Uk Train Tickets

cmsally

Which is why if wishing to take the scenic route from Waterloo I think that it would be better to take the Railair bus from LHR to Woking station and join the Exeter train there.

Bus goes from the central bus station, which is easy to get to from T3, and it stops to pick up/drop off at T5. Bit of a pain if arriving at T4 as it doesn't stop there, but there is a free shuttle bus which will take you to the central bus station.

have to agree better to stay out of London and go to Woking.

The quickest, cheapest and most convenient if flying into LHR is Paddington to Exeter St Davids. The Wterloo route is indeed much more relaxed and a good wind down but you have to get to Waterloo. If you are on the tube, change at Leicester Square, you will have steps but then Waterloo looks more of an option, trains usually are about 20 past the hour out, chek the timetable on southwesttrains.co.uk.

Sorry mate but take the Bakerloo Line to Charing Cross then an overground train to Waterloo East or the Northern Line to Waterloo is the easiest option.

Sorry mate if you have luggage to move you need to have as few tseps as possible, one chnage on the tube at leicester square gives you the least steps ans Waterloo east is not Waterloo is it, it is across the road, so more steps and more distance, leicester square is the correct change if you are on the tube. I f you are Paddington, straight down on the Bakerloo to Waterloo, 3rd car from the front?

I repeat; you cannot get to Waterloo from Paddington via Leicester Square without at least two changes.

Well, one change if you go to Kings Cross and then walk to Euston, but as circle line trains no longer go in a circle but start and finish at Edgware Road you'd have to change there, so make that two. You could take the Hammersmith and City line to Kings Cross, but the Paddington stop for this is a long walk from the mainline station, with several stairs to negotiate.

To travel direct from Paddington to Waterloo you need to take the Bakerloo line.

standard-tube-map.pdf

Bit of a mis understanding here I think. If you are at Paddington, havings arrived on the Heathrow Express an wish to go to Exeter, you can go direct from Paddington to Exeter St Davids in 2 hours, or if you wish to go via the more scenic route from Waterloo jump on the Bakerloo direct to Waterloo.

If, however, you are coming into London on the tube from Heathrow (Picc Line) and want to travel via Waterloo to Exeter then you change at Leicester Square onto the Northern Line to go to Waterloo. If you want Paddington from the tube I would suggest Earls Court for the District line, there will be some steps to climb though.

Yes, if going Paddington to Exeter the best option is to take the Heathrow express to Paddington; this was explained several posts ago.

Why anyone would want to take the Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Central London is beyond me; it takes ages. But if you did and wanted Waterloo then changing at Piccadilly to the Bakerloo Line rather than to the Northern Line at Leicester Square would involve fewer stops and, I think, fewer escalators.

But if you did want to take the Waterloo to Exeter train then the best option is the bus from Heathrow to Woking and join the train there, or if you really want to go from Waterloo then Heathrow Express to Paddington and Bakerloo line from there to Waterloo.

Now, where's my anorak!

You would have to change to the Bakerloo at Green Park, which is not straight forward. The coach you mention sounds good and is indeed another good option, so how much is it and pray for no traffic problems. I am over 60 so tube travel for me is free!, journey time to Paddington or Waterloo from Heathrow I would allow 1 hour and 15 minutes although LU say 45 minutes to central London.

I was looking at booking a ticket from gatwick airport to Lincoln, the price was £24.50 but was routing me through London bridge, with a tube to kings cross, i managed to route via st pancras thereby loosing the tube trip still £24.50. so i looked at individual fares gatwick to st pancras £10.00, then kings cross to Lincoln £10.50 by booking separate fares a saving of £4.00