How Promiscuous Are Thais? Wonder If My Experience Is Representative.

sidjameson

I've been in Thailand 6 months. Never dated any one from a bar. All have been university educated with solid middle class jobs. All have been late 20's to early 30's.

I am no Greek Adonis or deemed "THE catch of a lifetime" yet I have been surprised by the general level of promiscuity. It seems 1st or 2nd date is the norm.

But 2 things make me pause before I extrapolate my experience to the wider Thai demographic.

1. All these girls spoke english as I dont speak Thai.

2. Most were met online.

Do any TV members have experiences they would like to share?

Are none English/online girls different?

LASTLY, can we try to keep this as empirical as possible. It is not a "my wong is bigger/thicker/slicker than yours" thread.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Thai woman I met was online before I came here. met her in BKK and she slept with me 1st night.

Next met in a restaurant - 2nd night.

3rd slept 2nd night and she picked me up.

And so on. Yet all would say they are not promiscuous and do not sleep around. Not a bar girl amongst them either. Their intention was to get their man and keep him. None were one night stands as such. We spent months and in one case years together.

Only one refused to sleep with me unless I married her.

So, are they promiscuous? Not in the sense of sleeping around but they will sleep with you if they think it will mean they get to stay with you and most are hoping for longer term commitment in the main.

I have a feeling that this thread will go pear-shaped before long. However,....

..... promiscuous is a western value. Thais do not view sex as emotionally important.

By definition - yes they are. By cultural values - no they are not.

On one date it was made clear by the 'chaperone' that sex was out of the question on the first date. Second night was OK though licklips.gif

I would say some are promiscuous. I met four different ones online. One a hotel receptionist,another a hairdresser, an office worker and the fourth not sure what she did. All four seduced me within 2 hours of meeting. The receptionist called me a couple of days later said she quit her job and was moving,and wished me good luck it meeting the right woman for me. The hairdresser came back 2 days in a row then just disappeared. The office went out to get the morning after pill never saw her again. The fourth kept contact online for a week or so then just quit .

I met one well we were both trying to jaywalk near Soi Ari. We both had trouble crossing the street by the time we got to the other side we were talking and joking. She managed to seduce me also with in an hour.She was in Bangkok at a Technical school but from Korat. She came back the next day. She was definitely looking for a longterm relationship but I was going back to my country at the time, so nothing came of it.

In my opinion some are quite permiscuous but I would also say the average Thai woman isnot.

I would say some are promiscuous. I met four different ones online. One a hotel receptionist,another a hairdresser, an office worker and the fourth not sure what she did. All four seduced me within 2 hours of meeting. The receptionist called me a couple of days later said she quit her job and was moving,and wished me good luck it meeting the right woman for me. The hairdresser came back 2 days in a row then just disappeared. The office went out to get the morning after pill never saw her again. The fourth kept contact online for a week or so then just quit .

I met one well we were both trying to jaywalk near Soi Ari. We both had trouble crossing the street by the time we got to the other side we were talking and joking. She managed to seduce me also with in an hour.She was in Bangkok at a Technical school but from Korat. She came back the next day. She was definitely looking for a longterm relationship but I was going back to my country at the time, so nothing came of it.

In my opinion some are quite permiscuous but I would also say the average Thai woman isnot.

Your not painting yourself in a very good light ph34r.png

Unbelievable, the Thai girls are promiscuous??? I didn't read that you put a stop to the offer of sex and proceeded to quote some biblical passage on the evils of a bit of hanky panky.

Count yourself lucky because you are the tart. You were probably the only one they had slept with that month or week or whatever but you have been through a few of them. What century are we living in? Can't a woman want and have sex too like any man?

So quit you're whining and I suspect bigoted racial implications and thank your lucky stars you didn't have to fork out 35 dinners, a 12 carat diamond and a piece of your left testicle to have some fun in the sack like you would have in the west.

Sounds like it quite a challenge to seduce you! Those wicked , devious Thai women.

Study after study has shown that the level of promiscuity of both men and women varies little from culture to culture excepting some outlier cultures where the consequences of promiscuity offer extremely heavy penalties or where promiscuity is the accepted cultural norm. But even when adultery can be punished by death, people still do it. I think that says something about the human condition.

In my experience, I have found little difference in the levels of promiscuity anywhere in the world. Only the wrapper might change. While, say, a Norwegian woman, an American woman, and Thai woman might all say things differently in the work-up, I don't find any difference in the ratio of women who are "promiscuous" (and that is a relative term) and those who are not within any given culture.

For men, I can only go by what I am told by others, but I don't see any difference in male promiscuity based on culture, either.

Interesting responses so far. Seems to be the same as I experienced.

The thing is, I am a little shocked truth be told. There has been a sexual revolution in Asia it seems. I passed through 20 years ago and at the time it felt like girls were whores or virgins. How times change.

Are none English/online girls different?

From my experience--dating both English-speaking and non-English speaking Thai girls--the former is much more promiscuous. The so-called "normal" Thai girls from a traditional Thai family and not dirt-poor (i.e., middle class) generally do not speak much English. They tend to be much more conservative and better marriage-material...if there's such a thing.

Edited by Berkshire

Farang hunters tend to be. You met them all online and they all spoke English. Was this site specifically to meet foreign dudes? They've probably had tons of foreign boyfriends before, maybe have a bunch going at once. Farang mostly date within the same small pool of women

Also it doesn't take that long back home in the late 20s and early 30s. Or with foreigners on vacation here if you're still up to it

Still haven't come across the same level of lack of inhibitions of say a New Orleans or Rio for say Mardi Gras or a South Padre or Cancun Spring Break say for college aged folks. Here (for me anyway), a lot of it seems to be more dependent on how financially successful the random party thinks I am. When I was single, I could clearly tell the difference just by what combination of car, watch, clothing, etc. I happened to use that evening. I would say it's still a bit more difficult to 'pickup' a truly random person of the same or higher socio-economic class than say back in the US (whether back in my school days or now). Just the fact that so many more here still live with their immediate families in their late 20's and 30's is one thing. Yeah, there are love motels everywhere, but believe me, not everyone reacts very well when you swing into one, and you can't just bring an endless line of non-pro's back to your escape/man cave condo, even if you don't normally live there.

Again, yes, we're talking non-prostitutes, which IMO a lot of foreigners still can't identify (apart from obvious indicators like number tags or 'clues' like expecting payment of some kind.... you get a lot of guys who are convinced that just because the girl doesn't expect or hint at cash that she isn't a pro.... (of course there are plenty of ways to get you to pay in the long run). Have seen it way too many times to count: guys that were well within their rights by way of occupation and socio-economic status who get tangled up in the kind of messy situations (you know, the kind that involves marriage, property and wire transfers, broken beer bottles, arguing at the ATM and anywhere else in public, taking care of children from previous marriages, etc.) that mostly teachers or elderly tourists often find themselves in.

smile.png

Edited by Heng

Again, yes, we're talking non-prostitutes, which IMO a lot of foreigners still can't identify (apart from obvious indicators like number tags or 'clues' like expecting payment of some kind.... you get a lot of guys who are convinced that just because the girl doesn't expect or hint at cash that she isn't a pro.... (of course there are plenty of ways to get you to pay in the long run).

Agreed. Lots of girls will do it for free when they are off duty and pretend to be anything but a bar girl. Many of them are hoping for a sugar-daddy or a husband and they know how stupid men can get when they think that they are getting it for "free".

Again, yes, we're talking non-prostitutes, which IMO a lot of foreigners still can't identify (apart from obvious indicators like number tags or 'clues' like expecting payment of some kind.... you get a lot of guys who are convinced that just because the girl doesn't expect or hint at cash that she isn't a pro.... (of course there are plenty of ways to get you to pay in the long run).

Agreed. Lots of girls will do it for free when they are off duty and pretend to be anything but a bar girl. Many of them are hoping for a sugar-daddy or a husband and they know how stupid men can get when they think that they are getting it for "free".

I think this is evidenced by an increase in the number of freelancers.

We have a girl who has been waitressing for us for over a year and she will go to Phuket to freelance next month.

She has a 9 year old boy, her American husband is not coming back so she will look to find the security of a longer-term relationship.

Is she a whore or someone who is trying to the best for her family ?

Edited by bonobo
fixed bad formatting and removed dup

if you are 50 up some will still want to do you, if there is a good profit innit.

Hmm - at 52 years and still not paying for 'quickies' (well not in liquid cash anyway) smile.png Must be my hansum face and impeccable manners

Edited by simon43

Study after study has shown that the level of promiscuity of both men and women varies little from culture to culture excepting some outlier cultures where the consequences of promiscuity offer extremely heavy penalties or where promiscuity is the accepted cultural norm. But even when adultery can be punished by death, people still do it. I think that says something about the human condition.

In my experience, I have found little difference in the levels of promiscuity anywhere in the world. Only the wrapper might change. While, say, a Norwegian woman, an American woman, and Thai woman might all say things differently in the work-up, I don't find any difference in the ratio of women who are "promiscuous" (and that is a relative term) and those who are not within any given culture.

For men, I can only go by what I am told by others, but I don't see any difference in male promiscuity based on culture, either.

Same as that. I haven't ever noticed any difference in my travels (apart from the islamic countries, that is, where a woman risks getting stoned to death for that kind of thing) in the average time it took to bed a woman. We men tend to be brainwashed into thinking that women only tolerate sex. Rubbish. Women enjoy sex just as much as men. They do, however, need to be a bit more circumspect than us chaps, being the (physically) weaker sex. And they are perhaps a bit more fussy about the type of chap they will sleep with than men are about women. Thai women are no different than European women in that respect.

I have a feeling that this thread will go pear-shaped before long. However,....

..... promiscuous is a western value. Thais do not view sex as emotionally important.

By definition - yes they are. By cultural values - no they are not.

On one date it was made clear by the 'chaperone' that sex was out of the question on the first date. Second night was OK though licklips.gif

This is true. Asians also treat sex in a much more utilitarian way than Westerners. Did you know, for example, there is no word in the Thai language for "romance"? The concept simply did not exist traditionally. Most non-professional Thai women are truly hoping for something long term. They know that marriage to a Westerner will bring a level of "success" they cannot achieve on their own. That does not mean Thai women are predatory, few non-professionals are that. There are a lot of broken Thai hearts out there. If you give a shit, it is sad. If you don't, carry on.

• Like 1

Farang hunters tend to be. You met them all online and they all spoke English. Was this site specifically to meet foreign dudes? They've probably had tons of foreign boyfriends before, maybe have a bunch going at once. Farang mostly date within the same small pool of women

I very much agree with this. Some of these farang-hunters really get around. It may seem like a large pool of Thai women chasing farangs, but as you say, it's really a small pool of women that have a large number of farangs on a string at any given time.

Sorry about this but I just had to come back and state something about the nonpromiscuous young women in Thailand. Where I live now I must know around 30 or 40 young women in their late 20's. These young women are a pure pleasure to talk to too. All of them are educated and live at home with their families. Most of them have not even been on a date.They are as pure a driven snow. They well mannered and beautiful. They enjoy spending time with me (an old man) because I help them with their english and they show their appreciation by sitting with me and we eat together etc. Not one of these young women would even think of being promiscuous.

The bottomline is I enjoy my time with these virtuous young women much more than with the promiscuous ones.The good women in Thailand make other people feel good about the world in general.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1