autogolpe (auto-coup or self-coup) or Fujigolpe (Fuji-coup) in Peru. He shut down Congress, suspended the constitution, and purged the judiciary.[

Is your question re heads of state a Freudian slip? Thaksin may well aspire to the title but has not yet, and hopefully never will, achieved it.

Ad Chen Shui-bian to the list, along with his wife for good measure.

Perhaps you would like to look at the number of democratic ex-PMs gaoled as more relevant. Tymoshenko and Rao come to mind without a google.

Now he is a FUGITIVE.

And his two year sentence to jail was for abuse of power, a serious law which have been on the statute books of Thailand for decades and are the same laws which exist in almost every country in the world. His abuse of power conviction had nothing whatever to do with the current political matters, and the case was heard and he was convicted and sentenced to two years jail during the tenure of a thaksin puttet pm.

And it's true that anybody who has committed a crime, no matter what their allegiances are, should be subject to standard judicial processes, and for your enlightenment pauljones many yellow shirt folks have been charged, many trials have been completed and many are in process of trial now.

Einstein had something to say about repeating the same unsuccessful process.

You are so cute...

Alberto Fujimori?

Katsav?

And that is only from the last years.

How touching, ...

on 5 April 1992, Fujimori with the support of the military carried out a presidential coup,[43] also known as the autogolpe (auto-coup or self-coup) or Fujigolpe (Fuji-coup) in Peru. He shut down Congress, suspended the constitution, and purged the judiciary.[

Is your question re heads of state a Freudian slip? Thaksin may well aspire to the title but has not yet, and hopefully never will, achieved it.

Ad Chen Shui-bian to the list, along with his wife for good measure.

Perhaps you would like to look at the number of democratic ex-PMs gaoled as more relevant. Tymoshenko and Rao come to mind without a google.

Just meaning the obvious, elected heads of state, not meaning kings and queens.

I just made a 1000 baht bet with my friend that Thaksin will be back in Thailand within two months. Will I win or lose ??

I am sure you will win.

Thaksin is a incorrigible lier.

When he said he would be back this december, it diden´t got me worried.

No he says " I wont be back any time soon"Now it´s time to worry.

As an American this may be a difficult concept to you, but many republics have a president as head of state and a PM as head of government. Their roles are quite different.

I repeat emphatically, Thaksin has never been a head of state.

And since he was later an elected president it is, as you so subtle put it, technically correct to bring him up. In any way, two quick examples, from only the recent years, of it happening. So...read more newspapers?

As an American this may be a difficult concept to you, but many republics have a president as head of state and a PM as head of government. Their roles are quite different.

The US has just a president, France has a President/PM, Germany has a Chancellor / President. All different configurations and different relations to power/responsibilities.

It is not that hard to understand. Nor, I think, was my post that hard to understand.

caribbeanman--#75

The only thing you care about is your family and business-well thats not a bad thing, a little self centered.

You also do not care about politics here, you will when it affects your business SURE. How crazy for you to comment on TVF as just a joke, it's a source of learning, exchanging views, and of course there are some extreme posters, but in general it's informative.

Thailand has to sort it's own problems, agreed but that could affect you. If you think TVF is such a joke, don't post surely you could use the valuable time with your business, instead of your short remarks about posters comments, that tend to be-in your words "" less fertile'' The Thaksin family related matters are important if you live here, especially for business posters.

I live here , i am a Thai citizen as well, and i don't care if Thaksin comes or not , as i told you, what i care about is if people has jobs , food and opportunities, the rest , i don't care, and please , take care of your own business , i know very well what i am doing, and as i told you this forum is a joke, and you can think whatever you likebiggrin.gif

Edited by caribbeanman

The US has just a president, France has a President/PM, Germany has a Chancellor / President. All different configurations and different relations to power/responsibilities.

It is not that hard to understand. Nor, I think, was my post that hard to understand.

Not hard to understand, simply wrong. And while France combines head of state and government, Germany and Thailand do not. Germany has a Chancellor (equivalent of PM) AND a President (Christian Wulf) who is head of state. In Thailand that role is the King.

Comparing jailing Thaksin with heads of state is an erroneous comparison (for the last time). Jailing of PMs is much more common as the opportunity of corruption is much more readily available.

Not hard to understand, simply wrong. -snip-

like I said, simple to understand. As for being wrong, well I'll leave that up to you to decide...

Edited by tlansford

:whistling: This is just the beginning, the REVOLUTION is coming

Agreed. The yellow shirts/Army can't keep accepting the losses at the polls.

They always resort to violence.

How many people died during the 2006 coup? How many people died during the Red Shirts failed 2009 and 2010 insurrections to overthrow the government?

caribbeanman--#75

I live here , i am a Thai citizen as well, and i don't care if Thaksin comes or not , as i told you, what i care about is if people has jobs , food and opportunities, the rest , i don't care, and please , take care of your own business , i know very well what i am doing, and as i told you this forum is a joke, and you can think whatever you likebiggrin.gif

Some of this post is how I see things, but your attitude towards other peoples comments stink, you told me to mind my own business, Ha when you were the one to throw your business into a conversation, get off forum if you don't like it, why the hell are you posting??? how can your people have freedom, opportunities, with a gang of thugs and a dictatorial government in control. your the joke. And may I remind you you were the one that said forum is a joke -90 % are a joke and your not?

Now he is a FUGITIVE.

*yawn*

just how many errors can you include in one post?

:coffee1: