Wanted Frenchman Nabbed In Thailand

webfact

Wanted Frenchman Nabbed in Thailand

The Immigration Police Bureau holds in custody a French national who fled an arrest warrant in his home country over drug charges.

Thirty-year-old French national, David Selem was arrested by the Thai Immigration Police Bureau for violating the 1979 Immigration Act after staying in the Thai Kingdom illegally.

Selem has also been charged and is wanted for possession and selling of one kilogram of cocaine and ten kilograms of marijuana in France.

The French Embassy in Bangkok earlier sought cooperation from the Thai police in arresting Selem as he fled his hometown to hide out in Thailand.

Initial investigation found that Selem entered Thailand through Nong Khai Province from Laos on February 15 this year and has been staying in Ladprao area in Bangkok.

The suspect was asked to present travel documents but refused to do so.

His passport was later found to have expired since May this year, so the police have charged him with residing in Thailand illegally.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-12-28

footer_n.gif

Hint to the bad guys.... don't do anything online, and if you must, be mobile about it. An awful lot of people have this mistaken impression that the police and ISP's value privacy as much as other places in the world.

:)

Not a very French sounding name.

Maybe its the west African immigrants that a littering phuket at the moment skimming atms.

Good riddance to bad trash

How come every time an European is caught here for crimes committed here or back home, there are always people pointing out the fact that the name doesn't sound European, like in this case, French? When these immigrants win medals or trophies at the Olympics or world cup, they're Europeans.

I would like to see a photo of this guy. a couple of years back there was a French 'David' whom I strongly suspect of drug dealing, he was always acting suspiciously, with suspicious people. He fled very quickly to Samui, not before trying to induce my Cambodian girl friend to bring some ketamine over the border. I did not even know what it was at the time.

S/E Asian countries are always a good place to start looking for international fugitives. I am sure that Thailand has it's fair share walking amongst us.

Australia doesn't do too bad on that front eitherwai.gif

I doubt very much that it would be anywhere near the scale of those in S/E Asia. You hear constant stories on here about fugitives being arrested by the BIB in Thailand. (When I say arrested it is normally a tip off or the fugitives have stepped on thier own appendixes, not detective work by the BIB)

How do you translate "cliché" in english? The name is 100% jewish but he and his family are certainly from north Africa and the old french Empire....

Sorry, but no. While some "jews" may be named Selem it is a name of arabic origin. Pull out your Koran and look to the The valley of the Selem (mimosa flava), a thorny tree. I also did a quick name search and came across a pediatrician of that name that graduated from Ain Shams University in Cairo 24 years ago. The catch is that jews were restricted from attending egyptian universities at the time, particularly medical schools and egypt expelled all of its jcitizens of the jewish faith in the 1950's, as such, your claim that the name is 100% "jewish" is not reliable. The fact of the matter is that he accused may have North African origins, but he was a french national and most likely was born in France. If he was of North African origin, and with his skin colouring, is most likely going to be of Arab origin and not Black African origin. Whatever his faith may have been, it is not germane. Religion is not the same as national origin. Muslims can come from Russia, just as Christians can come from Israel.

Don't wonder too much when you read about a mexican surname in USA, a greek one in AUS, a jamaican in UK, a north african in Italy Spain or France. Nobody told you world is mixing up every day more? Well I tell you now, but take a chair and sit down first, don't want to shock you all together. fuc_k every racism.

No death penalty at all? best idea?

Why are they referred to as north african etc when they do something bad but french when they win a trophy for the national team?

Good Point! But I guess for the same reasons as why the highest General in N.A.T.O during the Libya Conflict was called French-Canadian, but if he got caught in Thailand for Sex Crimes he would have then been called just Canadian.