Hyandai Oil Pressure Warning Lamp

chris5346

Dry Sumps were made for American Racers who can only go round in Circles . It Stops the Oil staying Hi Right Side .cheesy.gif.

Mercedes use it in some of their rides. All big HP drag cars use it, piston airplanes use it, etc etc. :)

The "famous" Honda CB 750 used it....

Dry Sumps were made for American Racers who can only go round in Circles . It Stops the Oil staying Hi Right Side .cheesy.gif.

Mercedes use it in some of their rides. All big HP drag cars use it, piston airplanes use it, etc etc. :)

The "famous" Honda CB 750 used it....

Wow, didn't know that. :huh:

Hope Warpy doesn't now say his Polo has it. :lol:

Edited by transam

I'll concede that my numbers for this case are too high as I mindlessly did not take into account and over looked the engines age.

A drop in pressure would not be a significant problem unless it occurs at all RPMs and is in the very low range, (I.E consistently under 15 to 20 lbs even at high revs..

I wonder however if T/A will ever be able to admit he's mistaken on a given topic like I'm able to do :whistling: ...

The rest of my posts stand as they are though where applicable, the facts are relevant and sorry to hear of your engine woes T/A I have to say I can't relate as I've NEVER blown a single engine in more then 20 years of racing and many of those being endurance races whether I built the engine or someone else did.

Conversely you'll never be able to relate to how difficult that is to accomplish though given the numerous opportunities to do so in a single lap..

^ Couldn't be arsed to clean up your crap quoting again, always makes me wonder how one could claim so much knowledge about something technical like cars and not even be able to properly use the quote function and not see the ironic contradiction in that. Suffice it to say it's more rubbish, JFYI I didn't even read your post I just answered same as you don't read mine..

Actually my VW's used to get as much as 90 when refurbished and would blow the clean out plug out of the hole so we used to tap them and screw in a plug,my Acura engines used to get as much 60.. Stock engines though a bit more stock then average.

It's really bad Netiquette to point out my use of a PC or spelling for that matter, really shows the reader you have lost the argument, but you've done it before so no probs here. No point in me trying to explain oil feed stuff to you any further as you do not like being taught something by someone like me who has built engines and understands how stuff works and how to improve it, and raced it.. :)

Sooooooooo, adios

What incredible hypocrisy you lecturing someone on forum netiquette, who calls you on your crap quoting. What is poor netiquette as you put it, is expecting everyone else to clean up your crap quotes, it is very much a P-I-T-A to clean up your crap quotes and I might also add it's against the forum rules too..

JFYI You have nothing on building engines over me and I've done more then just race with mine I've set track records, won races and championships and run long term enduros as much as 24 hours at a time, not just "racing" with them in a straight line for a few seconds..

All that and you don't know how an oil pump works. :rolleyes:

But getting back to the OP then, you tell me why the red light comes on when the revs go perhaps below his factory idle speed and goes out when the revs increase slightly ?. Nooooooooooo, l will tell you, cos the bloody pump isn't spinning fast enough to create factory set oil pressure perhaps cos warn bearings or just really low revs, as the revs increase the pump spins faster raising the pressure above the sender low pressure setting and as the engine winds up then the pump makes more pressure needing the help of a pressure relief valve to stabilize it. at the factory max pressure for the ride. Easy stuff really Warps. :rolleyes:

Reminds me when I somehow managed to put the relief valve and spring in reverse order. I rolled to the burn out area and floored it. After 1 second the oil filter was blown and a conciderably amount of engine oil was spread on the starting area. Embarrasing to say the least. :D

Reminds me when I somehow managed to put the relief valve and spring in reverse order. I rolled to the burn out area and floored it. After 1 second the oil filter was blown and a conciderably amount of engine oil was spread on the starting area. Embarrasing to say the least. :D

Yes, l can imagine your new name from the crowd. :lol: