Advise Needed For Condo Rent Around Suk 1 -26

badtaya77

Hello there,

Due to my job I have to travel very frequently starting from January next year from cold Europe to lovely Thailand. Due to that fact I want to rent an own condo (1BR, Pool + balcony heavily preferred) instead of staying in hotels for having a home away from home. I don't want to spend more than 32.000B/month and would love it to spend far less.

I hope that some of you who have more experiences then me in the condo sector can give me some advise. First of all I have to say that I love Soi 11 with all that great clubs (QBar, Bed Sup) and restaurants and would love to stay there nearby. I know there are several condos like

The Prime 11 (several offers for <30k, looks brand new) or The Oleander (behind Fraser Suites) in Soi11. Did anyone make any experiences with them?

Other condos I found during my extensive search and looked interesting were:

The Trendy Condo Soi 13 (using the search in this Forum I found out that this seems not so recommendable because of its direct surroundings?)

Seed Musee Condo Soi 26

X One Condo Sukhumvit Soi 26

Sukhumvit Suite Condo Soi 13 (hard to find anything here in Internet, just found one Add for a 2BR but what I saw looked nice)

Would be great if some of you could give me some feedback or advice other condos/apartments I should take a closer look at with regards to my preferences.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

bt77

Shopping for an acceptable condo via the internet can be perilous. Nothing beats being on the ground and working on a short list and inspecting each one personally. I would recommend you stay the first month in one of the many decent serviced apartments in the area and during that tenure, check out your preferred long-term condo's and make the decision based on what you see and not the opinion of a commission driven agent who has little interest in what you really want.

Edited by NanLaew

Thanks for your instant feedback. I totally agree but would like to get some additional advice and feedback on my current favourites here from the community.

Beside that my girlfriend is living in BKK and ready to check out (and checked allready out) some condos that could be of interest, making photos etc. . I will be back in BKK in around 4 weeks and will then of course have some appointments by myself.

I used to always stay at the grand president on soi 11 but over the years they eventually priced me out...i now stay at omni on soi 4 which works just fine..lots of different kinds of apts to choose from in big buidling with pool/gym/etc etc... if you rent through one of management companies like below it is cheaper than renting via the hotel manager...and nice that you don't have to sign any contracts...can rent by day/week/month whatever...

http://bangkokomni.com/