Curry Nights In Rimping

Raindancer

Over the past week or so I have ben sampling various items of this product. Tonight we had a curry night with some friends using this new product from Rimping. Excellent value for money, great aftertaste, creamy and full of meat in those products that claimed as such.

Some of the best Curries that I have tasted here in Chiang Mai. Great packaging and product information on the product sleeve that lives up to the claim of the manufacturer.

Far Better value, more content and taste than other products I have tried by many other people who have attempted to provide Curry products to the various retail outlets here in this city for consumption by Farangs..

I am not associated with the producer of this product, but just felt that I should pass on my good experience with the products I have tasted so far.

I will be back for more.

do not try the onion bhahji in the microwave. spot on in an oven, if you do not have one, give it a miss. all alse spot on.

Yes I agree..the oven with onion bhahji is the way to go...added to the mint sauce dish and sweet pickle sauce that he includes....just so tasty

So what's the brand name then?

I do love a good curry

"CURRY NIGHTS"... Excellent curry. You cannot miss them because their packaging stands out from al the rest. Looks good...tastes good Chok Di Thai Pauly.

Edited by Raindancer

"CURRY NIGHTS"... Excellent curry. You cannot miss them because their packaging stands out from al the rest. Looks good...tastes good Chok Di Thai Pauly.

Well, I can miss them. I looked in the Meechok Rimping ; no luck. I asked at the information desk ; nothing doing. So, are they a frozen product/a ready meal or do they come on the open shelves in a packet form?

"their packaging stands out from the rest".

In what way exactly? Is it bigger,yellower,circular,purpler,does it fly,talk,walk,sing carols,does it eye you seductively as you rummage through the products? Does it purr or whirr as you come closer? Please clarify. And which branch are you referring to?

By the way, I searched for this topic using the box at the top of this page inserting the words-- curry nights--and the engine did not locate this topic. So its clearly a difficult product to find. It's not only me.licklips.gif

Edited by Asmerom

<snip> By the way, I searched for this topic using the box at the top of this page inserting the words-- curry nights--and the engine did not locate this topic. So its clearly a difficult product to find. It's not only me.licklips.gif

Just tried using curry nights in the search box. Worked fine, found this topic.

Well, I can miss them. I looked in the Meechok Rimping ; no luck. I asked at the information desk ; nothing doing. So, are they a frozen product/a ready meal or do they come on the open shelves in a packet form?

"their packaging stands out from the rest".

In what way exactly? Is it bigger,yellower,circular,purpler,does it fly,talk,walk,sing carols,does it eye you seductively as you rummage through the products? Does it purr or whirr as you come closer? Please clarify. And which branch are you referring to?

By the way, I searched for this topic using the box at the top of this page inserting the words-- curry nights--and the engine did not locate this topic. So its clearly a difficult product to find. It's not only me.licklips.gif

I was referring to Riming at Raumchok Meechok Plaza. But when I spoke with the supervisor, she said that this product was available in ALL Rimping branches. They are in the frozen section under the fresh eggs shelf, with a sign above the freezer stating "CURRY NIGHTS". It is the penultimate aisle on your right before you each the deli section. As far as I can recall they are in the freezer about 2nd or third down on your left. As far singing carols, flying, talking or walking etc......I have no idea. violin.gif Good luck with your search. There are not that many freezers to choose from in that aisle.

Quote : Raindancer :

I was referring to Riming at Raumchok Meechok Plaza. But when I spoke with the supervisor, she said that this product was available in ALL Rimping branches. They are in the frozen section under the fresh eggs shelf, with a sign above the freezer stating "CURRY NIGHTS". It is the penultimate aisle on your right before you each the deli section. As far as I can recall they are in the freezer about 2nd or third down on your left. As far singing carols, flying, talking or walking etc......I have no idea. Good luck with your search. There are not that many freezers to choose from in that aisle.

Many thanks for those clear directions. I tried at the Riverside Branch with about six staff searching for it to no avail but the Meechok Branch is more convenient.Third time lucky.thumbsup.gif

Quote : Raindancer :

I was referring to Riming at Raumchok Meechok Plaza. But when I spoke with the supervisor, she said that this product was available in ALL Rimping branches. They are in the frozen section under the fresh eggs shelf, with a sign above the freezer stating "CURRY NIGHTS". It is the penultimate aisle on your right before you each the deli section. As far as I can recall they are in the freezer about 2nd or third down on your left. As far singing carols, flying, talking or walking etc......I have no idea. Good luck with your search. There are not that many freezers to choose from in that aisle.

Many thanks for those clear directions. I tried at the Riverside Branch with about six staff searching for it to no avail but the Meechok Branch is more convenient.Third time lucky.thumbsup.gif

Riverside still has the product....just a little more difficult to locate....maybe cos the staff do not know the product but TIT. Good luck with your search!!

<snip> By the way, I searched for this topic using the box at the top of this page inserting the words-- curry nights--and the engine did not locate this topic. So its clearly a difficult product to find. It's not only me.licklips.gif

Just tried using curry nights in the search box. Worked fine, found this topic.

That maybe because when you seached for "curry nights" the topic had been moved to the top of page1 by my post. I cannot make the searchbox at the top right of this page searching "forums" or "this forum" find a topic, say at the bottom of page two. Page 1 is OK.

No rice, but a good size portion. I had a chicken jalfriezei, but was unimpressed. I was expecting it to me "British Style" as per the packaging, but it is nowhere near as good as the hype IMHO

The onion bhajis were OK, but just OK.

Nim City branch stocks the brand, they are actually in the standing freezers, not the chest ones.

No rice, but a good size portion. I had a chicken jalfriezei, but was unimpressed. I was expecting it to me "British Style" as per the packaging, but it is nowhere near as good as the hype IMHO

The onion bhajis were OK, but just OK.

Nim City branch stocks the brand, they are actually in the standing freezers, not the chest ones.

No rice is good, but you,like me would probably like a real Brick Lane curry, which isn't going to happen. mellow.png How much are they?

I had a CTM last night it was 169thb but 350g of curry, no rice. I bought it in Rimping Ruam chok. Much nicer than Sausage Jockey's in my opinion. I will buy more of them with out doubt.

I knew someone would be fearless....cheers TM

I would have told you mate ,but I have only just seen your post

I like the 99B curry with the yellow sticker curry king.score 9/10 for taste and value.I will try CTM next but sounds a bit over priced with out rice ? What does CTM Stand for ?Is that the company /Brand name.

As it is now Britain's national dish, the abbreviation CTM will become more widely known internationally. wink.png

IMO opinion the curries with rice are overrated - get a small rice cooker and some Basmati rice to compliment the curry.

I like the 99B curry with the yellow sticker curry king.score 9/10 for taste and value.I will try CTM next but sounds a bit over priced with out rice ? What does CTM Stand for ?Is that the company /Brand name.

I think that if you compare the quality/price and the amount of meat content....you might change your brand. At least you do not have to send in the "Search and rescue team" to find some chicken that is not present in other products.

Also bought a "Curry Nights" Madras Chicken Curry.

Lots of meat and a very good taste - 85B.

Added my own rice.

Bought in Rimping at Nim City.

Despite what is posted above the are in the chest freezers, not the standing freezers.

Also, less than 100 baht.

There is another brand of curries in the upright freezers at about 200 baht, but that is not the brand the OP recommended.

I don't recommend it, either.

Hi Raindance the CTM curry is your brand right ? you seen very touched on all this forum about CTM brand ??? Do you sell Kebabs ??I will buy one tomorrow . David

Hi IEMDavid

If you read my original post and subsequent ones, you will note that nowhere do I talk about or quote "CTM". My original post was intended to pass on my good experience with this food for the benefit of others. I am also aware that not everyone has the same taste pallets. I am not the owner, nor am I associated with the provider/producer of this product.

As I said the curry brand is called "Curry NIghts". I trust that clarifies the position and the brand name.

Over the past week or so I have ben sampling various items of this product. Tonight we had a curry night with some friends using this new product from Rimping. Excellent value for money, great aftertaste, creamy and full of meat in those products that claimed as such.

Some of the best Curries that I have tasted here in Chiang Mai. Great packaging and product information on the product sleeve that lives up to the claim of the manufacturer.

Far Better value, more content and taste than other products I have tried by many other people who have attempted to provide Curry products to the various retail outlets here in this city for consumption by Farangs..

I am not associated with the producer of this product, but just felt that I should pass on my good experience with the products I have tasted so far.

I will be back for more.

Agreed, very nice curries indeed.