Chiang Mai Immigration 90 Day Reports - Mail Ok?

TravelerEastWest

Chiang Mai is much smaller than Bangkok and most people live not too far away from immigration.

In addition if reports were not done in person by the majority there would not be any threads relating to how quick or how slow the process was,whether tickets were required or not,or if you could book online or not and the Thai Visa Chiang Mai section would disappear from the board. smile.png

It is not hard to have it translated well enough to understand.

MSPain

lol...

steps 1 & 2:

"1.alien to their own. Or 2. A foreigner shall make. Another way to bring a book or three. people".

i guess that's what they figured.. typical...give thai instructions to foreigners and let them rely on google translate.

Edited by happysanook

that's not what I get.

To TravelerEastWest, who started this line, if you take the address from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site, that will be the only thing different, I think, from what you did to mail your report in Bangkok. You can send me a PM if you have any questions I might be able to help you with.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

For 90 day (and only 90 day!!) reporting, try mid afternoon, any Tues, Wed or Thur, in person, here in CM.

I went in with a form - picked up last time - all completed, and went straight to the passport photo copy area.

There was no waiting.

Into the big waiting room, occupied by less than 12 people, this at 2.45pm on Dec 30th.

Straight to the "90 day man" at the far end of the long counter.

All done and dusted and a polite "Sawadee pee mai" and out in 4 minutes.

This could be a record, I know.

Thank you - it sounds just as easy as in Bangkok.

that's not what I get.

To TravelerEastWest, who started this line, if you take the address from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site, that will be the only thing different, I think, from what you did to mail your report in Bangkok. You can send me a PM if you have any questions I might be able to help you with.

MSPain

For 90 day (and only 90 day!!) reporting, try mid afternoon, any Tues, Wed or Thur, in person, here in CM.

I went in with a form - picked up last time - all completed, and went straight to the passport photo copy area.

There was no waiting.

Into the big waiting room, occupied by less than 12 people, this at 2.45pm on Dec 30th.

Straight to the "90 day man" at the far end of the long counter.

All done and dusted and a polite "Sawadee pee mai" and out in 4 minutes.

This could be a record, I know.

Yup, that has to be a record. I went about 10 days ahead of you in the middle of the afternoon and found the place crammed with Burmese doing their 90 day reports. Had to wait an hour. It's not safe to assume to you can go straight to the "90 day man" without a queue number if the place is busy. In fact, people who thought this slowed down the process for the rest of us because the "90 day man" had to tell them to go get a queue number and some acted like they thought they didn't need to do that because someone on the internet said you don't need it later in the afternoon.

• Like 1