Thailand Will Only Reunite If The Reds Are Disbanded, Abhisit Says

webfact

. He had no choice. Killing 91 people was a tiny price to pay for the havoc they reaped. .
Holy Cow...clap2.gif
Absolutely correct. It should have happened much sooner. Two weeks should have been all the time allowed. Many are apologists for the disrupters of society. There is only so much anarchy that should be allowed, and that is all the red shirt protests were.
91 deaths was the price the reds had to pay to end the cycle of violence. Abhisit was stuck between a rock and hard place. Between the call for blood of the yellow brigades and the calculated risk taken by the reds to prevent further unrest. If he had stopped the protest too early, he would have proven the double standard he was accused of, further enraging his opposition. By waiting, he made the tolerance of the general population growing thinner and thinner for future protest, the calculation of the red leaders, making further protest from yellows almost impossible. It worked according to plan for the reds. 91 persons payed the high price for democracy. They should not be forgotten.

So you believe that using and threatening Violence is the way to stop violence

Your logic and my Thai wife's Logic, on many subjects, about the same I thinks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. He had no choice. Killing 91 people was a tiny price to pay for the havoc they reaped. .

Holy Cow...clap2.gif

Absolutely correct. It should have happened much sooner. Two weeks should have been all the time allowed. Many are apologists for the disrupters of society. There is only so much anarchy that should be allowed, and that is all the red shirt protests were.

91 deaths was the price the reds had to pay to end the cycle of violence. Abhisit was stuck between a rock and hard place. Between the call for blood of the yellow brigades and the calculated risk taken by the reds to prevent further unrest. If he had stopped the protest too early, he would have proven the double standard he was accused of, further enraging his opposition. By waiting, he made the tolerance of the general population growing thinner and thinner for future protest, the calculation of the red leaders, making further protest from yellows almost impossible.

It worked according to plan for the reds. 91 persons payed the high price for democracy. They should not be forgotten.

91 deaths (NOT all reds) was the price the Thai people had to pay to have the Democrats labelled as murderers and hence unelectable. They paid a high price to thwart a democratic election, the calculation of Thaksin and his red mercenary leaders, making electioneering in a large part of the country impossible for the government.

This act of terrorism should not be forgotten, even though it was ultimately successful. sooner or later the perpetrators will face the death penalty.

-snip-

Holy Cow...clap2.gif

91 deaths was the price the reds had to pay to end the cycle of violence. Abhisit was stuck between a rock and hard place. Between the call for blood of the yellow brigades and the calculated risk taken by the reds to prevent further unrest. If he had stopped the protest too early, he would have proven the double standard he was accused of, further enraging his opposition. By waiting, he made the tolerance of the general population growing thinner and thinner for future protest, the calculation of the red leaders, making further protest from yellows almost impossible.

It worked according to plan for the reds. 91 persons payed the high price for democracy. They should not be forgotten.

91 deaths (NOT all reds) was the price the Thai people had to pay to have the Democrats labelled as murderers and hence unelectable. They paid a high price to thwart a democratic election, the calculation of Thaksin and his red mercenary leaders, making electioneering in a large part of the country impossible for the government.

This act of terrorism should not be forgotten, even though it was ultimately successful. sooner or later the perpetrators will face the death penalty.

protests that turn violent are called riots.

terrorists fly airplanes into buildings.

with posts like this and the other regarding "suicide", this thread has placed itself into a rocket and launched itself into outerspace.

Have a good trip guys, ... hope you come back to Earth soon...

with posts like this and the other regarding "suicide", this thread has placed itself into a rocket and launched itself into outerspace.

If you think that terrorism is limited to hijacking airplanes and flying them into buildings, as oppose to planting bombs in public places, launching grenades at innocent civilians, torching structures in public places, then you are uneducated, plain and simple.

If you think that terrorism is limited to hijacking airplanes and flying them into buildings, as oppose to planting bombs in public places, launching grenades at innocent civilians, torching structures in public places, then you are uneducated, plain and simple.

Such are narrow focused US-centric definition is a symptom of his red-bias. He follows the red creed "Reds did nothing wrong" totally unmoved that one red terrorist just received his 38 year sentence for terrorism. Many others will follow, and if they aren't smart enough to confess will spend a much shorter time in a cell.

Most of the political threads on this forum spend a lot of time in orbit. Though, strangely, most Thai people from all sides of the political debate are quite grounded about the realities. But they tend to be labelled as mostly stupid and ignorant by a certain section of the membership on here, so let's just enjoy the rocket ride wink.png .

I exercise my rights to disagree with your name calling, among other things... not to mention the "if you think ..." method of putting words in my mouth which I never said...

cool.png

Burning buildings is called arson, not terrorism. Protesters (repeating myself, and t y p i n g r e a l s l o w for the benefit of your comprehension) who become violent are called rioters - my govt and others around the world have used the label "terrorist" far too easily in order to crush civil liberties.

Such are narrow focused US-centric definition is a symptom of his red-bias. He follows the red creed "Reds did nothing wrong" totally unmoved that one red terrorist just received his 38 year sentence for terrorism. Many others will follow, and if they aren't smart enough to confess will spend a much shorter time in a cell.

Ozmick, why are you so full of $h!t and determined to prove it?

How does my definition of terrorist become narrowed US-centric and what the héll does that have to do with a red-bias??

Terrorists use terror as a tool, and terror (for those of us who understand ENGLISH) is not the same thing as violence. Figure it out.

When have I EVER said the Red Shirts did nothing wrong??? Eh - When? I'll tell you when, never.

And if I have a bias it is for FACTS, and not the venomous fantasies spewed here daily on TVF.

If you think that terrorism is limited to hijacking airplanes and flying theym into buildings, as oppose to planting bombs in public places, launching grenades at innocent civilians, torching structures in public places, then you are uneducated, plain and simple.

I exercise my rights to disagree with your name calling, among other things... not to mention the "if you think ..." method of putting words in my mouth which I never said...

cool.png

Burning buildings is called arson, not terrorism. Protesters (repeating myself, and t y p i n g r e a l s l o w for the benefit of your comprehension) who become violent are called rioters - my govt and others around the world have used the label "terrorist" far too easily in order to crush civil liberties.

Lauching frag grenades and shooting automatic weapons at people in my neighborhood is terrorism.

Most of the political threads on this forum spend a lot of time in orbit. Though, strangely, most Thai people from all sides of the political debate are quite grounded about the realities. But they tend to be labelled as mostly stupid and ignorant by a certain section of the membership on here, so let's just enjoy the rocket ride wink.png .

Agreed - where's my parachute??? See ya later

smile.png

If you think that terrorism is limited to hijacking airplanes and flying theym into buildings, as oppose to planting bombs in public places, launching grenades at innocent civilians, torching structures in public places, then you are uneducated, plain and simple.

cool.png

Lauching frag grenades and shooting automatic weapons at people in my neighborhood is terrorism.

you mean like the army?

Weren't you lot saying last year that the 2009/2010 troubles had left Pheu Thai in disarray and made them unelectable? Now those troubles made the Dems unelectable? Oh well, make it up to fit your argument.

you mean like the army?

First of all, the army has never been accused nor proven [by anyone of any value, so no need to link to Voice TV et al] of using any frag grenades during the events last year.

Are you now saying that they did?

But it is still a lame, pathetic cop-out.

You proclaim that no action that the red shirts did can equate to terrorism, is that your point?

Please, keep the answer short, to avoid spinning off into other statements of dubious factual quality.

I exercise my rights to disagree with your name calling, among other things...

And then:

rolleyes.gif

Tom is using the same debating tactics as you and your ilk. You reap what you sow, and the mods don't help you any more.

you mean like the army?

First of all, the army has never been accused nor proven [by anyone of any value, so no need to link to Voice TV et al] of using any frag grenades during the events last year.

Are you now saying that they did?

But it is still a lame, pathetic cop-out.

You proclaim that no action that the red shirts did can equate to terrorism, is that your point?

Please, keep the answer short, to avoid spinning off into other statements of dubious factual quality.

That the military used military grade weaponry with lethal force is hardly in dispute. That was tlansford's point. But you, as usual, try to put words into another poster's mouth. Give it a rest, man, for heaven's sake.

How does my definition of terrorist become narrowed US-centric and what the héll does that have to do with a red-bias??

Terrorists use terror as a tool, and terror (for those of us who understand ENGLISH) is not the same thing as violence. Figure it out.

When have I EVER said the Red Shirts did nothing wrong??? Eh - When? I'll tell you when, never.

And if I have a bias it is for FACTS, and not the venomous fantasies spewed here daily on TVF.

Where else have terrorists flown planes into buildings?

Crowds who become violent are rioters. People who bring military weapons to a protest with the intent of violence and intimidation of the general population are terrorists. People who fire RPGs at temples are terrorists.

When have you ever admitted that the reds used terrorism as a tactic even when they have been convicted and sentenced on that charge?

I exercise my rights to disagree with your name calling, among other things...

And then:

rolleyes.gif

11 minutes between comments.... :cheesy:

Consistency has never been his strong suit. wink.png

Edited by Buchholz

Weren't you lot saying last year that the 2009/2010 troubles had left Pheu Thai in disarray and made them unelectable? Now those troubles made the Dems unelectable? Oh well, make it up to fit your argument.

I don' have a "lot" and i don't support terrorism or those who use it as a political tool.

The accusation of murder as a response to the terrorism was widespread and is still held by many today, as is the claim that all the deaths were at the hands of the military, even that of their own members.

You see there are many redshirts who do not support thaksin. Then I read often that ptp are seeking accommodation with the elite. Currently ptp have to tread carefully as senate/ judiciary stacked against them.

Whilst waiting for a 'plane from BKK to CNX I had the misfortune to sit opposite a red shirt lady. She was dressed entirely in the regulation colour, complete with a cap adorned with Thaksin and Yinkluyck badges and embroidery. She had a Thaksin Pendant around her neck and other insignia on her red jacket. Short and stout, she was aged about 50 and wore the shortest skirt possible - I could quite clearly see that her knickers were white, not red! She looked like the typical Kwai who has been totally absorbed and brainwashed by a movement that has more parallels with the Brown Shirts (of days of yore) than the Maoist movement. There was hardly a spark of genuine intelligence about her - the sight of her sent shivers down my spine! Quite revolting and quite a dangerous animal. As Wilhelm Reich pointed out in his absorbing study of fascism, such people are the foundation on which you build a movement. I'm afraid the regular pro-Thaksin supporters we see in these debates may well share the politically dangerous prejudices on which the Nazi empire was built. But Thaksin, a highly manipulative individual, knows what he's doing and when he finally unleashes his forces ...................

Abhisit is a moron. The "Dear Moron Brother number 2". Reconciliation comes when the people who ordered mass murder in Bangkok's streets and who followed and gave the orders are locked up in jail for a very very long time. Furthermore, Abhisit should be concerned about what he himself can control. Maybe that is disbanding his own party, going after the people who bought the judges in the TPI case and asking the yellow (or multi color) shirts to disband. Furthermore he should probably apologize and bow deep to the Thai people for using article 112 to lock up political opponents.

"Reconciliation comes when the people who ordered mass murder in Bangkok's streets"

No one ordered mass murder. Can we have reconciliation now?

I am sorry, but the only thing that I believe Abhisit did wrong, with regard to the red shirts, was not clear them away sooner. He had the obligation to Thai society, to clear them away after 2 weeks. That was enough time for them to make their point. After that, it just became disruptive. It nearly shut down the capital. By waiting so long, the reds entrenched themselves. Eventually the movement got away from the leaders. He had no choice. Killing 91 people was a tiny price to pay for the havoc they reaped. Forget this, and move on with your life. You are dwelling on something that was necessary, and correct. There was no crime in these killings. The only crime was letting this thing continue for 7 plus weeks.

Hmm, memory of K. Abhisit making a speech in parliament in 2008.....

On 31 August 2008, Abhisit spoke in Parliament to then Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej who was under attack by the yellow-shirt People’s Alliance for Democracy, asking him to dissolve the House.

‘For the people, just one person or a hundred thousand, to come out to make demands of the government is not against the principles of democracy, especially when there are suspicions that the administration of the country has violated the law and the rights of the people, or is corrupt. In developed countries, these issues do not need to be dealt with by the law, but by a political sense of responsibility.

On 7 Oct 2008, then Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat ordered a crackdown on the PAD protests in front of Parliament House, resulting in two deaths and over 400 injuries. Abhisit held a press conference after a meeting of his party.

‘For all that has happened, the PM cannot deny his responsibility, either by negligence or intention.

‘What is even worse than laying the blame on the authorities is vilifying the people.

‘I have never thought that we would have a state which has the people killed and seriously injured, and then accuses the people of the crimes. This is unacceptable.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1760