New Visa And W/P Rules...

My company informed me that I could not work on a Non Immigrant based on marriage, I had to change to one based on employment. I got my extension based on marriage, but my actual visa when entering Thailand was a non immigrant B for work, at Immigration they told me that was my visa (Non Imm B, and I should quote it on their forms, although my extensions are based on marriage.

So, I went to Immigration and the Labour Off. to find out for myself..... Immigration = OK ,,, Labour Office still refuse to give a W/P on a Non-O.

I asked why?... Because my boss says so!!

However, after discussing the matter for 30mins, they agreed to give me a 3month W/P which could not be renewed. And told after 3month, I will need a Non-B!

So, I went to Immigration and the Labour Off. to find out for myself..... Immigration = OK ,,, Labour Office still refuse to give a W/P on a Non-O.

However, after discussing the matter for 30mins, they agreed to give me a 3month W/P which could not be renewed. And told after 3month, I will need a Non-B!

Over the past couple of years, and as recent as last week. in Hua Hin and the local Labour Office, I regularity seen O Visa with Extension based on marriage be permitted to have a Work Permit.. WP is normally for 1 year.

Which labour office, ie in what province?