Thai Democrat MP Khanchit Sought In Murder Case

webfact

Kanchit Surrenders, Denies Murder Charges

Kanchit Tabsuwan, an MP of the Democrat Party, turned himself in to the police on murder charges which he categorically denied on Tuesday.

The lawmaker of Samut Sakorn showed up alongside fellow Democrat MP Nipit Intarasombat at the headquarters of the Seventh Provincial Region and was questioned by the police following an arrest warrant issued for him on Monday on charges of killing Udorn Kraiwatnussorn, president of the provincial administrative organization of the same province on Sunday.

Nipit told reporters Kanchit, who appeared reserved and tight-lipped, denied all charges and quoted him as saying he was not involved in the homicide of the provincial head, who was a son of former cabinet member Monton Kraiwatnussorn.

Given his legislative status, the MP cannot be detained in prison though he may be interrogated by the police on the premeditated murder charges unless otherwise approved by the House of Representatives. It remains to be seen if most MPs will ever allow for Kanchit to be detained in a rare homicide case involving a fellow lawmaker.

Read more: http://news.voicetv....lish/26529.html

-- news.voicetv.co.th 2011-12-27

footer_n.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democrat MP Kanchit turns himself in following issuance of arrest warrant for murder of Samut Sakhon PAO chief/TAN_Network

What?? He didn't do a runner?? He'd never cut it as a red shirt. cheesy.gif

No Red Shirts who "have done a runner" have been directly implicated in the murder of a fellow MP so the comparison hardly stands does it?

Provincial Administration Organization chief Udorn Kraiwatnusorn was an MP? As very few red shirts WERE MPs at the time the conspired to cause deaths, your self-imposed limitation of those killing "fellow MPs" leaves very little for comparison.

Democrat MP Kanchit turns himself in following issuance of arrest warrant for murder of Samut Sakhon PAO chief/TAN_Network

No Red Shirts who "have done a runner" have been directly implicated in the murder of a fellow MP so the comparison hardly stands does it?

Provincial Administration Organization chief Udorn Kraiwatnusorn was an MP? As very few red shirts WERE MPs at the time the conspired to cause deaths, your self-imposed limitation of those killing "fellow MPs" leaves very little for comparison.

I made a mistake about the victim being an MP. SO sorry, I didn't realise it made a difference between murdering someone or not. It still follows that the red shirts you mentioned have not murdered anyone. This Democrat MP apparently has.

I made a mistake about the victim being an MP. SO sorry, I didn't realise it made a difference between murdering someone or not. It still follows that the red shirts you mentioned have not murdered anyone. This Democrat MP apparently has.

Right, so we have established that your complaint about the comparison in WB's post was completely meaningless as nobody has killed a "fellow MP."

Those who conspired to carry out an insurgency and incited deadly violence in Bangkok are just as guilty of murder as those who pulled a trigger, or launched a grenade, or invaded government offices and a hospital. To date they have not faced court due to protection given them by their paymasters.

As with the democrat MP, the crimes remain alleged, though personally I have seen much more evidence of the former.

Right, so we have established that your complaint about the comparison in WB's post was completely meaningless as nobody has killed a "fellow MP."

Those who conspired to carry out an insurgency and incited deadly violence in Bangkok are just as guilty of murder as those who pulled a trigger, or launched a grenade, or invaded government offices and a hospital. To date they have not faced court due to protection given them by their paymasters.

As with the democrat MP, the crimes remain alleged, though personally I have seen much more evidence of the former.

There are plenty of other threads where you can carry on your crusade against the Redshirts. This thread is in respect to a sitting MP that is alleged to have planned and carried out a killing in cold blood. The thread also includes a discussion of how an MP cannot not be detained, even when accused of murder. It also includes the fact that the democrats have not suspended the member or asked him to leave the caucus pending the investigation. This is tantamount to tacit support and complicity in the alleged murder. If the Democrats ad their house leader Mr. Abhisit do not act, they will be implicated as having provided indirect support. That;s what you should be discussing, not your redshirt allegations, none of which are related to this thread.

Not picky , Just tired of the endless dragging in of Red Shirts/Thaksin/Yingluck et al into every f****** thread that appears on this forum. And Yes I know it was a PTP MP that was murdered but give it a rest.

And more so tired the endless defending of the indefensible actions of far too many redshirts and blatantly corrupt TRT/PPP/PTP politicians, like a thoughtlessly repeated drone here. LIke a greek chorus of sheeple bleating alleged, yet incorrect factoids, endlessly.

And your comment about the accused, in a previous post above, is doing what exactly

"Of course we don't know what ELSE is going on between these two.

This may well have been the tit for the others tat."

Surely not "defending of the indefensible actions"

So you concur that it is despicable to try to shift the light away from the accused and onto the target of the alleged crime and ofcourse you would object if anyone was doing this before too? So if I go back some week and watch Jayboy post such exact post about Karun and his kick-boxing-target in the cafeteria I am surely going to find you protest against this? Wait, what, there is no such post from you?

Strange. We wouldn't want to give the appearance of double-standards would we...

Not picky , Just tired of the endless dragging in of Red Shirts/Thaksin/Yingluck et al into every f****** thread that appears on this forum. And Yes I know it was a PTP MP that was murdered but give it a rest.

And more so tired the endless defending of the indefensible actions of far too many redshirts and blatantly corrupt TRT/PPP/PTP politicians, like a thoughtlessly repeated drone here. LIke a greek chorus of sheeple bleating alleged, yet incorrect factoids, endlessly.

And your comment about the accused, in a previous post above, is doing what exactly

"Of course we don't know what ELSE is going on between these two.

This may well have been the tit for the others tat."

Surely not "defending of the indefensible actions"

So you concur that it is despicable to try to shift the light away from the accused and onto the target of the alleged crime and ofcourse you would object if anyone was doing this before too? So if I go back some week and watch Jayboy post such exact post about Karun and his kick-boxing-target in the cafeteria I am surely going to find you protest against this? Wait, what, there is no such post from you?

Strange. We wouldn't want to give the appearance of double-standards would we...

Ha Ha

Thailand translates to "Double Standards" in democratic speak.

Just look at the legal treatment of the redshirts and the PAD "terrorists"

Yep double standards

A siimilar case might be the murder of Kobkul Nopamornbodee, who was an ex-MP for Ratchaburi slain on the orders of her provincial rival and senator, Napinthorn Srisanpang in 2006, allegedly. The hired killers got life but the senator had the charges dropped due to insufficient evidence.

It appears in this case though, the MP may have pulled the trigger himself. Most unusual.

I still suspect the insufficient evidence route though.

Pathetic.....you see any comment from me in the kick boxing in the canteen fiasco thread? yes the kick boxing guy shoud be charged with assault.....as the guy here should be charged with murder if that proves to be the case.........

Now point me in the direction of the posts in either of the threads you mention where I have provided 'double standards' or kindly keep your innuendo to yourself

Unlike many here I am not in the habit of entering every thread and repeating myself........try it!

Abhisit Vejjajiva, the Democrat Party leader and opposition head, was aware of the warrant but decided not to react, pending police taking regular steps to deal with the case, party spokesman Chavanont Intharakomalsut said.

clap2.gif TVF would have erupted in angry comments from the anti government contingent if the killer was alleged to have been PTP and PM Yingluck not reacted. Why the double standard here?

Not reacting is what you're supposed to do. Reacting by way of obfuscation, pressuring judicial bodies, spinning lies is what you're not supposed to do. Presumably there are agencies to deal with these things. Would you prefer it be ajudicated in the politcal realm like all the Red Shirt felonies?

If he's guilty I hope he's arrested and convicted and serves a full sentence and then burns in Hell. It seems the crime is only alleged at this point however. You may want to look up "implicated". It is a step beyond alleged. What do you know and when did you know it?

I thought this topic would have the usual suspects wriggling with discomfort.So it has proved.

On the minor matter of my comments referred to the member in question seems not to have understood my position.Fair enough because nuanced comments are sometimes difficult to grasp for those unused to them, but probably best - friendly warning - best not to invoke half understood concepts as a stick to beat another member up (all completely off topic of course)

Abhisit Vejjajiva, the Democrat Party leader and opposition head, was aware of the warrant but decided not to react, pending police taking regular steps to deal with the case, party spokesman Chavanont Intharakomalsut said.

clap2.gif TVF would have erupted in angry comments from the anti government contingent if the killer was alleged to have been PTP and PM Yingluck not reacted. Why the double standard here?

Because he is the opposition leader and can't actually do anything. He isn't like Chalerm coming out with a verdict before the police have even started their investigation.

He could express "shock", or he could at least say he was saddened by the apparent murder by one of his Democrat MPS, or he could remove the man from his caucus pending the inquiry. At the very least the Democrat MP should not be allowed to sit with the Democrats. That is not asking too much is it? The failure to ask the accused to resign from caucus until the murder allegation is resolved is what a responsible leader would do.

The same as Yingluck could have expressed shock, sadness, or remove the dozen indicted Red Shirts from the PTP MP list.

That is not asking too much. Her failure to ask all those free on bail MP's to resign from the Party list is what a responsible leader would have done months ago.

There are plenty of other threads where you can carry on your crusade against the Redshirts. This thread is in respect to a sitting MP that is alleged to have planned and carried out a killing in cold blood. The thread also includes a discussion of how an MP cannot not be detained, even when accused of murder. It also includes the fact that the democrats have not suspended the member or asked him to leave the caucus pending the investigation. This is tantamount to tacit support and complicity in the alleged murder. If the Democrats ad their house leader Mr. Abhisit do not act, they will be implicated as having provided indirect support. That;s what you should be discussing, not your redshirt allegations, none of which are related to this thread.

1/ They are not MY allegations, several PTP party list MPs have terrorism charges pending

2/ you state that Abhisit should suspend the MP (and I agree), but on the same reasoning Yingluck (or T) should not have offered party list seats to persons facing serious charges.

3/ If Abhisit's lack of action is tantamount, Yingluk's action is proof of complicity

4/ how is the protected status of MPs not relevant to this thread

I repeat, at least the Dem MP allegedly committed a crime after being elected, whereas quite a few PTP MPs were given their seats as a reward for allegedly committing crimes.

1/ They are not MY allegations, several PTP party list MPs have terrorism charges pending

2/ you state that Abhisit should suspend the MP (and I agree), but on the same reasoning Yingluck (or T) should not have offered party list seats to persons facing serious charges.

3/ If Abhisit's lack of action is tantamount, Yingluk's action is proof of complicity

I repeat, at least the Dem MP allegedly committed a crime after being elected, whereas quite a few PTP MPs were given their seats as a reward for allegedly committing crimes.

3/ Abhisit gave the Foreign Office portfolio to a man who'd been actively involved in the illegal occupation of Thailand's main airport in 2008. By your reasoning, that makes Abhisit complicit in that illegal occupation.

Edited by Siam Simon

3/ Abhisit gave the Foreign Office portfolio to a man who'd been actively involved in the illegal occupation of Thailand's main airport in 2008. By your reasoning, that makes Abhisit complicit in that illegal occupation.

Actually, he gave a speech with no reference or incitement to occupation or violence which is hardly active involvement. If it was true, why have no charges been brought by his political opponents now in office? But I'm glad that you agree with me re Y's complicity in terrorism, unless of course the decision to appoint was made by someone else.

Actually, he gave a speech with no reference or incitement to occupation or violence which is hardly active involvement. If it was true, why have no charges been brought by his political opponents now in office? But I'm glad that you agree with me re Y's complicity in terrorism, unless of course the decision to appoint was made by someone else.

Giving a speech, on-site, to the protestors, at an illegal protest is just about as actively involved as it gets, Mick. But I'm glad that you've acknowledged that he did what he did at that protest. Are you going to dispute that he was given the Foreign Ministry portfolio by Abhisit soon after his active involvement in the illegal occupation at the airport?

Giving a speech, on-site, to the protestors, at an illegal protest is just about as actively involved as it gets, Mick. But I'm glad that you've acknowledged that he did what he did at that protest. Are you going to dispute that he was given the Foreign Ministry portfolio by Abhisit soon after his active involvement in the illegal occupation at the airport?

Not at all, though the alleged charge of complicity and active involvement is for the court to decide.

Are you going to dispute that red-shirt MPs were given their positions after actively urging their followers to torch BKK (charges actually prepared), and that giving those positions is complicity in those alleged crimes?

Not at all, though the alleged charge of complicity and active involvement is for the court to decide.

Are you going to dispute that red-shirt MPs were given their positions after actively urging their followers to torch BKK (charges actually prepared), and that giving those positions is complicity in those alleged crimes?

Mick, read your first sentence again and think of it as my reply to your second sentence.

Mick, read your first sentence again and think of it as my reply to your second sentence.

Glad we are in agreement then. I look forward to the day when those who initiated and benefited from the actions of the red shirts face similar charges as their mercenary lackeys,

Khanchit surrenders, denies charge of premeditated murder

The Nation

30172794-01_big.jpg

Democrat MP Khanchit Thabsuwan yesterday turned himself in to police after an arrest warrant was issued for him and denied the charge of premeditated murder for the fatal shooting of local politician Udorn Kraiwatnusorn, who was affiliated with the ruling Pheu Thai Party.

After an hour of questioning by police, Khanchit was released and evaded reporters approaching him.

"You ask my constituents about their opinions [of Udorn]. I never had any conflict with anyone," he said.

Appearing tense and tired, Khanchit reported to a police training unit in neighbouring Nakhon Pathom in a bullet-proof SUV amid heavy police protection.

Democrat MP Niphit Intharasombat, a legal adviser to the opposition party, accompanied the sole suspect and answered most of the reporters' questions on his behalf, while insisting on denying the charge.

He said Khanchit would utilise his parliamentary immunity in future questioning by police, by giving his statements behind closed doors.

Khanchit's father Anek, a Democrat veteran, said he was not aware of his son having a conflict with anyone, or of clan or political feuds with other national or local politicians, saying the Thabsuwan family had only served constituents, and never had problems with anyone.

Anek dismissed reports about an alleged affair that Khanchit was engaged in with an ex-wife of Udorn, saying that even if there was one it should not have been the motive.

"Khanchit does not have a hot temper, he is calm and patient, and is well liked by villagers and constituents. I don't know what caused the murder and I am not aware of any conflicts during previous political rallies," he added.

Police are collecting more evidence in the homicide case, including the murder weapon, a .40-calibre automatic weapon of the same model Khanchit had in his possession, according to firearms registration details.

"It's the same model and the same type of spent cartridges found at the scene," said Pol General Pansiri Praphawat, a deputy national police chief.

The Parliament president has been informed of Khanchit’s case and surrender, Pansiri said.

"MP Niphit, as the suspect's counsel, has informed police of the parliamentary session, which ends next April," he said without elaborating on what steps would be taken in case police had to detain Khanchit during the session and Khanchit wished to invoke his immunity.

Eyewitnesses to the shooting on Sunday and Khanchit were put under police protection and Crime Suppression commandos were being mobilised to monitor the movements of the two clans to prevent possible retaliation, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-28

Not reacting is what you're supposed to do. Reacting by way of obfuscation, pressuring judicial bodies, spinning lies is what you're not supposed to do. Presumably there are agencies to deal with these things. Would you prefer it be ajudicated in the politcal realm like all the Red Shirt felonies?

Wrong. The first thing any responsible political leader is to ask an MP under investigation for a serious crime like murder is to withdraw from the caucus. The standard protocol is to state that until a person is cleared, it is inappropriate for an alleged murderer to sit in caucus. The fact that Abhisit is ignoring the situation speaks volumes and is reprehensible.

Glad we are in agreement then. I look forward to the day when those who initiated and benefited from the actions of the red shirts face similar charges as their mercenary lackeys,

Your obsessive crusade against the redshirts has no relevance. No redshirt supported, back or aligned MP planned and carried out a brutal murder. On the other hand, there is a member of the Democrat party that is accused of just that.

Wrong. The first thing any responsible political leader is to ask an MP under investigation for a serious crime like murder is to withdraw from the caucus. The standard protocol is to state that until a person is cleared, it is inappropriate for an alleged murderer to sit in caucus. The fact that Abhisit is ignoring the situation speaks volumes and is reprehensible.

Do you expect all MPs accused of serious crimes to "withdraw from the caucus"? How do you know he is ignoring it. He just hasn't said anything to the media about it. Maybe he knows that the MP is not guilty, but is allowing the police investigation to run it's course, which is something that some Deputy PMs should take notice of.

Your obsessive crusade against the redshirts has no relevance. No redshirt supported, back or aligned MP planned and carried out a brutal murder. On the other hand, there is a member of the Democrat party that is accused of just that.

No Democrat MP planned or carried out a brutal murder. One has been accused of it, but not charged.

Jatuporn and a number of PTP MPs have been accused and charged of serious crimes, and are only out of jail because of their MP status.

Of course this democrat MP accused in this murder should withdraw.

Surely he will want to devote all his time to his defence, won't hesmile.png .

How can he give his full attention to his constituents who voted him into the Parliament as an MP.

Clear him off now.

Should those charged (not just accused) with serious offences also withdraw?