Dreambox In Chiang Mai

davehowden

silly question, but what use is a dreambox now? what satellites do you expect to pick up?

I threw one out last week!!

There are plenty of satellites you can pick up legally with a Dreambox. Of course not many of them have anything interesting to watch for a westerner.

To answer the OP........the going rate for a programed dreambox here in CM is roughly 7,500thb, but if you want to make the trip up to Maesai, you'll find the same dreambox for 1,500, but you have to get it programed and then you need hardware [satelite dish etc].

That's a lot.. I paid 2500 I think; in Chiang Mai. Programmed of course, and they provide good service for 250 baht per month. (I know you can find a bit cheaper, but I'm happy with these people)

My info may be dated and wouldn't be surprised if the price has gone down. The figures that I mentioned were from 3 or 4 years ago.

silly question, but what use is a dreambox now? what satellites do you expect to pick up?

Is there something that we dream box users don't know? I pick up all the True Vision Channels.

until truevisons block everyone in the near future now they are changing all their boxes free of charge so that they can jam the signal to dreambox. Enjoy Thai Tv or pay for the real thing you tight git :D

until truevisons block everyone in the near future now they are changing all their boxes free of charge so that they can jam the signal to dreambox. Enjoy Thai Tv or pay for the real thing you tight git :D

Doomsters have been around for years claiming that Turd Visions will jam signals, sadly that's not quite the way is works. They cannot "jam" a signal to a dream box, all they can do is up their encryption level of their transmitted signal.

The going rate for a Dreambox in Chnaigmai is as mentioned by WTK 2000-2500 for full installation, and 200 baht a month, excluding a sat dish, which you can pick up from Niom Panich for 400 baht . The majority of my soi is running Dreamboxes, and have no trouble.

Is there something that we dream box users don't know? I pick up all the True Vision Channels.

Tight git ....who meeeeeeee! ...... Nah! True Vision......more like untrue vision direct from the company..whistling.gif