Thai Visa Poster Of 2011

smokie36

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, excuse me, but last time I checked I wasn't Ianforbes.

But you would just love to be, wouldn't you, darling.

I would like to be a shockingly bald, enthusiastically heterosexual, outdoors fanatic, Canadian? You got me on Canadian! (I checked, they won't have me. Can't say I blame them as I don't fancy hockey.)

post-37101-0-88517900-1325401089_thumb.g

Edited by Jingthing

The rules (next year) should be voted on

Including the matter of whether or not mods should be included.

I think we should trust it to one person to work out the details, and if we are not happy with the result, we can abstain, rather than turning it into a bickerfest for the next eleven months.

SC

So now we need a vote on who makes the rules

smile.png

No we don't. I make the rules. tongue.png

Here it is....next years contest shall have a preliminary round. There will be a separate vote for mods. Once the first round is complete I will whittle it down to the last six in either category.

Then they can fight it out. Proportional representation at its best! smile.png

Your a genius Smokie.......can we have a third category only for JT? I fear for his metal health is he loses again next year.

By the way JT, I think it was an outstanding result for you, to even be nominated from the thousands of members was an achievement, and to garner as many votes was even better still. Look on the bright side, your the second most appreciated non-mod Thaivisa member.......well done and congratulations.

Edited by theblether

Here it is....next years contest shall have a preliminary round. There will be a separate vote for mods. Once the first round is complete I will whittle it down to the last six in either category.

Your a genius Smokie.......can we have a third category only for JT? I fear for his metal health is he loses again next year.

By the way JT, I think it was an outstanding result for you, to even be nominated from the thousands of members was an achievement, and to garner as many votes was even better still. Look on the bright side, your the second most appreciated non-mod Thaivisa member.......well done and congratulations.

I don't think 'outstanding' really covers it

I don't think 'outstanding' really covers it

Give me a chance, I'm trying to soothe JT's battered ego tongue.png

Give me a chance, I'm trying to soothe JT's battered ego tongue.png

Thanks for your kind concern, but my EGO is the one thing about me that is RICH enough already. Happy New Year!

Same to you and my pleasure.......you provide some outstanding entertainment

I have to say that the post poll antics are pretty hilarious. You've got a member, smokie, wonder about how members view others, so he makes up a poll. It is a valid question and interesting. However, it is merely one more thread. The winner does not get a new car or a two-for-one coupon at MK.

Yet we have people expending so much energy crying foul, trying to set up "rules" on what is "legal and illegal" for next year, having spasms over mods being included, etc. It is quite surreal.

First, the rules for TV express that you cannot discuss moderation in the forum, not moderators. If someone posts that sbk has a whip in her avatar, or that webfact makes a lot of news posts, well, nothing I see in the rules precludes that.

Second, the thread which ended up birthing the poll had many posts on who is helpful and valuable to other posters. Forgive me smokie if I am putting words in your posts, but that is what it seemed to me to be the point of the poll. And while I don't know Sheryl, from the many, many posts I have read, she has gone out of her way to help others. Seems to me to be a pretty rational reason for people to vote for her. No offense to IanForbes, but I think her posts, without having read them, have helped out more members than Ian's photos and stories about his women (once again, not taking shots at Ian as reading about his escapades is pretty amusing. And if I read Ian from his posts correctly, I think he would feel good about being nominated, but offer Sheryl his congratulations.)

Third, and yes, I am repeating this, WHO REALLY CARES? There is no real result to this except for Sheryl getting a pat on the back from us. And those who were merely nominated also received pats. So why all the consternation as if there was some sort of actual, touchable benefit?

I have to say that the post poll antics are pretty hilarious. You've got a member, smokie, wonder about how members view others, so he makes up a poll. It is a valid question and interesting. However, it is merely one more thread. The winner does not get a new car or a two-for-one coupon at MK.

Yet we have people expending so much energy crying foul, trying to set up "rules" on what is "legal and illegal" for next year, having spasms over mods being included, etc. It is quite surreal.

First, the rules for TV express that you cannot discuss moderation in the forum, not moderators. If someone posts that sbk has a whip in her avatar, or that webfact makes a lot of news posts, well, nothing I see in the rules precludes that.

Second, the thread which ended up birthing the poll had many posts on who is helpful and valuable to other posters. Forgive me smokie if I am putting words in your posts, but that is what it seemed to me to be the point of the poll. And while I don't know Sheryl, from the many, many posts I have read, she has gone out of her way to help others. Seems to me to be a pretty rational reason for people to vote for her. No offense to IanForbes, but I think her posts, without having read them, have helped out more members than Ian's photos and stories about his women (once again, not taking shots at Ian as reading about his escapades is pretty amusing. And if I read Ian from his posts correctly, I think he would feel good about being nominated, but offer Sheryl his congratulations.)

Third, and yes, I am repeating this, WHO REALLY CARES? There is no real result to this except for Sheryl getting a pat on the back from us. And those who were merely nominated also received pats. So why all the consternation as if there was some sort of actual, touchable benefit?

I think your mis-reading it, there is a lot of faux consternation going on here as we are highly entertained by this thread, and if the thread didn't degenerate into an orgy of recrimination, controversy and back biting then it wouldn't be worthy of the Thaivisa Poster of The Year contest.

Jingthing has been comedy gold biggrin.png

We could all delete our votes and change them to a vote for jingthing. It might just be a little too much for him though.

You're right. I might blow my annual food budget on an order of guacamole at Sunrise Tacos and then it would all end in tears ...

Things are getting dodgy, someone has just voted for Jingthing and he is steadily catching up with ianforbes.......I can't take much more of this drama

Canada's honor must be defended!

post-37101-0-78164000-1325413039_thumb.j

For the sake of everything that is good and polite in the world, and most especially smoked salmon, both west coast style and Nova!

Edited by Jingthing

Things are getting dodgy, someone has just voted for Jingthing and he is steadily catching up with ianforbes.......I can't take much more of this drama

Once the voters realized that Ian is suspended, they started voting for Jingthing instead - kind of like what happened to Herman Cain.

Once the voters realized that Ian is suspended, they started voting for Jingthing instead - kind of like what happened to Herman Cain.

What? Jingthing is running for the republican nomination now?cowboy.gif

edit: typo

Edited by SimonD

Sure, why not? I'm a strong supporter of Israel and pro gay family!

(Oops, there go the votes!)

What I really meant to say was vote for Ianforbes!

Uh oh, now I'm confused. Time to fire Fluffy the cockroach, my campaign manager and gin up some kind of internet sex scandal.

Edited by Jingthing

JT for pope.

SC

I think it would be better if we had a secret ballot, instead of making the results public.

SC

Like coming out of the closet,but not?

Like coming out of the closet blindfold.

Oh no, he's put his foot right in the urinal, that's just taking the piss....

Secret ballot: reminds me of a joke:

'Chinese election... so the chap starts to tear open the envelope "What do you think you're doing?"

"I want to see who I'm voting for"

"You can't do that; it's a secret ballot"'

SC

......... as if there was some sort of actual, touchable benefit?

Excusee moi rolleyes.gif

Chocolatey drink - real

With moi - real ....well I am kinda real

biggrin.png

Well, you're certainly more real than me. I play a character named Jingthing on tv. Say congrats to Sheryl on my unreal (surreal) behalf. I have always greatly appreciated her wonderful work on the health forum and also Lopburi3 for his authoritative visa guidance on the vital visa forum. Edited by Jingthing