Mma Fighter Junie Browning Surrenders To Phuket Police

george

Why the big deal. I thought fighting was B150 fine and back to the bar for a beer. This is a civil matter.

Have to agree and they had a MANHUNT at great expense to the Thai tax payer hunting this fugitive down over a civil dispute??? Someone in very high places must have connections to the bar to do this.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Mr. Browning, i have been following your bloody story in this great forum they have here for Thailand.

I feel for you. I can see that you are a true sports martial person.

You respect the traditions of Thailand.

I hope your country will back you up in your new venture for fair fight.

We are from the west they say,,,,,but i know you went there to practice your art.

Itis sad what happened to David Carradine. Maybe it is a road he chose, but i can clearly see you are not somewhat in this type of road.

You are a professional fighter, and as every tourist that goes to Thailand should enjoy some down time.

I know, i am sure some people say that your story is worj a book, probably it does as caution for futur people that could be going where you have been.

Well, i think the government of Thailand will treat you fairly.

But, i know in Asia, people from the country prevail over visitors .

From your latest taste of Asian justice, i hope that the people involved will find in their heart,,, to be territorial is very Neanderthal or even Cromagnon., i misspelled it on purpose,,,,not worth to be mentioned,, i hope you get a heads up from the Kick Boxing Federation of Thailand and their endorsement for the kind of endorsement you bring to them and their system......Street people are street people and fight like street people, but you are a tourist and training professionally in the big T Land.

I wish you a Merry Holiday, and also to the Thai people who need to cool down their heels and realize how the West is serving them free cheeseburgers everyday for a lot of decades...merit to their them, and merit to the ones that bestowed on to them this graceful privilege. I hope look forward to see a good outcome to your situation,,,and i wan't to say to all the thugs in the world... that any intentional injustice and violence is counterproductive to everyone. Even thugs have friends and need friends... nobody wants to end like Scarface,

Edited by Lite Beer
Royal comment removed

From what I understand there were 11 people involved in the brawl including 10 other Australiens,

so think it's only fair to split the cost's 11 ways as for sure Browning wasn't the only one causing damage.

My advice to the Bar owner, call the cops next time you want to evict a customer!!

Edit: If the Bar owner started the Brawl then I think the 15K offer is very fair.

It seem's Australians are getting a bit dirty in fighting these days,dirty or should i say cowards.

Happened here on Koh phanhan almost 3 years ago,yes full moon party night.I was sitting on the beach with a friend,went to go and get a couple of beers,the all of three minutes i was gone came back to where i had been sitting but 3 Australians were fighting my friend.

As i approached one of them smashed a bottle straight over his head,that's 3 on 1 and still has to use a bottle.

I had Two bottles in my hand,did i use them NO!!... went over and smashed beat all 3 of them using hands,knees,head and yes the one who bottled him came off worse.

Not got a lot of sympathy for these Aussie guys involved in this fight with Junie,yes from the videos i have seen Junie has problems,mostly drink related,but i say hats off to him for beating 10 of them. Taking on 3 with weapons is not easy,10 jap.gif But junie lay off the beer thumbsup.gif

From what I understand there were 11 people involved in the brawl including 10 other Australiens,

so think it's only fair to split the cost's 11 ways as for sure Browning wasn't the only one causing damage.

My advice to the Bar owner, call the cops next time you want to evict a customer!!

Edit: If the Bar owner started the Brawl then I think the 15K offer is very fair.

Totally agree..........

+1

Why don't the authorities stick both these A=holes in a ring & let them beat eachother sencless for the enjoyment of all to see? The looser ( actually sounds like both of them are!) might remember to keep his big mouth shut in the future. The winner goes home with nothing but more bruises & the profits from the fight are settlement to fix up the bar. Stop waisting valuable police, lawyer & court time with reprabates like this!

Why don't the authorities stick both these A=holes in a ring & let them beat eachother sencless for the enjoyment of all to see? The looser ( actually sounds like both of them are!) might remember to keep his big mouth shut in the future. The winner goes home with nothing but more bruises & the profits from the fight are settlement to fix up the bar. Stop waisting valuable police, lawyer & court time with reprabates like this!

Not such a good idea, I dont know if you read the thread before...Mr. Brownie is a PROFESSIONAL Fighter....so at least they have to give this Aussi a weapon to defend himself. I dont understand WHY fighting is necessary but I understand that some people want make money if they know there is a well known person. A friend of mine is a very popular boxer in germany and he has problems all the times in the past, thats why he is avoiding red light districs and bars.

Anyway, I stick to what I said before. Streetfights doesnt belong here and who gives a rats a.s.s, its just two farangs fighting which gives all the other ones a reputation they deserve obviously....I dont care if a turk fights a lebanese in Berlin.

It seem's Australians are getting a bit dirty in fighting these days,dirty or should i say cowards.

Happened here on Koh phanhan almost 3 years ago,yes full moon party night.I was sitting on the beach with a friend,went to go and get a couple of beers,the all of three minutes i was gone came back to where i had been sitting but 3 Australians were fighting my friend.

As i approached one of them smashed a bottle straight over his head,that's 3 on 1 and still has to use a bottle.

I had Two bottles in my hand,did i use them NO!!... went over and smashed beat all 3 of them using hands,knees,head and yes the one who bottled him came off worse.

Not got a lot of sympathy for these Aussie guys involved in this fight with Junie,yes from the videos i have seen Junie has problems,mostly drink related,but i say hats off to him for beating 10 of them. Taking on 3 with weapons is not easy,10 jap.gif But junie lay off the beer thumbsup.gif

True Aussies do not fight with weapons. It's a one on one with fists and at the end of the fight it's beers all round. Those that represent themselves as aussies fighting with weapons and gang up are your 1st and second generation aussies who have kept the original mother land's customs and traditions.

Why the big deal. I thought fighting was B150 fine and back to the bar for a beer. This is a civil matter.

In Thailand civil matters become criminal.

Attempted Murder, Theft and Assault sound like criminal charges to me or are they classified as civil because the charges have been filed by members of the public and not by the police\prosecutor?

wasn't there a thread yesterday where the Thai authorities said that he wasn't in phuket? No he has made them loose face by giving himself up in phuket.

According to the other news source that we aren't allowed to post about here, he came back on the advice of the Warden for the US Embassy here in Phuket to talk to the police.

Why can't you post about a news source? I don't understand what I am missing.

Read the forum rules about which newspapers you cannot quote from!!

True Aussies do not fight with weapons. It's a one on one with fists and at the end of the fight it's beers all round. Those that represent themselves as aussies fighting with weapons and gang up are your 1st and second generation aussies who have kept the original mother land's customs and traditions.

I agree; in general the Aussies I have been in contact with are keen to have a rumble, and when it's done, it's done.

No wait; actually they generally haven't been the fighting kind. Aussies are not bad blokes.

Edited by SAffer

Where is the true part?? "Aussies do not fight with weapons" In Junie's case he is well and truly out numbered,and they used pretty much anything they could get their hands on to beat 1 man.

My encounter was 3 on 1 till i arrived and bottles were used!! So it's untrue!! There ages were mid to late twenties,so i guess you call these 2nd generation.I can not see any age related details of the Menzies crew,but i would assume also 2nd generation and although well and truly out numbered they used weapons. So it's again "UNTRUE" again my statement of cowards stands correct,if 10-11 against One,and 3 against 1 can not be dealt with fists these guys are weak boys not MEN!

I agree; in general the Aussies I have been in contact with are keen to have a rumble, and when it's done, it's done.

No wait; actually they generally haven't been the fighting kind. Aussies are not bad blokes.

By the way i am not having ago at the Aussies here,i am English and if it had been 10-11 English i would of wrote these "English" men or what ever country they are from are COWARDS! We see all to often very small little thai men become very BIG because they always know they have back up from 8-10 other small boys usually with weapons in their hands,against ONE guy who they wanted to prove a point with.

What i am simply saying is when you out number your opponent by so many only cowards would need weapons. On the other hand if 10 or so guys wanted to fight with me i would use anything that i could get my hands on to save my LIFE.. Junie in my opinion had the full right to use an AK-47 if he had one,to save his Life!

Of course we do not know yet the full details of how this all started in the 1st place,the Aussie guy's may have had a bloody good reason to smash Junie.

But with so many against One the use of weapons in my opinion is cowardly.

As said nothing against Aussies in general, again they might of had good reason for the fight.

Look forward at some stage to read how it all started.

Edited by kohphangan

wasn't there a thread yesterday where the Thai authorities said that he wasn't in phuket? No he has made them loose face by giving himself up in phuket.

Right. How did he get back onto Phuket with an APB out?

No doubt singing "I'm walking backwards for christmas!"

This must be one classy drinking hole to try an extort 200,000 baht over a fight.

sounds like the man is more a victims of greed than a victims of violence from an MMS fighter. Probably thinks the fighter is minted to he wants to try and have a dip in the MMA man's pocket

also if he has glass worht 200 k then i am sure that the bar could afford CCTV. Or maybe they have CCTV but they do not wish to show it.

or let me guess the sytem was down.

Edited by BigC

Hello, What's that strange gloomy ad at the bottom of the page, I thought. I just had to click it to see if was if fact an ad for a turd carrybag as it appears in the picture. but no, it turns out it's advertising power supplements for body builders and the like. So we can beef up like Junie and take on a barfulls of Phukettes.. Huzzah! Merry Christmas. Amen.

I dunno....how many bar owners really want a fight in their bar?

'Outside!' , I can understand.

But really, most owners just want the antagonist to leave....

Julie, sorry, 'Junie' couldnt....'Boy named Sue', chip?

Think a lot of bar owners will try and evict unwanted customers themselves which usually involves force.

Not sure what your issue is with his name?? Guess if he was called Bruce that would be acceptable?

Popeye, more like it...

Have to agree and they had a MANHUNT at great expense to the Thai tax payer hunting this fugitive down over a civil dispute??? Someone in very high places must have connections to the bar to do this.

There is assault in the picture it isn't a civil suit until someone sues or requests compensation! And prior to that there is the assault that needs to be investigated and charges levied if required..The civil part is post investigation and pending charges and apart and separate from them..

In Thailand civil matters become criminal.

Attempted Murder, Theft and Assault sound like criminal charges to me or are they classified as civil because the charges have been filed by members of the public and not by the police\prosecutor?

Well actually I agree with you which is the purpose of my post, but an investigation needs to be done and that hasn't taken place until all parties involved are interviewed and charges filed or not which has now happened so the Civil part can move forward but apart and separate from the criminal assault which can also now proceed with which the outcome will likely effect the civil result.

What is glaringly missing is the claims of other injuries to other combatants which was noted in the initial twitter posts. Is it more crap reporting or an intentional oversight or they don't actually exist? They could account for the inordinate request for settlement over just bar damage.. If they are intentionally being overlooked then it may very well tend to support the victims story and that's why they aren't being mentioned outright and only bar damage being claimed.

He is foolishly trying to seek justice based on who did what. In Thailand a dispute between two farangs, involving the police, ends with whatever gives the police in the best financial gain. Truth and justice don't enter into the equation, until the tea money math is done, then whatever version of the story best fits the result is deemed the truth.

This is not Thai bashing. This is just the reality of the current system. We may see it as wrong in the west, but it is not our judgement to make. The problems come when people enter the Thai system expecting western methods and results.

IMO let those two guys go into a closed cage and settle the fight among themselves... Everything what I read about this story is denied and re-fabricated in another version.

Just 2 stupid farang who don't know how to behave...

OR just kick both of them out of Thailand. Problem soved!

According to the other news source that we aren't allowed to post about here, he came back on the advice of the Warden for the US Embassy here in Phuket to talk to the police.

Why can't you post about a news source? I don't understand what I am missing.

Read the forum rules about which newspapers you cannot quote from!!

I believe you forgot the magic word.

Would this be an appropriate place to comment that a line space between each entry in the forum rules would be a kind gift to older readers?

And, lastly, I wonder where I might discover the reasoning for rule 31 from the Bangkok Post point-of-view?.

If the bar owner started the brawl then 15K is exorbitant.

Sounds like the guy is wanting to charge Junie for the glass broken over his head.

Certainly Junie has a mouth on him and attitude,

but if he didn't take the first swing, or lay hands violently on anyone, till attacked then he shouldn't pay for what he didn't actual start. If he got clocked in the head with a mug and a bottle, there is reasonable doubt he was consciously prolonging the fight, but just responding to an attack as he is trained to do. That he has been a paid fighter, nutter or not, makes him a prime target for a shake down, in some eyes. There's more to this than the surface flutters.

Edited by animatic

Where is the true part?? "Aussies do not fight with weapons" In Junie's case he is well and truly out numbered,and they used pretty much anything they could get their hands on to beat 1 man.

My encounter was 3 on 1 till i arrived and bottles were used!! So it's untrue!! There ages were mid to late twenties,so i guess you call these 2nd generation.I can not see any age related details of the Menzies crew,but i would assume also 2nd generation and although well and truly out numbered they used weapons. So it's again "UNTRUE" again my statement of cowards stands correct,if 10-11 against One,and 3 against 1 can not be dealt with fists these guys are weak boys not MEN!

True Aussie is someone who embraces the Anzac spirit, a she'll be right mate when someone get's up your goat and doesn't kick a man when he is down or resort to gang mentality. If he is licked in a fair fight then he buys the beers until next time. Being a true Aussie comes from the heart and the land and is not detirmined by a piece of paper or one of the various passports someone may hold. It is standing up for a fair go for everyone. A true Aussie knows the meaning of cooee and knows that a billabong is a watering hole and not surf gear. Being an Australian citizen does not make you an Aussie.

Sounds like another case of the phuket scams, like the jet ski scam, the tuk tuk scam, the taxi scam, etc etc etc.

Trump up the damages and kickback 20% to the BIB, their are plenty of posts on it here and on youtube.

They show that they threaten and do physical violence to get you pay up.