Druggings In Pattaya.

facey

I guess most people who read bulletin boards are less likely to be the victims nowadays, unless you're very unlucky, let your guard down, or are pissed out of your head and throw caution to the wind.

Unfortunately, more and more, I am reading and hearing the victims are mostly Indians, Arabs, and Russians (etc).

most people I know including myself have been drugged here, me in BKK but I cant tell you the story because all I know is I woke up 2 days later in my bed badly beaten up

Oh dear, I am totally the opposite. I have never been drugged nor do I know of anyone who has! And I do marvel at the various newspaper reports about such occurrences because in this day and age, even kids are taught never to accept drinks from strangers.

most people I know including myself have been drugged here, me in BKK but I cant tell you the story because all I know is I woke up 2 days later in my bed badly beaten up

Oh dear, I am totally the opposite. I have never been drugged nor do I know of anyone who has! And I do marvel at the various newspaper reports about such occurrences because in this day and age, even kids are taught never to accept drinks from strangers.

I've never been drugged and don't know anybody who has. And I know a lot of people here. But, it does happen. Gets reported all the time. It's not just accepting drinks from strangers. It's sometimes put in your drink when you are distracted, sometimes in the glass when the drink is poured, the best one, are the nipple ones. Use your own imagination, but wifey saw a report on this on the local TV station the other day.

I know 3 guys - 1 South African, 2 Canadian. All 3 said the lady did not seem to be 'working', was from Bangkok, dressed nicely. I think they tried to get something for nothing! One guy even took her home while the girlfriend was away, he woke up 2 days later when she returned, everything gone! Even Thai family heirlooms and both passports. Stick to bar girls.

Never happened to anyone I know.

I guess most people who read bulletin boards are less likely to be the victims nowadays, unless you're very unlucky, let your guard down, or are pissed out of your head and throw caution to the wind.

Unfortunately, more and more, I am reading and hearing the victims are mostly Indians, Arabs, and Russians (etc).

Mugs then aren't they?

I know 3 guys - 1 South African, 2 Canadian. All 3 said the lady did not seem to be 'working', was from Bangkok, dressed nicely. I think they tried to get something for nothing! One guy even took her home while the girlfriend was away, he woke up 2 days later when she returned, everything gone! Even Thai family heirlooms and both passports. Stick to bar girls.

you do have to be careful...anywhere..

How did he explain that to his GF?

you do have to be careful...anywhere..

How did he explain that to his GF?

Don't know. A guy like that, I had heard enough. You should not disrespect your mate like that.

I've never been drugged and don't know anybody who has. And I know a lot of people here. But, it does happen. Gets reported all the time. It's not just accepting drinks from strangers. It's sometimes put in your drink when you are distracted, sometimes in the glass when the drink is poured, the best one, are the nipple ones. Use your own imagination, but wifey saw a report on this on the local TV station the other day.

Well, you should never accept a nipple from a stranger too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you should never accept a nipple from a stranger too.

I did once, she seemed to appreciate it

Rubbish. If most of the people you know have been drugged then you must only know one person and you were both very unlucky, I've been here ten years and I've never been drugged and I never met anyone who's been drugged, in fact, I've never heard first hand of anyone ever being drugged.

Rubbish. If most of the people you know have been drugged then you must only know one person and you were both very unlucky, I've been here ten years and I've never been drugged and I never met anyone who's been drugged, in fact, I've never heard first hand of anyone ever being drugged.

It would seem my experience is rare, maybe I exagerated but I know of at least 3 people who where drugged and robbed in Pattaya and I was drugged myself, probably taken to an atm machine, call it rubbish if it makes you feel better but there are plenty of recorded instances

I believe that there is a lot of drugging going on and the victim, once he wakes up, thanks his lucky stars that their was no permanent damage, keeps quiet about it and goes on his way. I saw a youtube video and this guy briefly mentioned that when he was in Phuket, some girls told him flat out that part of their income stream was drugging punters and relieving them of cash/assets. Never happened to me but I am more inclined than not to believe that it happens pretty regularly in some areas.

I have a (Brit) friend in Bangkok who owns a couple of apartments in Pattaya.

One his mates was over from the UK and stayed at one of his places in Pattaya, it was his first visit to Thailand.

He met up with a girl who was hanging around Soi 7 on a scooter.They both went back to the apartment, he wasn't drunk, but woke up a day later to find she had gone along with his money, credit cards, telephone and wristwatch.

Better stick to the bars, at least you know where to start looking for them if this kind of s**t happens.

• 7 months later...

If I visit Pattaya, I always stay at the same hotel (for years) and the owner tells me that the real danger is the lady-boys and more and more hotels do not allow Farangs to take them to their rooms anymore.

Safest bet is probably still: Take out a bar girl that's been working there for some time. Maybe even have a short talk with the "Mama-San" regarding this subject, before taking the lady out.

AND: If the receptionist at the hotel doesen't bother to retain her ID downstairs (or make a copy of it), I would change the hotel in a hurry. I never had any problems with this regard in the last 15 years.

Cheers.

Not in Thailand but a customer visiting Scandinavia, took a nice Russian girl to the hotel only to wake up the following day to have his money and Rolex gone.

Money no biggie but watch was present from wife who was arriving a few days later to join him.

Panic phone calls and eventually the same model was located, and duely purchased.

Could relax ..... that was until a couple of days after the wife arrived she noticed that the inscription she had made on the back of the watch was no longer there..............ouch

Here is a video news report of one drugging

a package containing a clear liquid partially consummed

ANY IDEAS?

Could be GHB that will knock you out but tastes horrible and wont knock you out for 10 hours but less. If dosed correctly its a party drug.