Thai Visa Poster Of 2011

smokie36

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not your ball, so why don't you just put it down and let the big boys carry on playing

I agree. We need to hear from smokie36 to make the final call. The idea of a prize for top mod and one for top REGULAR poster would be a solution for this year.

But if done in future, think about it, organizations don't open contests to their public and then award their own insider people with prizes. That just isn't done.

Edited by Jingthing

But if done in future, think about it, organizations don't open contests to their public and then award their own insider people with prizes. That just isn't done.

No, it isn't done.

But in the case it is the public that opened the competition and 'awarded' the prize, not the organisation.

Grow up

Edited by Moonrakers

I will not say what I really think of your antics Jing, would earn me a holiday, I just can't think of a polite way to describe a person who would deliberately sabotage a genuine attempt to show respect and appreciation

Edited by 473geo

It is not your ball, so why don't you just put it down and let the big boys carry on playing

+1

So who are the big boys? I say it has to be smokie36. This did not come from the management. I think UG's idea of two prizes is best for this time. Don't rob Ian!

What do you mean don't rob Ian? he didn't win the vote.

The people that voted for the likes of Sheryl voted for Sheryl, not Ian. Who are you to say their votes should be disregarded? Who are you to move the goalposts after the vote?

It's not your call anyway and you are just showing yourself up.

Edited by Moonrakers

OK, for what it's worth here's my opinion, We can't be having selective moderation disorder, ( SMD ) the rules are clear, we can't discuss moderators or moderation. Therefore all mods are ( appreciated, especially Shery ) but disqualified.

Therefore the winner is Ianforbes, and I think he is a worthy winner, I have thoroughly enoyed his posts and photos this year, HOWEVER, he got imself "holidayed" for breaking Thaivisa rules so therefore he should also be disqualified for selective bad boy disorder ( SBBD ).

Therefore I reckon the winner is Jingthing, so congrats to him however I do bow down to the intelligence and wit of smokie ( who in my opinion should have been a contender ) and I await his adjudication.

Again, I propose we all wait for the official ruling of the poll designer,.

Guess you got impatient - http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4945028

The OP starts a poll and someone else decides to voluntarily be manager and decision maker. BTW - mods are members also.

At the risk of being cheeky, if you take the Quens coin you better be ready to take the Queens bullet, so the mods are disqualified.

OK, for what it's worth here's my opinion, We can't be having selective moderation disorder, ( SMD ) the rules are clear, we can't discuss moderators or moderation. Therefore all mods are ( appreciated, especially Shery ) but disqualified.

Therefore the winner is Ianforbes, and I think he is a worthy winner, I have thoroughly enoyed his posts and photos this year, HOWEVER, he got imself "holidayed" for breaking Thaivisa rules so therefore he should also be disqualified for selective bad boy disorder ( SBBD ).

Therefore I reckon the winner is Jingthing, so congrats to him however I do bow down to the intelligence and wit of smokie ( who in my opinion should have been a contender ) and I await his adjudication.

And double nicks are also against the rules. So you to are disqualified, Jingthing

And double nicks are also against the rules. So you to are disqualified, Jingthing

giggle.gifgiggle.gif

Is this the first poll in history where all the contenders are disqualified??? Wouldn't surprise me after all Thaivisa is at it's best when it's being controversial.

Anyway, in all seriousness, everyone on the poll deserves the highest praise, some of the posts I've read have been exceptional, so the winner is.....everyone!!!

Mod or not sheryl won by a mile. Check out her posts in the health forum and you'll know why. Lop is a close 2nd. (Very little modding, and much good info)

JT, don't get to upset that you came in behind her, lop and a bald cdn fisherman on holiday, perhaps there was a hanging chad you grasp onto.

First of all let me reiterate something another poster has already touched upon. The moderators are also members of this forum. They post on here same as the rest of us and therefore are NOT disqualified.

It has been a free vote....well for the most part...except for a bit of cunning jerrymandering by one contestant. I congratulate his political ambition.

Anyway in Third Place we have......IanForbes. A picture is clearly worth a thousand words! wink.png

In close Second Place its......Lopburi3. Well appreciated for all his up to date and informative posts on the Visa Forum. thumbsup.gif

And this year's Winner is....Sheryl!! A most worthy winner as she gives out great advice on a wide range of health issues for all our benefit. Thanks and congratulations! I hope you enjoy your Hot Chocolate!! clap2.gifclap2.gif

Now as its officially Hogmanay I invite all of the posters to join me .....partytime2.gif

I almost forgot. Turnout was 0.008547%. Please adjust for Banned or Holidaying members. Let's say under 1%.

Not bad given there was no money on offer. biggrin.png

About the same as a British local by-election then.

Congratulations to Sheryl and the runners-up! WPFflags.gif

Now, about next years' vote...

Edited by SimonD

I accept the verdict of the poll designer, but in my heart Al Gore was elected US president in 2000 and Ianforbes was the people's choice for Thaivisa poster of the year 2011.

Nobody gets anywhere by beating a dead horse.

+1, 2 and 3 graham!

I vote we close this topic immediately-or do we need a poll?

I accept the verdict of the poll designer, but in my heart Al Gore was elected US president in 2000 and Ianforbes was the people's choice for Thaivisa poster of the year 2011.

Nobody gets anywhere by beating a dead horse.

+1, 2 and 3 graham!

I vote we close this topic immediately-or do we need a poll?

Fine with moi. Gives me more time to pore over the library of Ianforbes posts! clap2.gif

It's obvious that there needs to be rules and guidelines for all future polls. Maybe a "Pollmaster", similar to webmaster, should be appointed. anybody have any ideas who that should be! unsure.png

I accept the verdict of the poll designer, but in my heart Al Gore was elected US president in 2000 and Ianforbes was the people's choice for the people's Thaivisa poster of the year 2011.

This was bound to happen JT.....but we operate a first past the post system back where I'm from! cheesy.gif