Picassa Alternatives?

dddave

finding a program to do the other stuff (organize, edit, etc...) is easy imo...but i don't know of another program that can use gmail to easily email edited photos at a chosen resolution... love that. even brings up your gmail contacts in the "to:" field by typing their name or just part of their email address...

i'm not sure what you mean by it sharing with everything... there's the option to do that, and if you have it set up to automatically sync with web albums, yes it will do that to, but otherwise it shouldn't share with anything unless you tell it to.

regarding folders/albums, you can make your own albums made up of pictures from other folders, but i don't believe it physically moves the picture. the folder is where the physical picture resides...the album is a grouping of pictures from different folders (or a single folder if you choose)... not sure if that clarifies things or not...but perhaps this is where confusion regarding placement is happening (difference between albums and folders)

It only deletes if you ask it to do so - I do not ask and it does not do so.

You can actually set the default to be deletion without confirmation, but of course it is still optional.

Personally I think it makes much more sense to erase the card automatically each time you download the photos as then you always have a blank card and your photos are always filed in the correct folder.