Cm Android Expert

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

Has anyone found a good resource in CM for asking questions about the Android OS? I've got a Samsung Galaxy and have been using it for a couple of months. It basically works but there are some performance and organizational issues I would like to discuss with someone knowledgeable.

i won't claim to be an "expert" but i have used galaxy tab for over 6 months now and i am very computer literate in general... my wife (thai) is a monster on the thing... she uses xda forum like a pro, used to hack her own cell phones in USA and she has made the tab very comfortable and easy to use for both of us.

If you want to give it a shot, PM me and we can chat/get together, no problem.

I'm basically in the same position.....I have my first smart phone [a Samsung galaxy cooper/ace] and am finding that it is to smart for me, or I'm too stupid for it. Trying to get support from the many shops that I have tried here in CM is impossible with language problems and I hope that the android forum posted will be of some help for a dummie.

I was having a bit of a benha with my android at first and a few people recommended I visit a shop called 'Mor Ananadrad' (Doctor Ananadrad). If I jam dai it's on the 3rd floor of Centran Gad suan KEAW. Consultations are free but I think there is a small charge if he prescribes any apps.

jap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

do a search on google - "android 2.2 help" (If you have the Cooper model, then it's version 2.2, not the newer 2.3) One of the search results is a downloadable google file on how to use android 2.2. It will also show you help forums. There is a "how to" on the phone also. Go to "Settings", then go to "About Phone" then go to "System tutorial"

I've had mine for about 9 months now. Love it. Much better than Apple. I still find small things by accident I didn't know.

do a search on google - "android 2.2 help" (If you have the Cooper model, then it's version 2.2, not the newer 2.3) One of the search results is a downloadable google file on how to use android 2.2. It will also show you help forums. There is a "how to" on the phone also. Go to "Settings", then go to "About Phone" then go to "System tutorial"

I've had mine for about 9 months now. Love it. Much better than Apple. I still find small things by accident I didn't know.

A couple of quick questions on my galaxy cooper/ace....

can the OS be upgraded and is it worth doing it??

and is there a function on the phone that will allow me to leave a message and receive a voice mail reply?? I asked at DETAC and they do have that service, but admit that it doesn't work too good and the caller is charged by the minute for the message they leave.

thanks in advance.....

i won't claim to be an "expert" but i have used galaxy tab for over 6 months now and i am very computer literate in general... my wife (thai) is a monster on the thing... she uses xda forum like a pro, used to hack her own cell phones in USA and she has made the tab very comfortable and easy to use for both of us.

If you want to give it a shot, PM me and we can chat/get together, no problem.

temptingly dangerous!!