Ny Pizza House On 3Rd Rd--Excellent

gguy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped in for a med...normal crust italian sausage tonite....excellent product and I could only eat half. I am also a New Yorker so am pretty picky about my pizza and usually just dont eat it here in Patts as the products are mostly garbage....This was good and I will be going back. I am glad someone finally got it right here

I see this pizza joint delivers all the way from Pattaya to Jomtien and apparently the delivery charge is only 30 baht for that.

What would you say is a reasonable tip to the driver for that service (kind of a long delivery)? I have no idea if the driver gets the 30 baht or more from the restaurant, doesn't seem to be our business. Anyway, what would you tip on top of the the 30 baht?

Edited by Jingthing

I see this pizza joint delivers all the way from Pattaya to Jomtien and apparently the delivery charge is only 30 baht for that.

What would you say is a reasonable tip to the driver for that service (kind of a long delivery)? I have no idea if the driver gets the 30 baht or more from the restaurant, doesn't seem to be our business. Anyway, what would you tip on top of the the 30 baht?

Nothing...as you say, there is a B 30 charge for delivery. I stopped tipping the Pizza Company delivery guys when they started charging the same B 30 for deliveries a year or so ago.

They put a lot of cheese on the pizzas. Pizza ingrediants are expensive.

No reason why they should be at all. All the ingredients are potentially available locally (even down to real mozzarella made from buffalo milk).

Pizzas are just hugely overpriced in Thailand, like many other things.

Can't agree here...the "medium" size at NY pizza if pretty close to a large American pizza and the large is close to an extra large. In any case, the price for a medium with 3 toppings is about B 400 or about US$ 13...at least in the Bay Area where I'm from, you will pay the same (or more) for a similar sized/topped pizza pie.

If their mediums are the same size as large pizzas in USA then I have to quote Mr. T " I pity those American Fools!", but in actuality this poster must have been drugged when he made that observation.

NY Pizza House is indeed the best, probably in Thailand, and tastes similar to the pizzas in the west (Canada). I do agree their mediums are excellent, although when I ordered a large one time it was undercooked and greasy (box was soaked through). Their half size hot subs are also excellent in terms of both taste and value (99 Baht). Members of Pattaya City Expats Club get 20% discount on takeout. You can also order from Waiter on Wheels food delivery service but menu is limited.

Pizza Company is CRAP, tried one time and never again.... baking a pizza with mayo on top... <deleted>.

Pizza Hut is OK if desperate, but way overpriced!

Edited by jehricaholic

I happened to be staying on Soi Lengke so I had a pizza there on my first night in Pattaya. It was so good I went back again a couple of days later before I left. Best pizza I've had in Thailand and I also appreciated the intelligence and work that went into the business structure.. Kudos to the owner (who I don't know)!

I am also a fan but I suggest America style pizza lovers ALSO try Deli-zza, Soi 8 Jomtien as they have lovely pizza as well. Also note they make the Italian sausage in house and it is stellar. Not the same style. Not saying which I like better.

Edited by Jingthing

I use to get delivery from another pizza place but NY pizza is the best. You get 3 choices of crust...I prefer the thin since I do not like alot of dough... I was disappionted with the Italian sausage...but like the pepperoni. they need a good vegetarian. But I still prefer the Holiday Inn pizza (50% off before 7pm)

I am also a fan but I suggest America style pizza lovers ALSO try Deli-zza, Soi 8 Jomtien as they have lovely pizza as well. Also note they make the Italian sausage in house and it is stellar. Not the same style. Not saying which I like better.

Do they deliver to the Farside in 20k mins? If not, I'm not interested.

Do they deliver to the Farside in 20k mins? If not, I'm not interested.

There are still rather new so my guess is no, but you could contact them. Maybe eventually. They do deliver FREE in Jomtien at least.

Pizza Company is CRAP, tried one time and never again.... baking a pizza with mayo on top... <deleted>.

Just order one that does not have mayo. There are plenty on the menu.

Pizza sauce is crap.

When I want a Chicago "deep dish" style pizza, I order from Pizza Company, as their thick crust is the closest to it I have found in Thailand. The pizza is not bad if you stick to normal type toppings (like double pepperoni), and not those outlandish Thai varieties they have available. I order it it without the tomato sauce and they are really quite good. However, since trying NY Pizza, I have not been back to P.C.

Edited by FarangBuddha

FB, have you tried the thick crust at New York Pizza? I haven't but wonder how that works for you. BTW, the very Italian place on 2nd road a few blocks south of Rompho Market Jomtien does thick crust as an option. I tried it and found it weird but interesting.

FB, have you tried the thick crust at New York Pizza? I haven't but wonder how that works for you. BTW, the very Italian place on 2nd road a few blocks south of Rompho Market Jomtien does thick crust as an option. I tried it and found it weird but interesting.

Not yet...the "thick medium" is pretty substantial compared to the much thinner "Euro" style pizza crusts one finds around town and is very filling. I can only imagine how stuffed I would be after a NY thick-crust pizza licklips.gif

OK, I admit this is pathetically nerdy, but now I am wondering if PONZONE has some kind of origin in Italy or whether this New York pizzeria just created the dish. Because it is a great dish! There is a town called Ponzone in the Piedmont region of Italy but so far haven't found a reference to this as an Italian food (but haven't tried hard either).

OK, I admit this is pathetically nerdy, but now I am wondering if PONZONE has some kind of origin in Italy or whether this New York pizzeria just created the dish. Because it is a great dish! There is a town called Ponzone in the Piedmont region of Italy but so far haven't found a reference to this as an Italian food (but haven't tried hard either).

The first time I seen/heard of wood-fired pizza was in Italy years ago, long before it became popular in the west, thus it's very probable it has it's Italian origins.

The first time I seen/heard of wood-fired pizza was in Italy years ago, long before it became popular in the west, thus it's very probable it has it's Italian origins.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing. Of course wood fired pizzas are from Italy. I am talking about ponzones which I suspect might really be an American creation (that hasn't really caught on even there).

• 4 months later...

Still prefer Pizza Company, best value for money in my opinion and consistent good quality - unlike some of the pretenders.

When I go to the Pizza Company you always get a new menu with the new HIGHER prices.

I just prefer the Pizza Company taste, anytime i have tried American/New York style pizza they always seem very greasy / slimy, i think it must be the kind of cheese they usebah.gif

Went to my friends condo last night to watch DVD when I got there he had just ordered a large thin crust with ham mushroom and extra cheese from NYPH, as you do I tried a slice all I can say is awfull hardly any cheese taste they put slices of tomato all over it and it was just a slimy mess and 700 bht!!!, with portion of soggy fries.. just pointed him in the direction of La Bocca needless to say

That's surprising to me.

I feel people should give NYPH a test themselves at least once in a fair way.

Eat at the actual restaurant so you get the pizza at its best.

Yes I would avoid their thick crust option. I would suggest their American style, default MEDIUM crust.

I have never had an issue with lack of cheese taste there and always found the portion of it more than adequate even with default cheese, but I think fresh from the oven really makes a big difference.

Ordering sliced tomatoes may have been a mistake as that would make a pizza soggy.

It also sounds like you custom ordered a thin crust with toppings that would be too heavy for that style of pizza. Thin crusts aren't meant to be cooked that way.

I like La Bocca too, for Italian style pizza. La Bocca has no option for sliced tomatoes, probably a good thing.

Edited by Jingthing

Funny tha

Still prefer Pizza Company, best value for money in my opinion and consistent good quality - unlike some of the pretenders.

When I go to the Pizza Company you always get a new menu with the new HIGHER prices.

I just prefer the Pizza Company taste, anytime i have tried American/New York style pizza they always seem very greasy / slimy, i think it must be the kind of cheese they usebah.gif

Went to my friends condo last night to watch DVD when I got there he had just ordered a large thin crust with ham mushroom and extra cheese from NYPH, as you do I tried a slice all I can say is awfull hardly any cheese taste they put slices of tomato all over it and it was just a slimy mess and 700 bht!!!, with portion of soggy fries.. just pointed him in the direction of La Bocca needless to say

Funny that...I just ordered yesterday my standing order of a "thick-normal" crust salami and olive pizza with garlic sauce and it was, as usual, tasty and very filling. Covered with lots of cheese, salami, and enough olives to start my own oilive-oil factory. My number one go-to when I want an American style pizza in Patters.

Maybe the mushrooms caused it to be soggy...this can happen if they use canned mushrooms rather than fresh.

Well I tried this on Saturday night, ordered the large pizza with 5 toppings. Really didnt think it through, then I seen them prepping it and couldnt beleive the size! They just piled things onto there, no holding back on the toppings.

I ordered ham, salami, pepperoni, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Bit of advice for the mushrooms, if your getting a take away dont bother with the mushrooms as they have a fair bit of water in and make the pizza a bit soggy.

Taste - was ok, toppings - superb, size - very generous and pizza base was excellent.

Will use it again, I do prefer italian style pizzas, thin crust, not a lot of toppings but a lot of flavour. However when you have a few people around you cant beat a NY style pizza.

I thought the price was very reasonable for what I got.

As for pizza co, that is not pizza, its not even good fake pizza, I would sooner have the pizzas from the turkish take aways scattered all over the uk than pizza co. They make pizza hut look and taste like the best pizza in the world.

We've had food delivered from there a few times and each time it's been piping hot and delicious, I always have the Ponzone, this is just another name for a Calzone, I've had this many times in the US, I just assumed it was a different name for it, either way it's cracking!!

Mr & Mrs Bigjimmy

We've had food delivered from there a few times and each time it's been piping hot and delicious, I always have the Ponzone, this is just another name for a Calzone, I've had this many times in the US, I just assumed it was a different name for it, either way it's cracking!!

Mr & Mrs Bigjimmy

You're wrong. Ponzone is not the same thing as Calzone! Similar, yes. Same, no.

I agree, its a great thing to order there.

BTW, I tried that delivered as well, noticeably not as good as fresh from the oven in the shop.

Edited by Jingthing