Thai Visa Poster Of 2011

smokie36

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The rules (next year) should be voted on

Including the matter of whether or not mods should be included.

That seems fair on the face of it. But there is a flaw in that idea really because there are three logical choices. Include them in one contest, include them in a separate contest, or exclude them entirely. That would confuse the issue and make a result unclear. Given that, I think it would be just be easier and fairer to simply have two contests. Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should trust it to one person to work out the details, and if we are not happy with the result, we can abstain, rather than turning it into a bickerfest for the next eleven months.

SC

That seems fair on the face of it. But there is a flaw in that idea really because there are three logical choices. Include them in one contest, include them in a separate contest, or exclude them entirely. That would confuse the issue and make a result unclear. Given that, I think it would be just be easier and fairer to simply have two contests.

It won't confuse the issue at all, it couldn't be clearer.

A) No Mods at all

B.) Mods in separate contest only

C) Mods included in one main vote.

It ain't rocket science.

I think we should trust it to one person to work out the details, and if we are not happy with the result, we can abstain, rather than turning it into a bickerfest for the next eleven months.

SC

So now we need a vote on who makes the rules

:)

That seems fair on the face of it. But there is a flaw in that idea really because there are three logical choices. Include them in one contest, include them in a separate contest, or exclude them entirely. That would confuse the issue and make a result unclear. Given that, I think it would be just be easier and fairer to simply have two contests.

It won't confuse the issue at all, it couldn't be clearer.

A) No Mods at all

B.) Mods in separate contest only

C) Mods included in one main vote.

It ain't rocket science.

It ain't rocket science but you don't need to be so simple minded either.

There are two choices there for including the mods in some way, and only one choice for not including. Thus you have created a bias, splitting the vote of those who want to include the mods in some way (my preference, two contests). The only fair way to do that by vote is to do TWO pure votes.

First -- mods in some way or totally excluded

Then if mods in some way wins

Second -- mods in the same pool with the 99 percent as was done this year (meaning in my view mods will ALWAYS win) or mods in their own separate contest

Now I do think TWO polls to decide this basic thing is definitely OVER THE TOP. So again to me the most logical and fair choice is simply to go with two separate contests. Professional level visa advisers like Lopburi3 for the visa forum and professional seasoned nurses like Sheryl in the health forum are ALWAYS every year going to be the most valuable content contributors here. That is a given. Where is the drama there? Where is the fun for non-professional, non-affiliated content contributors?

Forgetting the rude, predictable charges of sour grapes which I frankly don't care a wit about, what chance would an oddball character winner like Ianforbes ever have against INSIDER contributors?

Edited by Jingthing

SC

smile.png

Why? In a democracy, there is only a need for a vote if anyone disagrees. We just nominate JT, give him some clear and simple guidelines:

a. To be ridiculously complicated, so that no mere mortal could possibly understand the permutations

b. To minimise the risk of simple interpretation

c. To serve as a charicature of political correctness

d. To include as many smutty eruphemisms in the instructions as possible

and leave him to it.

If he does a good job, he can do the same again the following year, and if he does a bad job, we can curse him with the task for life.

That's how I learnt to bear dissatisfaction in silent fortitude.

SC

well...many years ago I was a 'contenda' for poster of the year and now I don't get a look in...mad.gif

I say that next year we have the 'tutsiwarrior award for life time achievement'...it's only fair...

Done! Jingthing grants it! Take your prize and 300 baht to Starbucks for a celebratory latte. Edited by Jingthing

SC

smile.png

Why? In a democracy, there is only a need for a vote if anyone disagrees. We just nominate JT, give him some clear and simple guidelines:

a. To be ridiculously complicated, so that no mere mortal could possibly understand the permutations

b. To minimise the risk of simple interpretation

c. To serve as a charicature of political correctness

d. To include as many smutty eruphemisms in the instructions as possible

and leave him to it.

If he does a good job, he can do the same again the following year, and if he does a bad job, we can curse him with the task for life.

That's how I learnt to bear dissatisfaction in silent fortitude.

SC

Well, that should simplify matters.

There'd only be one candidate to vote for on the poll.

yeah...just like washed up actors us old posters without official accolades take what we can get regardless of our entertainment abilities...an' there ain't no fancy coffee places where I live anyway...

oh, boo hoo...an' I got diabetes and high blood pressure and there ain't no Burbank 'old TV posters home' where I can die peacefully...sad.png

I gotta re-invent just like Brando roared back from Last Tango... to The Godfather and intimidate everyone on the forum: 'and your enemies would then become my enemies, and then they would fear you...'dry.png

Edited by tutsiwarrior

You would say that. I get the feeling your resistance to my very well reasoned ideas is personal. I don't want the job anyway, but I would like to express my opinions.

You would say that. I get the feeling your resistance to my very well reasoned ideas is personal. I don't want the job anyway, but I would like to express my opinions.

Stop beating about the bush, JT. What's on your mind? What's bothering you?

Tell it like it is, and stop bottling it up...

Personal?

Yes, because I've got in in for/am rooting for, Ummmm, errrrr.

Eh?

well...many years ago I was a 'contenda' for poster of the year and now I don't get a look in...mad.gif

I say that next year we have the 'tutsiwarrior award for life time achievement'...it's only fair...

Done! Jingthing grants it! Take your prize and 300 baht to Starbucks for a celebratory latte.

re: megalomania, for reference, from Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Curtin sez to a crazed Fred C Dobbs: 'who sez that you're the boss of this outfit?'cowboy.gif

Edited by tutsiwarrior

You people are discussing the rules for a popularity contest that won't be held until this time next year?

On New Years Eve?

What a sad bunch of people.

At least I have an excuse. I'm on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

You don't know the half of it.

I think its time for comprehensive poll on the topic of mod inclusion, for next year, and I'm just the man to handle that one.

OK, it turns out it is very doable to do a clear poll that fairly covers the question of mod inclusion, so why yap about it, here it is:

Edited by Jingthing

You people are discussing the rules for a popularity contest that won't be held until this time next year?

On New Years Eve?

I think its time for comprehensive poll on the topic of mod inclusion, for next year, and I'm just the man to handle that one.

OK, it turns out it is very doable to do a clear poll that fairly covers the question of mod inclusion, so why yap about it, here it is:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4946732

A poll to decide on a poll! i love it!

On New Years Eve?

If Seinfeld can make mega millions on a comedy about nothing, a poll about a poll is a piece of cake.

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Thanks to all, I am amazed and humbled.

Sorry to be late in replying, I wasn't aware of this contest until sbk alerted me, as I had to make an emergency trip back home due to a death in the family.

So this honor has provided me a spot of cheer at a particulalry good point in time.

I'm not sure I deserve the award but i will certainly do my best to live up to it!

Happy New Year to one and all.

jap.gif

On New Years Eve?

If Seinfeld can make mega millions on a comedy about nothing, a poll about a poll is a piece of cake.

Jingthing, step away from the keyboard and walk out the door.......it's New Years Eve......go to a party, have a drink, chill out, if you do that I'll promise to vote for you next year. biggrin.png

I'm away down to Thae Pae Gate to soak up the atmosphere.........Happy New Year Jingthing partytime2.gifdrunk.gifburp.gif

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Sorry to be late in replying, I wasn't aware of this contest until sbk alerted me, as I had to make an emergency trip back home due to a death in the family.

So this honor has provided me a spot of cheer at a particulalry good point in time.

I'm not sure I deserve the award but i will certainly do my best to live up to it!

jap.gif

Happy New Year Sheryl, and congratulations, you won by a country mile!!! The poll has been good value entertainment too, so all in all a great success by smokie36.

All we have to do now is club together to pay for counselling for Jingthing cheesy.gif

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

jap.gif

Sheryl happy new year!

If anyone deserves an award it is you!

There is on going discussion about whether you (and other mods) should be excluded from the poll. The latest reasoning is that you are a professional in your field and will always win on that basis. I disagree with that supposed logic.

Jingthing - I didn't want to say anything and tried to not express my opinion as might be seen as someone with a vested interest. But my opinion really has nothing to do with being a mod, and it is this:

Sheryl may indeed be a professional with expert knowledge in her field. But so are a number of other members on this forum. Some are engineers some are financiers some are architects some doctors dentist lawyers etc etc

So a number of people have expert knowledge. And each one of them that share those expert knowledge are appreciated for doing so. Why should Sheryl (or lop for that matter) be excluded for doing exactly what other members do?

Anyhow. Just my thoughts.

By the way I didn't vote.

Ohhh and Sheryl in case u missed it. Your prize is a nice chocolatey drink with me. No kidding :)

Happy new year everyone and thank you to each and everyone of thaivisa members for your contribution and support.

:)

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

jap.gif

Ohhh and Sheryl in case u missed it. Your prize is a nice chocolatey drink with me. No kidding smile.png.....

Looking forward to it, Miggie!

SC

smile.png

No we don't. I make the rules. tongue.png

Here it is....next years contest shall have a preliminary round. There will be a separate vote for mods. Once the first round is complete I will whittle it down to the last six in either category.

Then they can fight it out. Proportional representation at its best! smile.png

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

jap.gif

You are a worthy winner Sheryl. A very Happy New Year to you wherever you are! I hope its not too cold...cool.png

He's like Churchill, isn't he? In our darkest hour...

A volunteer is worth ten pressed men.

SC

Edit: I was hoping JT would assume the mantle, but maybe he doesn't have the gas to light that one up. Smokie seems tireless - he's on his second wind.

Edited by StreetCowboy