Thaksin Not A Threat To Thailand: Fm Surapong

Lite Beer

Thaksin is a threat to the old school power elite. He is a threat to those who despise him, the fat cats that run the show out here. He has learned from them and wants a piece of the action. The threat is this, that once he returns will he stop helping himself and family gain fame, power and fortune and instead concentrate on the well being of the unfortunate lower classes of Thailand?

And my pig might sprout wings and fly, but I'm not holding my breath while waiting. What great acts of Shinawatra altruism lead you to believe that this is even a remote possibility?

I forgot - the Thaksin Orphanage, the Thaksin Memorial Hospital, The Shinawatra Scholarships - all in Nakhon Nowhere.

Please don't raise Thaksin University, it has no connection AFAIK.

He set up Thaksin university. But it's a business venture, not a charity.

edit: actually, you seem to be right. Thaksin University is in the south and was renamed to that in 1996. I was thinking of some other school that Thaksin set up.

Taksin University is mis-transliterated on the sign,

it's dedicated to Taksin The Great ruler of Siam 800+\- years ago.

Yes ... I was originally thinking of Shiniwatra University.

Thaksin is a threat to the old school power elite. He is a threat to those who despise him, the fat cats that run the show out here. He has learned from them and wants a piece of the action. The threat is this, that once he returns will he stop helping himself and family gain fame, power and fortune and instead concentrate on the well being of the unfortunate lower classes of Thailand?

In a word NO!

The threat is this, that once he returns will he stop helping himself and family gain fame, power and fortune and instead concentrate on the well being of the unfortunate lower classes of Thailand?

Like the way you started the sentence as a statement, and by time you reached the end, threw on a question mark.

Rather than a question mark, i think these were what you were looking for:cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Otherwise people might think you were being serious.

And my pig might sprout wings and fly, but I'm not holding my breath while waiting. What great acts of Shinawatra altruism lead you to believe that this is even a remote possibility?

I forgot - the Thaksin Orphanage, the Thaksin Memorial Hospital, The Shinawatra Scholarships - all in Nakhon Nowhere.

Please don't raise Thaksin University, it has no connection AFAIK.

He set up Thaksin university. But it's a business venture, not a charity.

edit: actually, you seem to be right. Thaksin University is in the south and was renamed to that in 1996. I was thinking of some other school that Thaksin set up.

I think Thaksin mean South.

So what's wrong with a "Southern" University?

The threat is this, that once he returns will he stop helping himself and family gain fame, power and fortune and instead concentrate on the well being of the unfortunate lower classes of Thailand?

The pigs are fuelled and ready to fly.

The pigs are fuelled and ready to fly.

It is possible that you are both right. Thaksin could return and improve the lives of the poor (according to the poor). At the same time, he could start removing obstacles to his continued leadership. Sounds a bit like 5-10 years ago, doesn't it?

The question is, if he continues/continued to do both, what will/would have happened? The answer can only be speculation.

I suppose it begs the question: Can there be a benign dictator? Human nature says no, but try telling that to millions upon millions of people in China, North Korea, Russia etc who would say yes.

Is he saying financially backing terrorists in Thailand is not a threat to Thailand.

Is there not a minimum level of intelligence to hold a ministerial job?

Not saying any one is six bricks short of a load just wondering.

W

Well you see, he owns the government at the moment,

so the current government thinks that THEY are Thailand,

and he is NOT threatening the government he owns,

so he's not a threat to Thailand.

Anyone else, well it does not matter if THEY feel threatened.

They aren't Thailand, they only live there.

See very simple.

Of course its very simple,he hasn't got time to be a threat to Thailand,even now as I type,I suspect he's honouring his statement :"I will make every Thai Rich in 6 months" and I believe shortly in the New Year,65,000,000 cheques,that he is now writing out, will be delivered by EMS First Class. Now when has he ever gone back on his word, and lied? whistling.gif

I think whatever technical legal loop-hole is used to justify the decision, to all sane law-abiding people with brains, issuing passports to convicted criminals on the run, whomever they may be, whatever their crime, is stupid and defies all logic.

Not in Thailand !!!!!!! Here is No logic... Guess they don't even know the word coffee1.gif

To borrow a few lines from Jane Austen to describe how I and indeed many others view Thaksin and his cronies regarding both their words and their proposed actions .

''Nothing is more deceitful than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion and sometimes an indirect boast."
Edited by siampolee

Of course he is a threat, because of his past record slightly dictatorial-with his sweet smile. Landslide victory--we always laugh at this, 48%-----out of this we guess the percentages---15 % from his money people and associates, 5% from his R slickers, leaving 28% of people who still believe= RED hard core=in that they will benefit with him back. If he doesn't change he will drain monies that would ordinarily go to the treasury. He could be a reformed person in the new year-----remember that black panthers still have spots though !!!!!

There is no Thaksin University as far as I know. Thaksin created "Shinawatra University" just as the Asian Crisis struck Thailand.

Thaksin University (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยทักษิณ), is a public university in Southern Thailand. It located at Amphoe Muang Songkhla, Songkhla Province. It is far about twenty kilometers from Hat Yai District. Previously, Thaksin University was a branch campus of Srinakharinwirot University,After that it grew in size and eventually became separate university. Thaksin University was established as an independent public university on September 1st, 1996.

The university name was granted by a Royal Decree of His Majesty the King, who graciously granted the university the name of Thaksin, which means “The University of the South”. The aim of the university is encourage and preserve the culture of Southern Thailand.