N> Suggestion Cheap House To Build

Judia

Hi Everyone^^

Would anyone know what type of house would be the cheapest to build in Thailand? I'm currently living oversea thinking of moving back to Thailand, Nan City in a few years time. My budget is around 800,000 -1mil barth would that be enough to build a house in Thailand? Any suggestion?

Thanks much appreciate ^^

Edited by Judia

The cheapest way to build a house in Thailand is to know what you want and can effectively translate that to the local folks that build houses. For you, that will entail a LOT of research on this forum and others to decide how you proceed. For your local gf/wife needs to check out who can do what. The more YOU put into it will be the best result.

For that budget, up north, you should be able to build a nice house.

It all depends what you think is a nice house though! :)

As the above post mentions, lots of research and the more input you have, the better it will be.

Or, you could just build a house that's exactly the same as all the other houses your chosen builder has built, depends what you want. :)

In the Sukhothai area a guy from Holland last year, had a two bedroom bungalow built, 2 bathrooms 1 on suite 860,000 by a local recommended builder.

Here's some info from others that have posted not me, good stuff.

There are a couple of other sites in Thailand as well that have a lot of information on building in LOS.

These are freebeerforyorky and coolthaihouse.

Google them and you will find them.

And this one http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/index.html

http://www.quikrete.com/PDFs/Projects/ConcreteFoundations.pdf

http://www.mahaphant...or.jsp?prdid=55 roof sheets

Mine is around 650k now .

P1010897.jpg

P1010671.jpg

I consider it medium . You can get a lot cheaper depending on what you want and where and how you want to do it .

Hire a company to do everything and you do pay lot more then needed .

A decent house small size can be build for about 250k i guess . More luxury and bigger then the price rises and it does go up quite steep .

Remember difficult shapes makes building harder and does cost more . Windows and doors are more expensive then walls . Steel is expensive so lightweight does save on roofstructure ( you would be surprised how big part of the houseprice goes in that ) . And last but not least , tiles can go from around 180 baht /sqm to 1000 and more /sqm ( grade A ) .

Thais build houses from about 80k up , but as a falang most would not life inside as it is considered not finished and without any luxury ( meaning no tiles or grade B or C , no paint , no ceiling , no running water ... ) .

Mine is around 650k now .

P1010897.jpg

P1010671.jpg

nothing in Thailand surprised me more or commanded more of my respect than what can be achieved by building homes. in the beginning i thought people are just pulling legs. in the meantime i realised that they are telling the truth.

The spotlights on the walls ( embedded in soffits ) are 1watt LEDs ( dichroid multi led , not single 1watt ) . They stay on all night and do not cost me anything on elec . They are available in Thailand , and are not expensive ( around 150 baht or less without fitting ) . They are fitted in standard halogen fittings ( no transfos or something like that ) .

The lights on the short posts are standard 5 watt energy saving CFL lights . They are not low voltage and contain nothing more then a brick inside , sandstone outside with on top a casted flower stone house ( there are many sizes and styles available ) . I ran a cable in pvc line and this fits inside the post . In the stone house i bought a standard screw socket ( about 25 baht worth )and turned in the light . No water can touch the socket if you are wondering ( unless you want to with pressure washer or something similar ) . The posts are estimate worth , 250 for stone house , less then 0.5m2 sandstone , a few bricks and cement , 25 baht fitting , and a less then 100baht lightbulb . So ...

250 + 150 ( sandstone + bricks + cement ) + 25 +100 = 525 baht each .

My elec bill is always around 300 till 500 baht a month .

Edited by sezze